How was your day?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
After a heatwave and a long dry spell we have had some very welcome prolonged rain this afternoon. We need more rain as there is severe drought in some areas of the UK. But the morning was warm and sunny I managed to do little tidying in my garden. we are getting lots of young birds on the feeders on our front, from tiny long-tailed tits to wood pigeons and magpies. It is comical to watch them become accustomed to the feeders and bushes.

shortangel

Aug 23, 2020
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yayyyyyyy the U.K. got rain :) my day was good got the wooden cross put up that i got from the dollar store, i put gold letter stickers & it says Jesus on it & i put it on my wall, i didn't get a walk in today it's been in the 90's here, put away clean clothes, did some housework,

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Killed 2 snakes in the barn. Extended part of the goats outside shelter.
Had a very heavy wind, thunder, lightening rain storm this evening. Sorely needed the rain.

Praise God,
Taken

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was feeling OK yesterday so I went and visited with family. It was a nice trip. We actually got some rain a few days ago. But not much and it's been a while. Hopefully we get some more rain soon. It's almost the end of August, thank goodness. The heat spell will be over soon :joyful:

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I was feeling OK yesterday so I went and visited with family. It was a nice trip. We actually got some rain a few days ago. But not much and it's been a while. Hopefully we get some more rain soon. It's almost the end of August, thank goodness. The heat spell will be over soon :joyful:
I don't know how people stand the heat for long periods. It was bad enough here the other week with a few days in the top 20s and low 30s.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It's been warm here today but with some seriously dark clouds. Our groceries were delivered and later we sat outside for a long time with our coffee and watched the world go by.

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know how people stand the heat for long periods. It was bad enough here the other week with a few days in the top 20s and low 30s.
Yeah, I moved to southern California for about a decade and I'll tell you that without air conditioning it was terrible. I went thru temperature shock for a while until my body adjusted to it. But a short time later I began to enjoy my time there. I miss the good times I had, but living in Washington state is pleasant most of the time and I enjoy the cool air against my head. I had a chronic migraine problem that eased up quite a bit and now just have mild headaches. And the cool air really feels good.

It's a little warm right now, but not for long.

Reactions: Wynona and Pearl

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah, I moved to southern California for about a decade and I'll tell you that without air conditioning it was terrible. I went thru temperature shock for a while until my body adjusted to it. But a short time later I began to enjoy my time there. I miss the good times I had, but living in Washington state is pleasant most of the time and I enjoy the cool air against my head. I had a chronic migraine problem that eased up quite a bit and now just have mild headaches. And the cool air really feels good.

It's a little warm right now, but not for long.

Is it overcast and raining a lot in Washington State? I'm not sure Id handle that well.

I need to be out in the funshine.

Reactions: dev553344 and Nancy

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is it overcast and raining a lot in Washington State? I'm not sure Id handle that well.

I need to be out in the funshine.
Yes it has much rain. Lots of green nature here. We have evergreen trees and grass fields. We also have lots of rivers and water bodies. It can be a real blessing. I grew up fishing and crabbing. Which are really fun to eat.
shutterstock-669412093.jpg

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes it has much rain. Lots of green nature here. We have evergreen trees and grass fields. We also have lots of rivers and water bodies. It can be a real blessing. I grew up fishing and crabbing. Which are really fun to eat.
shutterstock-669412093.jpg
That's beautiful. I love fishing. Have never gone crabbing but I know how to clean and cook fish. I wonder if there are catfish in Washington state.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's beautiful. I love fishing. Have never gone crabbing but I know how to clean and cook fish. I wonder if there are catfish in Washington state.
No catfish where I've been. I had to look that one up. Apparently we have channel catfish in some areas. I remember the first time I had catfish was in North Carolina when I was in the military.

Where I live it's salmon and trout. Both really delicious when cooked right. I used to make a BBQ salmon roast using BBQ sauce mixed with garlic, butter and bacon fat.

Reactions: Wynona

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No catfish where I've been. I had to look that one up. Apparently we have channel catfish in some areas. I remember the first time I had catfish was in North Carolina when I was in the military.

Where I live it's salmon and trout. Both really delicious when cooked right. I used to make a BBQ salmon roast using BBQ sauce mixed with garlic, butter and bacon fat.

That sounds delicious. I bet fresh salmon is amazing. I usually have canned salmon. Nothing beats fresh fish for me.

I like to either fry mine or use butter, lemon, salt, pepper, and Old Bay.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That sounds delicious. I bet fresh salmon is amazing. I usually have canned salmon. Nothing beats fresh fish for me.

I like to either fry mine or use butter, lemon, salt, pepper, and Old Bay.
Yes fresh salmon on a hot BBQ is super good. And the best trout I've ever had was oil and salt fried.

Reactions: Wynona

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I had a pretty good day. Still a little ill, but not bad. I ate some popcorn and watched a movie. Surfed the internet. Went for walks. It was a relatively cool day out.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm enjoying my conversations with hubby as he drives the truck. When we discuss the Scriptures and how to apply them, God begins to deal with my heart. It really is wonderful.

I had a salad from subway and some canned chicken noodle soup for dinner. They were both really tasty. The salad had a rasberry dressing with it and rotisserie chicken.

It was good to me, since I ate fried wings at the truck stop yesterday.

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
O`nowhere you have to know
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I went for my group walk today, it's from a program where people with mental health challenges meet up and go for a walk in the park or something. I will have a bbq in the park on Friday. I hope I meet a lady who was very nice to me prior to the pandemic at this place where we went to when we started to be friends and then parted for a while now, she comes to a lot of activities so I think she'd be there. I hope she would still want to be friends with me and we're good to be friends together. I hope I have fun at the bbq. there will be activities to do. Not that I'd be eating bbq food all the time but I haven't gone to one for a long time!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Had a good day yesterday. I was kinda hot. I'm noticing I have a tendency to snap at people that try to correct me on this forum. With my mental illness it is difficult to interact. And I'm starting to notice that I am different in some aspects of interaction. But oh well. I think I saw a post on people with dementia and the last thing you want to do is correct them, they get snappy. Maybe it's a problem I share with dementia patients. I have got better over the years though. I'll try to keep it under control.

I visited with my father and he is starting to show his age. I'm noticing his mental faculties are not the same as they once were. He's always been really sharp and quick. And now he is making a lot of mental mistakes. It worries me.

In one of my threads that discusses the difference between Catholics and Protestants, someone pointed out that the woman who gave birth was given wings of a great eagle to escape into the wilderness and away from the dragon. And for some reason that really made me feel good. I feel I get persecuted by Satan a lot and it can be overwhelming. And I can't really discern how much is Satan and how much is my mental illness. It makes it difficult.

Today I'm going to focus on a physics problem that has stumped me for years now. But somehow I doubt I'm going to solve it. I was able to solve one problem that stumped me for several years. So that was encouraging.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think I received an answer to a vision I received around in 2015. Since then it somewhat confused me. But I think today I received an answer and how it related to my circumstances. I am starting to find out that sometimes I don't receive answers for many years after a dream or vision. And I'm so inpatient that I miss interpret things immediately. My nature is impatient.

But today I got peace and understanding and the vision gives me hope.