How was your day?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Over time, I've really changed.

It's like I can't get enough of the Lord and His Holy Spirit.

I remember when I was half-crazy and out of the will of God.

Then I decided I needed Him, had to be alone with Him, seeking Him.

I didn't know whether I expected God Almighty to show up in my closet of what. But I knew that I was desperate for Him. I needed Him. I needed to not remain the same.

Now, choice after choice, Ive purged the bad influences from my life. My friends are Godly people. I watch Godly things, and listen to Godly music. His Words surround me on all sides.

And the peace that is in me and in my home and in my marriage and in my finances and in my relationships is so complete and so comprehensive.

I never want to go back. I want to reach new heights with God, obey Him in new ways, and operate in His moves and miracles, signs, and wonders.

I want to hear His voice even more. The abundant life He promised is here for me right now. And it's more than I could have ever thought to ask.
@Wynona John 14.27: "Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid."

Reactions: amigo de christo

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I prefer my natural hair too.

10-2.jpg
mynewhairstyles dot net

@Wynona Anyway my wife goes for this sort of cut. Or maybe a bit shorter.

Reactions: Wynona

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Today, I was still on the road in my husband's semi! My job was to help him stay awake. We had a lot of fun just coming up with things to talk about.

We always have that morbid conversation about what each would do if the other passed away. We joke about it but only because itd be so devastating.

My biggest fear is dealing with loneliness in unhealthy ways. I might have to take a break from forums and social media for a while.

Now that Ive been married for six years, Ive forgotten how Ive managed without a significant other but my strategy would be to stay busy while remaining independent. I would work a job and move into a smaller, cheaper apartment.

Reactions: marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Today, I was still on the road in my husband's semi! My job was to help him stay awake. We had a lot of fun just coming up with things to talk about.

We always have that morbid conversation about what each would do if the other passed away. We joke about it but only because itd be so devastating.

My biggest fear is dealing with loneliness in unhealthy ways. I might have to take a break from forums and social media for a while.

Now that Ive been married for six years, Ive forgotten how Ive managed without a significant other but my strategy would be to stay busy while remaining independent. I would work a job and move into a smaller, cheaper apartment.

My wife and I pray and hope to be taken together. Oh let that be!

Much love!

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Much love!

I'm assuming you mean the same moment but
Some couples die within a short time of each other in their old age naturally.

You must really not like the idea of living without one another!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The same moment would be fantastic!

No, neither of us want to remain if the other is gone. But as the Lord wills!

Much love!

Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Much love!
The coming of the LORD does draw nigh . The lambs who are still here shall be caught up at that moment to be with the glorious Lord .
We also have a massive betrayal building so many are gonna be persecuted as well .
We just never know . But one thing i do know , whether we are alive at HIS coming or already asleep , LAMBS ARE GONNA SING
to the GLORIOUS KING . YES THEY WILL . Our end is GOOD . LEt the LORD be praised .

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The coming of the LORD does draw nigh . The lambs who are still here shall be caught up at that moment to be with the glorious Lord .
We also have a massive betrayal building so many are gonna be persecuted as well .
We just never know . But one thing i do know , whether we are alive at HIS coming or already asleep , LAMBS ARE GONNA SING
to the GLORIOUS KING . YES THEY WILL . Our end is GOOD . LEt the LORD be praised .
Amen! Let us sing His praises!

I need to go do that now!

Much love!

Marvelloustime

Sep 15, 2020
Heaven bound
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
What a wonderful day that will be. The day we see the glorious Lord Jesus.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America

@Wynona There also the Rapture of the church to taken into account; when the Lord comes, being taken together, rather than having to pass through the veil of death...

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Last night, I was watching hair advice videos from ladies with similar hair to me that grew it out to waist length.

I've decided to ignore most of the advice and do it my way, which is simpler and gives me more freedom.

I don't want to not style my hair every day or wear it in braids for a month or a bun for a week. I see no point in having long hair if I can't wear it out in the styles I want.

I don't apply heat to it and am not damaging it so it is growing fine. I will ignore the hair gurus and simply go with what works for me.

Today, I got a call back from a lady at church and we are going to go to the park together on Monday. God has really blessed my efforts to have community and make friends lately.

I really feel bad for my half sister and her stomach situation. I pray Jesus heals her and she knows its Him.

I can't believe 9/11 was twenty years ago. That just seems like such a long time.

The weather has simply been wonderful and balmy lately. The park should be a lot of fun.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Last night, I was watching hair advice videos from ladies with similar hair to me that grew it out to waist length.

I've decided to ignore most of the advice and do it my way, which is simpler and gives me more freedom.

I don't want to not style my hair every day or wear it in braids for a month or a bun for a week. I see no point in having long hair if I can't wear it out in the styles I want.

I don't apply heat to it and am not damaging it so it is growing fine. I will ignore the hair gurus and simply go with what works for me.

Today, I got a call back from a lady at church and we are going to go to the park together on Monday. God has really blessed my efforts to have community and make friends lately.

I really feel bad for my half sister and her stomach situation. I pray Jesus heals her and she knows its Him.

I can't believe 9/11 was twenty years ago. That just seems like such a long time.

The weather has simply been wonderful and balmy lately. The park should be a lot of fun.

@Wynona

It's been really sunny here also; and warm...

May the Lord graciously strengthen your sister.

Good to enjoy times of fellowship face to face with Christian friends, right?

So, maybe dreads are still somewhere on the distant horizon for you? :)

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Wynona

It's been really sunny here also; and warm...

May the Lord graciously strengthen your sister.

Good to enjoy times of fellowship face to face with Christian friends, right?

So, maybe dreads are still somewhere on the distant horizon for you? :)

Thank you!
Im not so sure about the dreads though.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Thank you!
Im not so sure about the dreads though.
@Wynona I guess that your ref. to "in the styles I want" in your earlier post means that you want to keep changing them, whereas dreadlocks - though you really like them indeed - are often more of a long term commitment...

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Wynona I guess that your ref. to "in the styles I want" in your earlier post means that you want to keep changing them, whereas dreadlocks - though you really like them indeed - are often more of a long term commitment...

Yes. Exactly right!

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Yes. Exactly right!
@Wynona Seems I guessed correctly, anyhow... My wife doesn't vary her style so much, but the colour has varied quite starkly sometimes.

As regards your preference for changing to more than one style, I guess part of the versatility of dreads is that they can be worn with sideshaves, with the dreads tied up; or else with the dreads hanging down over the cropped area over the ears so that ppl don't even know that the sideshaves are there.

You must know what you prefer, but I guess that for some wearers they can still change the visible style even with dreads done.

(If you follow...)