How was your day?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Im thinking God designed us to talk and listen to Him.

When I go a while without comunicating with Him, there is a void in my soul. Like no amount of talk with others is really enough.

Fortunately, when I come to the Lord and talk with Him, He responds and reminds me that He loves me.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America

When I go a while without comunicating with Him, there is a void in my soul. Like no amount of talk with others is really enough.

Fortunately, when I come to the Lord and talk with Him, He responds and reminds me that He loves me.
@Wynona John's First Epistle speaks about the theme of fellowship, not only with one another but with the Father and with His Son Jesus Christ.

Reactions: Wynona

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America

@Wynona: PS: It's prayer and the Scriptures, right? that are so indispensable daily...

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus and Wynona

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Absolutely! I need my God time.
@Wynona We often live such hectic lives but prioritizing spiritual things takes exercise, right? (I think women with their flair for multi-tasking - often acknowledged - can be examples when it comes to making sure prayer and the Scriptures form part of their essential necessities...)

I'm reminded of Job 23.12: "I have esteemed the words of his mouth more than my necessary food."

Reactions: amadeus and Wynona

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So today I decided not to be guilty about just having a moderate amount to do and just enjoy my day.

I remember when my husband asked me not to work, I was extremely skeptical. I was worried we wouldn't survive on one income and that Id simply become bored with the extra time.

Not only did we survive, I learned to love being a homemaker in the process.

Now occasionally I get verbal jabs for this, including from my family, who don't seem to understand.

I used to feel guilty that I wasn't super busy and stressed out. As if those things are goods in themselves.

But my husband and I are happy and we plan to stay this way, Lord willing. Im sure Ill have busier seasons in the future but there's no reason to take on more for the sake of being busy or be more 'modern'.

But today was really good. I found a gorgeous dress at a consignment shop, learned a lot about health and nutrition, and drank plenty of hot chamomile tea. The chores are mostly done and hubby is on the road so I have the place to myself.

Instead of me feeling guilty for not having a career, Im choosing to be grateful for all the things Im learning as a homemaker, my volunteer work, and being able to relax and go at my own pace.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
So today I decided not to be guilty about just having a moderate amount to do and just enjoy my day.

I remember when my husband asked me not to work, I was extremely skeptical. I was worried we wouldn't survive on one income and that Id simply become bored with the extra time.

Not only did we survive, I learned to love being a homemaker in the process.

Now occasionally I get verbal jabs for this, including from my family, who don't seem to understand.

I used to feel guilty that I wasn't super busy and stressed out. As if those things are goods in themselves.

But my husband and I are happy and we plan to stay this way, Lord willing. Im sure Ill have busier seasons in the future but there's no reason to take on more for the sake of being busy or be more 'modern'.

But today was really good. I found a gorgeous dress at a consignment shop, learned a lot about health and nutrition, and drank plenty of hot chamomile tea. The chores are mostly done and hubby is on the road so I have the place to myself.

Instead of me feeling guilty for not having a career, Im choosing to be grateful for all the things Im learning as a homemaker, my volunteer work, and being able to relax and go at my own pace.
@Wynona Well, you guys are certainly blessed to be in the income situation to do that...

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Wynona Well, you guys are certainly blessed to be in the income situation to do that...

Well at first, we were poor, before hubby became a truck driver. He drove a cab at the time. So it was a bit of a leap of faith.

I know before, we would argue over housework and the money I brought in always seemed to go directly to bills so that irritated me and we'd argue over money.

But the cab job didn't bring in much. It was more a matter of him wanting me to relax and trust that things would be taken care of whether I worked or not.

It was a neat thing for us, because I let go of the money issue and we stopped arguing. Seeing that he worked hard and the money was being used responsibly as possible did allow me to relax. And somehow, the Lord provided even with what little we had.

I had to learn to be extremely thrifty but I rather enjoyed myself after learning how to grocery shop, make my own laundry detergent and take advantage of the thrift store.

Plus, since I was taking the chores, we stopped arguing about that as well.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Yeah, I see the appeal of the style
@Wynona Anyway I think you indicated that the second photo appealed to you more than the first one posted, right? and I guess that you wouldn't want to have dreadlocks done unless your dh definitely saw sympathetically how you really like the idea, but anyhow the second photo does seem to show a really strongly woman-friendly achievement, so to speak, in that unmistakable style, doesn't it? I guess you would agree.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Wynona Anyway I think you indicated that the second photo appealed to you more than the first one posted, right? and I guess that you wouldn't want to have dreadlocks done unless your dh definitely saw sympathetically how you really like the idea, but anyhow the second photo does seem to show a really strongly woman-friendly achievement, so to speak, in that unmistakable style, doesn't it? I guess you would agree.

Yeah, I like the second photo better. I love long hair and hairstyles.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Yeah, I like the second photo better. I love long hair and hairstyles.
@Wynona I guess as in the second photo it would be a highly personalized, rugged style appealing to you that would last quite a while also.

(Not that I'm an expert. My wife and I go to the hairdresser together and neither of us have as much hair to play with, so to speak.)

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Wynona I guess as in the second photo it would be a highly personalized, rugged style appealing to you that would last quite a while also.

(Not that I'm an expert. My wife and I go to the hairdresser together and neither of us have as much hair to play with, so to speak.)

I know a little bit about how they start dreadlocks. They twist and tease the hair. It takes a few weeks before the locks start to dread and get that texture they're known for.

Because of that, I see the style as something you'd really want to be invested for.

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I know a little bit about how they start dreadlocks. They twist and tease the hair. It takes a few weeks before the locks start to dread and get that texture they're known for.

Because of that, I see the style as something you'd really want to be invested for.
@Wynona

Heading out for a bit; wanted to comment first that once this has been achieved, with all the work and effort and painstaking input, it must feel rather phenomenal to have such dreadlocks.

images
instyle dot com

Ttyl...

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
They twist and tease the hair. It takes a few weeks before the locks start to dread and get that texture they're known for.
@Wynona: I see, so I guess their texture is something that takes time slowly to mature, but when they get there there must be something really special and in a sense deeply satisfying to have succeeded in getting dreads to that really good state. (As I said, you must have learned a lot more about it than either my wife or myself.)

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Today was another peaceful and happy day. I saw my husband off at 3am and he began another day of truck driving.

The apartment is mostly clean. Hubby's new chessboard sits proudly in the middle of the coffee table and my knitting project rests beside it.

We talk on and off all day via phone and in person when he gets back. Lunch is steak, broccoli, cauliflower, and jasmine rice.

Then I take off to Whole Foods Market, a swanky type of U.S grocery chain. I found some natural-ish shampoo, conditioner, and soap for us to try. Im not picky. I like big bottles of cheap product.

But Hubs wants certain chemicals off the products.

I also am planning a beef stew so I get two pounds of chuck beef.

Tomorrow I will need to go to a different store and get ingredients for homemade cornbread, beef stew, and command strips for the decorations my in-laws gave us.

How was your day?
My duties as an apartment manager daily as needed, cleaning sidewalks, trimming surbs, trees, etc. we clean inside and out of our apartment, we have fun with our workdays, and sharing experiences on phones.

Love, Walter and Debbie