How was your day?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I spent most of the day online. The last week I've been recovering from an especially trying time of health challenges. So I haven't gone out or done much. I talked with my brother from Calgary for some time. That was good.
As far as daith piercings go, I've never heard of them. Yet. Lol

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
PS: Hi @Ziggy; had you heard that also that daith piercings are good for migraines?
Ouch that looks painful lol
It would be easier if I jst shut the computer down when my eys get tired instead of staring at the screen.

Thank You for sharing though, farouk.
Hugs

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Not only that but I just like certain hairstyles that I can make with my hair as it is now.
@Wynona So you mean with it longer you at least have the option of doing something with it such as dreads or other styles, whereas if it was cut your options might be more limited?

Well, my wife anyway years ago did The Chop, and so what she does lies within those constraints, I guess...

(Me: I have a lot less hair than I used to ....)

11-small-side-swept-dreads-CC7LDipp1aw.jpg
hadviser dot com

There's something very strong and controlled anyway about achieving it like this.

Last edited:

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Wynona So you mean with it longer you at least have the option of doing something with it such as dreads or other styles, whereas if it was cut your options might be more limited?

Well, my wife anyway years ago did The Chop, and so what she does lies within those constraints, I guess...

(Me: I have a lot less hair than I used to ....)

11-small-side-swept-dreads-CC7LDipp1aw.jpg
hadviser dot com

There's something very strong and controlled anyway about achieving it like this.

That is very pretty!

I mean that sometimes I like to style my hair in curls or waves without the dreadlock texture.

Reactions: farouk

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Today has been good. Im very concerned about my sister's illness. Will fast tomorrow and pray for her healing.

I picked up my medicine and enjoyed the weather during my drive. On the radio today, David Jeremiah was talking about faith as an action we do and a verb.

I have added a verse from 1 Thessalonians 4 about sexual purity to my Bible verse memory app. The app is really good and I have already committed about 16 verses to memory through it.

I feel as though I am preparing for a time to really be salt and light in someone else's life. Even though Im surrounded by Christians now, I may not always be. I have to be ready to explain the hope that I have.

I want to be on fire for God continually and keep feeding my hunger for Him. Sometimes I just like to get alone and seek His face. We need Him today more than ever and I want to stand in the gap and pray for my city and for America.

Beef Stew is cooking on the stove. The Lord is good to us.

Reactions: Ziggy and marks

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
That is very pretty!

I mean that sometimes I like to style my hair in curls or waves without the dreadlock texture.
@Wynona It's funny that when dreads like that are worn with shaving over the ears it might be referred to as a very "modern" style; whereas if it grows out again over the ears it would be regarded as a very "traditional" look, with those intricate dreads, right?

Last edited:
Reactions: Wynona

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Today has been good. Im very concerned about my sister's illness. Will fast tomorrow and pray for her healing.

I picked up my medicine and enjoyed the weather during my drive. On the radio today, David Jeremiah was talking about faith as an action we do and a verb.

I have added a verse from 1 Thessalonians 4 about sexual purity to my Bible verse memory app. The app is really good and I have already committed about 16 verses to memory through it.

I feel as though I am preparing for a time to really be salt and light in someone else's life. Even though Im surrounded by Christians now, I may not always be. I have to be ready to explain the hope that I have.

I want to be on fire for God continually and keep feeding my hunger for Him. Sometimes I just like to get alone and seek His face. We need Him today more than ever and I want to stand in the gap and pray for my city and for America.

Beef Stew is cooking on the stove. The Lord is good to us.
May the Word and the medicine be a help and blessing...

Reactions: Wynona

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I prefer traditional. Im not sure why.
@Wynona I was just wondering if the term "modern" or "traditionional" would best apply to that picture. (There's some shaving/cropping over the ears, but it looks very restrained and gentle and - yes - traditional still...

(But what do I know....? )

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Wynona I was just wondering if the term "modern" or "traditionional" would best apply to that picture. (There's some shaving/cropping over the ears, but it looks very restrained and gentle and - yes - traditional still...

(But what do I know....? )

I guess I prefer the full head of hair, whether it looks modern or traditional.

The shaving parts of the hair has always come off a bit uneven to me. But that's just me.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Over time, I've really changed.

It's like I can't get enough of the Lord and His Holy Spirit.

I remember when I was half-crazy and out of the will of God.

Then I decided I needed Him, had to be alone with Him, seeking Him.

I didn't know whether I expected God Almighty to show up in my closet of what. But I knew that I was desperate for Him. I needed Him. I needed to not remain the same.

Now, choice after choice, Ive purged the bad influences from my life. My friends are Godly people. I watch Godly things, and listen to Godly music. His Words surround me on all sides.

And the peace that is in me and in my home and in my marriage and in my finances and in my relationships is so complete and so comprehensive.

I never want to go back. I want to reach new heights with God, obey Him in new ways, and operate in His moves and miracles, signs, and wonders.

I want to hear His voice even more. The abundant life He promised is here for me right now. And it's more than I could have ever thought to ask.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another great day is happening that I want to acknowledge.

I am grateful to have good food to eat and that my husband is alive and well.

My sister has finally been diagnosed today and is getting treated for C. Diff, which is a type of stomach mold.

This took way to long to diagnose. I hate to see her suffering. I fasted yesterday and prayed for her healing. I still believe Jesus can heal her and save her.

I am really enjoying the forums.

Today, my husband reported a positive breakthrough that I had been praying for.