How was your day?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am feeling really good right now. I dressed up all pretty and did my hair just to bless my husband who is exhausted from the road. I tried to tell him today how much I appreciate him.

This morning was cool and sunny, perfect for a walk and reading Scripture in the park. I did my first twist out on my hair in months and the results are in my current profile photo. It came out really nice.

My weight has fluctuated but continues on a downward trend. As vain as this sounds, I love taking photos during what they call golden hour. The light is just very beautiful.

The other day, my husband and I discussed Oneness verses the Trinity. I am trinitarian and he prefers not to specify one or the other. This went on for quite some time.

I was explaining at one point that Jesus can only be one place at once, but the Holy Ghost can be multiple places at once. I hope that was right.

Reactions: amadeus

Psalm51

Jun 23, 2021
the USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am feeling really good right now. I dressed up all pretty and did my hair just to bless my husband who is exhausted from the road. I tried to tell him today how much I appreciate him.

This morning was cool and sunny, perfect for a walk and reading Scripture in the park. I did my first twist out on my hair in months and the results are in my current profile photo. It came out really nice.

My weight has fluctuated but continues on a downward trend. As vain as this sounds, I love taking photos during what they call golden hour. The light is just very beautiful.

The other day, my husband and I discussed Oneness verses the Trinity. I am trinitarian and he prefers not to specify one or the other. This went on for quite some time.

I was explaining at one point that Jesus can only be one place at once, but the Holy Ghost can be multiple places at once. I hope that was right.

Your hair looks great! The relationship you have with your husband sounds lovely, I still remember the thread you made one time about how "masculinity isn't toxic"...the contents of your post were very insightful, we need more women like you nowadays Wynona! lol

As for my day, it was not good. I actually lost my job today, I have been really struggling and feel distant from the Lord. But through it all I will endure, I will not turn my back on God. Tomorrow is a new day and an opportunity to show God how much I love Him by repenting and filling my mind with Scripture. With every breath I take I have such opportunity, I pray in my heart I make the most of it before it is too late. After all, it is known that the Lord will come in a flash, I don't want to appear before him ashamed and unprepared.

No matter how bad my day was, this is the day that the Lord has made! I thank Him for all that is brought to my doorstep, good and bad...

Reactions: Truman

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your hair looks great! The relationship you have with your husband sounds lovely, I still remember the thread you made one time about how "masculinity isn't toxic"...the contents of your post were very insightful, we need more women like you nowadays Wynona! lol

As for my day, it was not good. I actually lost my job today, I have been really struggling and feel distant from the Lord. But through it all I will endure, I will not turn my back on God. Tomorrow is a new day and an opportunity to show God how much I love Him by repenting and filling my mind with Scripture. With every breath I take I have such opportunity, I pray in my heart I make the most of it before it is too late. After all, it is known that the Lord will come in a flash, I don't want to appear before him ashamed and unprepared.

No matter how bad my day was, this is the day that the Lord has made! I thank Him for all that is brought to my doorstep, good and bad...

Thank you so much runningwings! Im sorry you lost your job! But you are absolutely right, each day has new mercies and its always good to make sure you are right with God.

I pray you'll get an even better job as you walk closely with the Lord!

Reactions: Truman

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
My day was alright. Spent most of it on the Board. Nothing unusual. Shabbat Shalom!

Reactions: Wynona

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Today I have dropped off my husband to his truck and am waiting on my second home--- Goodwill--- to open. Goodwill is a thrift store chain, just fyi.

I need an athletic jacket for the fall weather.

I was looking at all the products at the convenient store and was wondering how it might be fun to try products and have a YouTube channel reviewing them.

But it could maybe also be a ministry channel?? Im still thinking about it. I could start off by reviewing drugstore beauty products under 10 dollars and just add Scriptures somewhere...

Just something I think about.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America

@Wynona Just saw this thread again.

John's Gospel, esp. ch.s 13 - 17, is full of Father, Son and Holy Spirit; also end of Matthew 28; Romans 8; John's First Epistle, etc. Such a glorious, Biblical doctrine! :)

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It was raining today @Pearl , you sent the rain down this way !!!lol
So I had a cleaning day indoors. Back to work on Monday, had to take a week off due to stress as everything was getting on top of me. The final straw came when the higher management decided to give a 500:00 pound bonus to the carers, seniors and nurses, the rest of us are getting nothing. After all we have been through over the last 18months and the fact that the care home would not function without the kitchen, housekeepers ( that’s what I do ) life styles, hostesses, ect ect ………..We all feel totally worthless, I was hoping the weeks break may give me a different prospectives , but it hasn’t. ……..

just feeling really down today
Rita

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
So I had a cleaning day indoors. Back to work on Monday, had to take a week off due to stress as everything was getting on top of me. The final straw came when the higher management decided to give a 500:00 pound bonus to the carers, seniors and nurses, the rest of us are getting nothing. After all we have been through over the last 18months and the fact that the care home would not function without the kitchen, housekeepers ( that’s what I do ) life styles, hostesses, ect ect ………..We all feel totally worthless, I was hoping the weeks break may give me a different prospectives , but it hasn’t. ……..

