How was your day?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We must hide the Word of God in our hearts. I wanted to throw in the towel when I was woken up at 3am again. I didn't feel I could do anything good for anyone else ever again.

Words from James 1 came to me. "Blessed is the man who remains faithful under trial." God knows that Im going through a real trial. That encourages me.

I won't give up. With Christ, I can do what I need to do.

Reactions: Lambano

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We often live in imperfect homes. There are covered windows with missing panes, cracks, and scuffed paint in mine.

"With food and clothing, we shall be content"

I wanted an expensive house and the education and career that would get it. Instead we have one car and a rented, flawed mobile home.

What has God given me? Everything.

Memories of laughter, peace, enjoying beauty and books and Bible.

I realize that what is considered poor in America is paradise to many in the world. Not only do I have food and clothing but there are times we can buy things we don't even need.

I don't need more. I need gratitude for the blessings Im holding already. The boxes that need to be taken to the dump and the dirty dishes are signals of abundance--- money to buy things and food to eat.

God is good and His Kingdom is eternal.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The weather forecast for today is warm and sunny. Even better than yesterday.

A great time to sit in the sun on my camping chair.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It's really grey and wet here today but it's an unseasonably mild 13C. My dress for my oldest grand daughter's wedding has just arrived and I'm delighted with it. Also I have ordered an air fryer which should come today. Don't know much about them really but my grandson is off to uni this year so I bought him one and decided to get one for me as well.
My younger daughter - mother of the bride - bought me a Radley bag for mother's day. Years ago she promised she would buy me one when she could afford it and fulfilled her promise. Bags are so personal you can look at thousands and not find one you like so it's so great that it's perfect. Bit of ramble on a wet afternoon.

Reactions: Lambano and Wynona

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
We had a little taste of spring this morning; blue sky, sunshine, white fluffy clouds and a temp of 11C but then it clouded over and began to rain. At least is was just spring rain and our forsythia adds the illusion of a splash of sunshine at the end of our garden.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
We had a little taste of spring this morning; blue sky, sunshine, white fluffy clouds and a temp of 11C but then it clouded over and began to rain. At least is was just spring rain and our forsythia adds the illusion of a splash of sunshine at the end of our garden.

Well, in our case in the other half of the hemisphere, down under, the tide is slowly turning, and the weather pattern is changing slowly such that the temperatures at night are now starting to dip below 20 °C, (68 °F) and we are able to get some relief from the persistent heat.

The weather map this past six months has looked nothing like the usual weather maps that have occurred previously and places that are normally are "dry" have become quagmires and impassible because they have become flooded with just a little rain. There are vast tracks of land that are now underwater as the floods slowly dissipate downstream at a snail's pace and will last for months before the ground will be able to dry out.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
After a dull damp start we now have spring sunshine and a top temp of 15C and I'm wearing my new pink dress for the first time.

1710679690166.png

Attachments

• 1710679609057.png
    1710679609057.png
    27.9 KB · Views: 1

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Discipline will be important today.
Discipline with housework was always an issue with me. When I worked part time four or five days a week I had a list for each day and was pretty good at sticking to it. But Ray, my man, always said he didn't marry me for my cleaning or cooking abilities. We have always been friends and companions with equal intellects and some of the same interests.. Now I'm retired I have less to do and more time to do it in, also I pay cleaners to do the worst of it - my little luxury gift to myself. I've done all I set out to do today - I make a little list every day and tick things off, and what doesn't get done stays on the list until it does. One of the jobs is to clean the garden chairs and table ready for the sitting out weather which will soon be here. And after my groceries are delivered tomorrow I will make a large pressure cooker pan full of bean soup which I will freeze in portions to last a few days.

Reactions: amadeus

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Extra low mood and energy today. I started crying on the phone. Hubby decided to take us to get Italian when we come home. Im looking forward to it.

I also ordered some vitamins to help. It feels like I'm having to constantly push myself with no energy for a while.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Extra low mood and energy today. I started crying on the phone. Hubby decided to take us to get Italian when we come home. Im looking forward to it.

I also ordered some vitamins to help. It feels like I'm having to constantly push myself with no energy for a while.
Praying for you and yours.

• Love
Reactions: Wynona

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I have been asleep for a long time today as I began the get zig-zags in my right eye which used to precede a migraine so after I took my tablets and just conked out.

Reactions: Wynona

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My vitamins arrive today. Good. I also need to stop dwelling on the messed up nature of the world we live in.

I push myself to homemake but it feels very mechanical with no energy behind it. Our guest is coming today. Im grateful but it will add resonsibilities. I still want to rise to the occasion. My husband gets up early to work whether he feels good or not. I feel bad but I refuse to make it everyone else's problem.

Thankfully, hubby has paid time off days thursday and friday.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It honestly feels like it's been raining on us a long time. My husband and I both feel it. Soul weariness.

Sometimes trusting God means facing a multi-year trial faithfully. Joseph was sold into slavery by his brothers, then wrongfully thrown into prison. But God was with him. And this is all that matters in the end.

There is suffering to endure to share in the glory. And it makes us like Christ. God is always good and worthy to be praised.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Fun? What is that?

Something we had in spades today. Tons of it. My husband's best friend and sister were over and we all went to this amazing bakery.

I haven't laughed that hard in a long time.