How was your day?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
No I haven't.
Ive thought about it. If I did, Id want ones with medium thickness. But I probably won't get them.
@Wynona Oh so because they can be a nice, confident, rugged look, that once dreadlocks are done will stay that way for quite a while, won't they?

I guess it's all part of the advantage and attraction of them, really, right? You've evidently looked into it ...

upload_2021-8-28_13-44-18.jpegtherighthairstyles dot com

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Wynona Oh so because they can be a nice, confident, rugged look, that once dreadlocks are done will stay that way for quite a while, won't they?

I guess it's all part of the advantage and attraction of them, really, right? You've evidently looked into it ...

View attachment 16850therighthairstyles dot com

I see the appeal. Some women get fake dreadlock extensions.

My husband doesn't prefer any fake hair, weaves, braids, or extensions though. I prefer my natural hair too.

Reactions: farouk

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wynona,

Been a good day here, seen my Mother, went and did some shopping on her behalf and seen a friend, and another friend who had not seen in awhile. Seen last bit of this movie with my mom called Rampage about Dwayne Johnson and a monkey that had gotten sprayed by a chemical and a wolf, and an alligator my mom filled me in all the details missed was a pretty neat experience. Got finished with another new lesson today for the channel over all now it is a restful day could go out and mow the grass, or do it tomorrow. There is a hurricane coming in from the south the last time saw the news at my mothers house that is suppose to get here by Tuesday sometime and rain for the rest of the remaining week.

Have one day remaining off of work and last night before bed took a small amount of time to read Genesis 1 - 4; and also before that had looked up bible in a year type of thing. Never read through all the Old testament, but it was nice to read 1 - 4 of Genesis. How amazing it is what God has provided for us all. Life, and food, though we now toil the lands just as your husband does, and may you yourself, and some others here on this thread Wynona.

Seen and thought would reply, 08/28/2021 12:55pm.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America

My husband doesn't prefer any fake hair, weaves, braids, or extensions though. I prefer my natural hair too.
@Wynona Well if yours were real, and not fake, he may well be okay with the idea, IDK.

I know that making a bit of quality effort to achieve real dreadlocks does - like you say - have a real appeal.

And the appeal lasts if they are done right.

images
instyle dot com

There can be something wholesomely rugged and confident about embarking on dreadlocks, if they are indeed of appeal to the wearer.

Last edited:

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Wynona,

Been a good day here, seen my Mother, went and did some shopping on her behalf and seen a friend, and another friend who had not seen in awhile. Seen last bit of this movie with my mom called Rampage about Dwayne Johnson and a monkey that had gotten sprayed by a chemical and a wolf, and an alligator my mom filled me in all the details missed was a pretty neat experience. Got finished with another new lesson today for the channel over all now it is a restful day could go out and mow the grass, or do it tomorrow. There is a hurricane coming in from the south the last time saw the news at my mothers house that is suppose to get here by Tuesday sometime and rain for the rest of the remaining week.

Have one day remaining off of work and last night before bed took a small amount of time to read Genesis 1 - 4; and also before that had looked up bible in a year type of thing. Never read through all the Old testament, but it was nice to read 1 - 4 of Genesis. How amazing it is what God has provided for us all. Life, and food, though we now toil the lands just as your husband does, and may you yourself, and some others here on this thread Wynona.

Hi @MatthewG Genesis is great! it's sometimes called the seed plot for the rest of Scripture! :)

Reactions: MatthewG and Wynona

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wynona,

Sounds like a good day to me. Thanks for sharing here!

I am reading through the Old Testament now. I am on Jeremiah. I have had a good time reading through it. I like to look online for visuals and videos explaining history, maps, and archaeology.

But yes, Genesis describes Adam's curse and what once was pleasant, is now a tough labor. I believe in heaven, we'll have things to do but they will be enjoyable.

Reactions: farouk and MatthewG

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Sounds like a good day to me. Thanks for sharing here!

I am reading through the Old Testament now. I am on Jeremiah. I have had a good time reading through it. I like to look online for visuals and videos explaining history, maps, and archaeology.

But yes, Genesis describes Adam's curse and what once was pleasant, is now a tough labor. I believe in heaven, we'll have things to do but they will be enjoyable.
@Wynona
I love Jeremiah 20.9: :)

upload_2021-8-28_14-8-43.jpeg

Reactions: Wynona

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@Wynona: PS: I think the picture of dreadlocks, below, is of real ones rather than fake ones, right?
Wynona said:

@Wynona Well if yours were real, and not fake, he may well be okay with the idea, IDK.

I know that making a bit of quality effort to achieve real dreadlocks does - like you say - have a real appeal.

images
instyle dot com

There can be something wholesomely rugged and confident about embarking on dreadlocks, if they are indeed of appeal to the wearer.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Wynona: PS: I think the picture of dreadlocks, below, is of real ones rather than fake ones, right?
Wynona said:

images
instyle dot com

Those look real. The first picture of the dreadlocked woman, not so much.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Those look real. The first picture of the dreadlocked woman, not so much.
@Wynona Well, okay! you've evidently looked into the matter much more than I have; so they look real in the second picture that you refer to; so do those dreads have some sense of appeal there, maybe?

As a style, it does certain seem to have a rugged, confident aura to it.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Wynona Well, okay! you've evidently looked into the matter much more than I have; so they look real in the second picture that you refer to; so do those dreads have some sense of appeal there, maybe?

As a style, it does certain seem to have a rugged, confident aura to it.

Yeah, I see the appeal of the style

Reactions: farouk

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OK, now I'm having a much better day. The darkness is gone, and I solved a physics puzzle I've been racking my head over for the past 5 years. Whoohoo!

Reactions: Wynona and Truman

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Keeping my head above the water. - There's talk in Canada about having to hold your breath while within 6 feet of another.
Stupid just got dumber.
We are having a snap election in Canada. I can choose between the sell-out Liberals and the sell-out Conservatives. If they had waited a few more months, we would've had a peoples' party, but the elite didn't want that. People will line up to vote.

Reactions: Wynona

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How was your day?
OP ^

Beautiful !

We worked in the field, yard, garden all day. Clouds shaded the heat, breeze kept the bugs at bay, took 5 breaks and each time breaking a light shower watered our efforts.
God is Good, Thanks, Praise and Glory unto Him.

God Bless,
Taken

Reactions: Truman and Wynona

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Today, I am making two new recipes: scratchmade cornbread and beef stew. I got the recipes from allrecipes.com.

It said to use chuck beef so I learned more about that. I could definitely taste the difference after browning the meat and trying a small piece. Its marbled with fat and tender.

This afternoon, we will attend church service. Im excited about this. Our church had shut down for quarantine for two weeks.

This is a new church we had been visiting but I had already made some great connections with the ladies of the church.

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Today, I am making two new recipes: scratchmade cornbread and beef stew. I got the recipes from allrecipes.com.

It said to use chuck beef so I learned more about that. I could definitely taste the difference after browning the meat and trying a small piece. Its marbled with fat and tender.

This afternoon, we will attend church service. Im excited about this. Our church had shut down for quarantine for two weeks.

This is a new church we had been visiting but I had already made some great connections with the ladies of the church.
Ummm... that scratchmade cornbread causes my mouth to water. My wife hasn't made any in a while. Thanks for your reminder so that I remind her and then, guess who, is blessed by the consequences?

I am not complaining as I am freshly and delightfully filled with the steak, corn on the cob and baked potato finished here a few minutes ago.
Give God the glory... with special thanks also to my wife!