How Unique are You?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But false teachers crept in and the church had to put into writing what scripture taught about God, Christ, Sin, and Christ's human nature. If you know anything about this, it probably came through one of the creeds.

The church your praising is the Catholic Church. What kind of defenses that.

You're acting as though only denominations are capable of seeing truth, which is sheer nonsense.

Day one on true defenders of the faith didn't belong to any denomination.

D

Dave L

The church your praising is the Catholic Church. What kind of defenses that.

You're acting as though only denominations are capable of seeing truth, which is sheer nonsense.

Day one on true defenders of the faith didn't belong to any denomination.
You are missing the big picture. God used the State to preserve the New Covenant just as he used the State to preserve the Old Covenant. The Catholic church eroded over time into the Antichrist and became the persecutor. But this also happened in the OT. God assured us of persecution and in both cases used the State to purify and separate believers from the chaff.

D

Dave L

I posted the complete definition, you are trying to spin its application.

Romans 8 quite clear you are wrong.
Greek words have wide areas of meaning for the most part. And you are selecting shades of meaning and ignoring others to suit your agenda.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are missing the big picture. God used the State to preserve the New Covenant just as he used the State to preserve the Old Covenant. The Catholic church eroded over time into the Antichrist and became the persecutor. But this also happened in the OT. God assured us of persecution and in both cases used the State to purify and separate believers from the chaff.

I'm not missing anything. Both OT and NT God uses people outside of government and some in to preserve his word.

You are praising the Catholic church and saying what they wrote is God's word when it is not as my quotes prove.

D

Dave L

I'm not missing anything. Both OT and NT God uses people outside of government and some in to preserve his word.

You are praising the Catholic church and saying what they wrote is God's word when it is not as my quotes prove.
This is not true. I'm only saying God uses the State to preserve his word as he did in both the Old and now in the New Covenant.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is not true. I'm only saying God uses the State to preserve his word as he did in both the Old and now in the New Covenant.

I repeat, as I proved, their creeds contained false Catholic doctrine. That is not preserving God's word.

There was widespread copies of the the Scriptures in the hands of believers. You want to isolate it to denominations being in control.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
These are not pet doctrines. Christianity is the only religion to worship God in trinity. You are more like Islam and Judaism. = false Christ.
Perhaps for you they are not, but what many supposed Christians seem to do is simply 'go with the flow' of others instead of getting to where they can hear and follow God. Are Islam and Judaism wrong? Is it any worse to get caught in their ways than it is for people bearing the label of Christian to be caught up in a worship of Nehushtan?

Reactions: Nancy

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps for you they are not, but what many supposed Christians seem to do is simply 'go with the flow' of others instead of getting to where they can hear and follow God. Are Islam and Judaism wrong? Is it any worse to get caught in their ways than it is for people bearing the label of Christian to be caught up in a worship of Nehushtan?

Islam and Judaism
have completely different gods and believing salvation by works.

The problem with what you're saying is you accept Christian cults as being weak questions when they're not Christian all.

There's only one path elevation, not many, as a law the so-called Christians believe.

In many Pentecostals and its offshoots leave their listening to the Holy Spirit when they are actually listening to their own fantasies and demons.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Islam and Judaism
have completely different gods and believing salvation by works.
Perhaps! I have not studied Islam and of Judaism I know only some as a result of studying the Bible. In other words, I won't confirm or deny your statement.
The problem with what you're saying is you accept Christian cults as being weak questions when they're not Christian all.
I am very slow to call anything Christian or cult without knowing what is meant by the words. For me a Christian is one who follows or strives to follow Christ. There are likely many bearing the label who are not on the approach to being more like Him.

As to cults, since I know less than all there is to know about God, I won't condemn someone or someone's group based on incomplete knowledge simply because someone else has called them absolutely false. Who is absolutely false among those who are moving in the right direction. What must that direction be?

There's only one path elevation, not many, as a law the so-called Christians believe.
If you are saying there is only one pathway to God, you would be correct, but where each of us is on the pathway depends on how long we been on the pathway. It also depends upon what part of the Body of Christ we are to be. Not everyone will be a finger or an arm or toe. Each will be exactly what God called them to be... if they have heard their calling and are moving toward the goal He has set before them.

Because you do not see what others see may simply mean that God has not opened your eyes to see all that they need to see. Your eyes are to be seeing that which is needful for you.

In many Pentecostals and its offshoots leave their listening to the Holy Spirit when they are actually listening to their own fantasies and demons.
Many bearing the label of Christian do that kind of thing in probably every group... To point a finger at the Pentecostals in particular as having gone aside from the highway of holiness may be accurate, but likely that same shoe fits on the foot of every other group that has been from the time Jesus walked as a man on planet Earth. Who but God knows the history and is able to render a fair judgment? This is why we are not now the judges.

Last edited:
D

Dave L

We must worship God in spirit and in truth. A false concept not grounded in scripture leads to the worship of an idol bearing his name. This is what the Jews did time and again throughout the OT. And many thinking themselves to be followers of Christ do today.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dave L
Is pushing Calvinism. He believes God forenew who he would elect be saved and who he would elect to go to hell. No freewill.

He also believes along the lines of Christian science. We are a thought in God's mind that he manifests in the flesh. The world around us is just God's imagination that he controls for his own desires and pleasure.

We are puppets on a string.

D

Dave L

Dave L
Is pushing Calvinism. He believes God forenew who he would elect be saved and who he would elect to go to hell. No freewill.

He also believes along the lines of Christian science. We are a thought in God's mind that he manifests in the flesh. The world around us is just God's imagination that he controls for his own desires and pleasure.

We are puppets on a string.
You freely choose whatever you want for the reason God uses to solicit your choice. This is not a puppet by any means.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We must worship God in spirit and in truth. A false concept not grounded in scripture leads to the worship of an idol bearing his name. This is what the Jews did time and again throughout the OT. And many thinking themselves to be followers of Christ do today.
Certainly, "not grounded in the Word of God"!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How can anyone who rejects major portions, as does "oneness", be grounded?
What part of scripture have I rejected? You should read more carefully what I have written here.

Am I a "oneness" believer? Where did I say that?

What does the Apostle Paul write about who Jesus is?

"For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;" I Tim 2:5

Reactions: Acolyte