How was your day?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I feel really good today.

It started out with a great devotional time with the Lord. The book of Jeremiah is really wonderful. I could barely stop thanking and praising God for His goodness to me.

I decided that I was going to stop thinking negatively about my appearance. I saw a video about a girl who overcame anorexia and got emotional. I know the Lord wouldn't want me to go through that.

Ever feel so happy and content with life that you wonder if something is abnornal about you?

Its just that, almost everyone I know seems to be struggling in some way. Some days, I struggle too but most days lately, I am simply in awe of the goodness of the Lord and what He has done in my life, despite my undeservedness.

I feel like a lot of people either have genuine struggles or just choose to live in ways that make them stressed and unhappy. I almost feel afraid to share how happy I actually am because people are so unhappy.

Sometimes, when people ask how Im doing, I just say good when Im really doing wonderful. Sometimes I do say, "Fantastic."

I guess I don't want to be obnoxious. But Ive always have kind of had to dial back the cheer since I became a Christian years ago.

Reactions: amadeus

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America

It started out with a great devotional time with the Lord. The book of Jeremiah is really wonderful. I could barely stop thanking and praising God for His goodness to me.

I decided that I was going to stop thinking negatively about my appearance. I saw a video about a girl who overcame anorexia and got emotional. I know the Lord wouldn't want me to go through that.

Ever feel so happy and content with life that you wonder if something is abnornal about you?

Its just that, almost everyone I know seems to be struggling in some way. Some days, I struggle too but most days lately, I am simply in awe of the goodness of the Lord and what He has done in my life, despite my undeservedness.

I feel like a lot of people either have genuine struggles or just choose to live in ways that make them stressed and unhappy. I almost feel afraid to share how happy I actually am because people are so unhappy.

Sometimes, when people ask how Im doing, I just say good when Im really doing wonderful. Sometimes I do say, "Fantastic."

I guess I don't want to be obnoxious. But Ive always have kind of had to dial back the cheer since I became a Christian years ago.
Hi @Wynona The fact is that if ppl do not keep "looking unto Jesus, the Author and Finisher of our faith" (Hebrews 12.2), then of course they are going to be taken up with other things which in the end won't bring them the peace of the Lord; but the believer is so privileged.

I love the hymn:

"Sweet resting place of every heart
That feels the plague of sin,
Yet knows that deep, mysterious joy,
The peace of God within."

Reactions: Wynona and amadeus

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Interesting. Had never seen it before.
@Wynona Thought from what you had said that it might be of interest, if you had not seen it before. We know of course that morally it is the inward and spiritual dimension - surrounding prayer and the Scriptures - that counts in the matter of feeling good and blessed for the believer. There are some things which - in a far more subjective and personal way - might make you feel good as a woman, and I guess the appeal of doing some really good dreads that would be lasting and effective might be in this category, right?

Reactions: Truman

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
My day is going well...I am so looking forward to dancing in the streets of the New Jerusalem.
I don't understand it all...it'll make sense then.
I just know it's gonna be glorious! And we here on the Board will meet face-to-face!
I'll leave the logistics to the Lord. In the mean time, I'm going back to praising the Lord.
PRAISE...THE...LORD!!!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Give God the glory for what He given to you! Don't hesitate to share, when God urges you to do so, what He has done and is doing for you!

Reactions: Wynona and Truman

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My day is going well...I am so looking forward to dancing in the streets of the New Jerusalem.
I don't understand it all...it'll make sense then.
I just know it's gonna be glorious! And we here on the Board will meet face-to-face!
I'll leave the logistics to the Lord. In the mean time, I'm going back to praising the Lord.
PRAISE...THE...LORD!!!
Yes, Praise the Lord!

I look forward to dancing anytime that the joy of the Lord encourages my heart. My flesh is not always obliging, but God gives what I need, when I need it to accomplish His purpose!

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Wynona Thought from what you had said that it might be of interest, if you had not seen it before. We know of course that morally it is the inward and spiritual dimension - surrounding prayer and the Scriptures - that counts in the matter of feeling good and blessed for the believer. There are some things which - in a far more subjective and personal way - might make you feel good as a woman, and I guess the appeal of doing some really good dreads that would be lasting and effective might be in this category, right?

Maybe one day :)

Reactions: farouk

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Dancing is something I usually delegate to the past, though sometimes when I have my guitar strapped on and I'm praising the Lord, I catch myself spinning in circles! One time I did four complete turns in one motion. Lol ??? - Praise the Lord!!!