Rita
@Rita

Here's a good verse; you mentioned the weather...

"While the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease." (Genesis 8.22)

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Rita
Sounds totally unfair and you would think that everybody deserved a bonus even if it had to be a bit less than the £500. It's been warm here with some sun.

Reactions: Rita

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Rita

Wow, that definitely sounds like you're in a thankless position. I hope you feel better soon, Rita!

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So I'm second guessing the YouTube channel idea because I can't really see a female YouTuber I really relate to.

Can I be honest? It seems like the rule is to wear a lot of makeup. I don't wear very much. I enjoy beauty and lifestyle channels but my place doesn't look all chic and, modern like theirs, I don't spend hundreds of dollars on clothes and products...I tend to like cheap things that are very effective.

There's something about these women that seems very much unattainable. I am kind of earthy and love thrift stores and bargains. These women all live in L.A filming in gorgeous apartment homes, with flawless makeup, designer clothes, avocado toast diets, and no extra body fat anywhere.

But part of me feels like even if no one watched my channel, itd still be better to just be myself and not try to compete with all of that.

Ive felt slightly different my whole life. There's no way to know if my kind of personality would appeal to anyone if I were to start making videos.

I also feel like there is a dark side to being a social media influencer as well that just gets downplayed.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Raining all day here and tomorrow too.
Winter is coming soon I can feel it.
I get moody in the winter time. I know they say it's because less daylight hours and all that.
I think it's kicking in kind of early this year.
Maybe because it's 2am and I haven't slept much lately.

If I get unreasonable or overly grumpy, someone give me a swift kick in the butt.
@Heart2Soul
Hugs

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America

Hi @runningwings

Psalms_118-24.jpg
kingjamesbibleonline dot org

Like you quoted, it's a great verse from Psalm 118. :)

Sorry about your job; I hope you can find another one as you pray about it, and maybe update your skills, etc.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America

@Wynona

Good to be able to take encouragement in various ways, right? day by day. Scripture reading is so important.

My wife and I went and got our hair chopped together, over the past day. No new styles for us.

You mentioned yours; so do the teased twists that clearly took time and effort count at least broadly as being in the category of dreads?

Sometimes the effort and time taken to getting a set of firm and confident twists can feel strongly rewarding, I would guess.

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
So I'm second guessing the YouTube channel idea because I can't really see a female YouTuber I really relate to.

Can I be honest? It seems like the rule is to wear a lot of makeup. I don't wear very much. I enjoy beauty and lifestyle channels but my place doesn't look all chic and, modern like theirs, I don't spend hundreds of dollars on clothes and products...I tend to like cheap things that are very effective.

There's something about these women that seems very much unattainable. I am kind of earthy and love thrift stores and bargains. These women all live in L.A filming in gorgeous apartment homes, with flawless makeup, designer clothes, avocado toast diets, and no extra body fat anywhere.

But part of me feels like even if no one watched my channel, itd still be better to just be myself and not try to compete with all of that.

Ive felt slightly different my whole life. There's no way to know if my kind of personality would appeal to anyone if I were to start making videos.

I also feel like there is a dark side to being a social media influencer as well that just gets downplayed.
Ever considered that most women out there would rather see someone who is more human and natural - how many women have felt devalued because of not looking like the people from L.A and that kind of image. I would suspect that many would rather connect with someone they can relate to……..

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Ever considered that most women out there would rather see someone who is more human and natural - how many women have felt devalued because of not looking like the people from L.A and that kind of image. I would suspect that many would rather connect with someone they can relate to……..
@Rita I expect you hear the phrase: less is more.

My wife doesn't feel dressed if she goes out without putting on her face. But she doesn't put on a huge amount.

In that sense I guess, less is more...

A lesser amount, used judiciously, can be more effective, perhaps?

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@Rita I expect you hear the phrase: less is more.

My wife doesn't feel dressed if she goes out without putting on her face. But she doesn't put on a huge amount.

In that sense I guess, less is more...

A lesser amount, used judiciously, can be more effective, perhaps?
I don’t wear any make up, I never have really …..

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So a good thing that is happening is that I noticed looseness in some of my clothes. I got on the scale and confirmed the loss of another pound.
The weight is finally coming off and relatively fast!

I have been pushing my eating window with intermittent fasting and not eating till noon and I also stopped eating ice cream and treats every day by not keeping them in the apartment.

God is really good. I prayed to Him about my weight and by His grace, I hope the trend continues.
Yeah I have a weight problem from taking psych meds and am losing weight by walking the hills daily. Thank goodness. I'm trying kind of an intermittent fasting but it's not going well. Good to hear it's working for you :)

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
View attachment 17368

Today, I had this spicy miso ramen from a local Japanese restaurant. I have heard of ramen before but we had never tried it. It was tasty and very filling!

I met a friend at the park and we had a great time and good conversation.

The park was beautiful!

View attachment 17369
Have you tried Pho'. It's a Vietnamese dish that is super good tasting. If you haven't tried it you might enjoy it.