How was your day?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Wynona Seems I guessed correctly, anyhow... My wife doesn't vary her style so much, but the colour has varied quite starkly sometimes.

As regards your preference for changing to more than one style, I guess part of the versatility of dreads is that they can be worn with sideshaves, with the dreads tied up; or else with the dreads hanging down over the cropped area over the ears so that ppl don't even know that the sideshaves are there.

You must know what you prefer, but I guess that for some wearers they can still change the visible style even with dreads done.

(If you follow...)

I follow. You can still change your style a lot with dreads. You can wear them curly, or in a huge bun on top of your head, or down, or braid them.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I follow. You can still change your style a lot with dreads. You can wear them curly, or in a huge bun on top of your head, or down, or braid them.
@Wynona And, worn with dreads, the sideshaves can vary also; they can be truly shaved over the ears down to shiny skin, or else be a close crop; either way dreads can go well with them, imho.

Reactions: Wynona

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Sermon this morning was titled Jesus is in the House. It was a good service.

We have two cats that we feed now. They are outside cats and they are very friendly. The neighbour that came by was very grateful because she used to feed them and was worried but we exchanged numbers and talked on the front porch.

Reactions: GodsBeloved11

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
The Sermon this morning was titled Jesus is in the House. It was a good service.

We have two cats that we feed now. They are outside cats and they are very friendly. The neighbour that came by was very grateful because she used to feed them and was worried but we exchanged numbers and talked on the front porch.
@Wynona Glad you get along well with your neighbour; hoping you will be a means of blessing to her...

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Wynona A lot to be thankful for; my wife and I enjoyed a time of prayer and the Scriptures earlier in church.

Im glad you and your wife are having a good day.

Im thinking maybe one day I might be confident about eschatology/end times debate but right now I just don't see it.

Every time I see people very confident with complicated arguments about the last days, Im ways mystified.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Im glad you and your wife are having a good day.

Im thinking maybe one day I might be confident about eschatology/end times debate but right now I just don't see it.

Every time I see people very confident with complicated arguments about the last days, Im ways mystified.
@Wynona A key may be not just 'When?' but 'Who?". 1 Corinthians 10.32 speaks about the three groups of ppl that there are. Seen in this light, understanding future events not only in terms of 'When?' but 'Who?' can be helpful.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Wynona A key may be not just 'When?' but 'Who?". 1 Corinthians 10.32 speaks about the three groups of ppl that there are. Seen in this light, understanding future events not only in terms of 'When?' but 'Who?' can be helpful.

I think I understand. I know some people believe the rapture has already happened. But looking at terms of 'Who?' Might help clarify things like that.

Reactions: farouk

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm bald so I just shave my head anyways, no chance of dreads here :)

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Today, I got a call from my sister. I was very concerned about all the struggles she was facing. But I cried out to God and prayed and prayed till things shifted and I now have confidence that God will heal and save her.

God is trustworthy. I trust Him with this issue. She will be more than okay.

By faith, I believe in these things, and so Im full of hope.

I tried to make Hibachi Chicken again but the chicken was not fresh enough. My fault, but the veggies and fried rice came out decent.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Today, I got a call from my sister. I was very concerned about all the struggles she was facing. But I cried out to God and prayed and prayed till things shifted and I now have confidence that God will heal and save her.

God is trustworthy. I trust Him with this issue. She will be more than okay.

By faith, I believe in these things, and so Im full of hope.

I tried to make Hibachi Chicken again but the chicken was not fresh enough. My fault, but the veggies and fried rice came out decent.
@Wynona Persevering prayer is good, indeed...

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am really weak the new vaccine mandate. Americans need to resist this thing. I could hardly sleep after listening to Joe Biden's attack on unvaccinated Americans.

Reactions: dev553344 and marks

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So a good thing that is happening is that I noticed looseness in some of my clothes. I got on the scale and confirmed the loss of another pound.
The weight is finally coming off and relatively fast!

I have been pushing my eating window with intermittent fasting and not eating till noon and I also stopped eating ice cream and treats every day by not keeping them in the apartment.

God is really good. I prayed to Him about my weight and by His grace, I hope the trend continues.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
20210915_115802.jpg

Today, I had this spicy miso ramen from a local Japanese restaurant. I have heard of ramen before but we had never tried it. It was tasty and very filling!

I met a friend at the park and we had a great time and good conversation.

The park was beautiful!

20210915_131035.jpg

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
View attachment 17368

Today, I had this spicy miso ramen from a local Japanese restaurant. I have heard of ramen before but we had never tried it. It was tasty and very filling!

I met a friend at the park and we had a great time and good conversation.

The park was beautiful!

View attachment 17369
@Wynona, Tasty looking.... :)

A pity that ppl in general don't pay more attention to their spiritual diet than to their food, right? (Job made a general comment to that effect...)