Reactions: amadeus and Wynona

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Today is another wonderful day the Lord has given me.

Its not over yet but so far, I have enjoyed lunch with two lovely women and gotten to know them better. The weather has finally cooled off and it is a balmy 66 degrees outside.

Im going for a long walk today. Its gorgeous weather!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Today is another wonderful day the Lord has given me.

Its not over yet but so far, I have enjoyed lunch with two lovely women and gotten to know them better. The weather has finally cooled off and it is a balmy 66 degrees outside.

Im going for a long walk today. Its gorgeous weather!
@Wynona In these days - as always - personal contacts and testimony do and should count for a lot, right?

Reactions: Wynona

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dancing is something I usually delegate to the past, though sometimes when I have my guitar strapped on and I'm praising the Lord, I catch myself spinning in circles! One time I did four complete turns in one motion. Lol ??? - Praise the Lord!!!
I was never able to dance easily in the ways of the flesh although for the sake of girls I did try at times. I had given up on dancing completely for years until after I had been filled with the Holy Ghost...

Now most of my dancing before the Lord is also past. I can remember many times from 1976 until just a few years ago dancing and running and jumping as the Spirit expressed the joy of the Lord within me.

Even when my lungs begin to fail me for the long haul, I would listen to God. My flesh knew I could not, but something within me knew that if God wanted me to manifest that joy, He would supply my needs... and sometimes He did as I danced until I collapsed in exhaustion. Our God is always able. Remember Abraham and Sarah having the miracle baby, Isaac, long after the time of women had supposed passed Sarah by...! Impossible!

"And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible." Mark 10:27

Reactions: Wynona

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I was never able to dance easily in the ways of the flesh although for the sake of girls I did try at times. I had given up on dancing completely for years until after I had been filled with the Holy Ghost...

Now most of my dancing before the Lord is also past. I can remember many times from 1976 until just a few years ago dancing and running and jumping as the Spirit expressed the joy of the Lord within me.

Even when my lungs begin to fail me for the long haul, I would listen to God. My flesh knew I could not, but something within me knew that if God wanted me to manifest that joy, He would supply my needs... and sometimes He did as I danced until I collapsed in exhaustion. Our God is always able. Remember Abraham and Sarah having the miracle baby, Isaac, long after the time of women had supposed passed Sarah by...! Impossible!

"And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible." Mark 10:27
Impossible...so they say. What do they know? Lol!
I give myself migraines from overdoing it sometimes...oh well!
We're not as spry as we used to be, are we! I'm trying to be ready to talk like this, but it snuck up on me. The 60s, I mean. Sigh!

Reactions: amadeus and Wynona

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Wynona I guess also in your circumstances part of it would be for your dh to internalize the appeal that some really good dreads has for you.
Not only that but I just like certain hairstyles that I can make with my hair as it is now.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Today I am writing this post from my smartphone outside because the weather is really nice.

My husband sent me a video of these Youtubers doing a Naruto drinking game. It was admittedly funny but Im not sure I appreciate YouTube for recommending it to him.

I understand why they did it---its entertaining. But its just that much harder to focus on God when you have influences like this.

It took forever but Youtube finally recommends me the type of videos Im at least okay with. I appreciate that because there's a lot of garbage on YouTube that Im not really trying to see.

That being said there are some really amazing YouTubers who are Godly and worth seeing. But I could do without the Naruto drinking game.

Anyway, I love being outdoors. I took some photos of some flowers on the trail and they turned out really nice.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is bread dough about to go in the oven and the turkey meatloaf turned out really good!

I also made homemade laundry detergent. Enough to share a gallon with my in-laws.

It is so gorgeous outside. We had a pleasant car ride today.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Today I am writing this post from my smartphone outside because the weather is really nice.

My husband sent me a video of these Youtubers doing a Naruto drinking game. It was admittedly funny but Im not sure I appreciate YouTube for recommending it to him.

I understand why they did it---its entertaining. But its just that much harder to focus on God when you have influences like this.

It took forever but Youtube finally recommends me the type of videos Im at least okay with. I appreciate that because there's a lot of garbage on YouTube that Im not really trying to see.

That being said there are some really amazing YouTubers who are Godly and worth seeing. But I could do without the Naruto drinking game.

Anyway, I love being outdoors. I took some photos of some flowers on the trail and they turned out really nice.
@Wynona We had rain this morning. At times we can feel the fall in the air already.

I like to remember Genesis 8.22:

"While the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease."