How was your day?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
glad you did that, my day was good, did my first orgami project whinch was a bill holder made for both my parents, did 1 walk today it has been very hot here so haven't been able to do 2 walks, watched DVD's & T.V. saw some hawks flying kind of low today,

You are precious and sweet.

Reactions: Wynona

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good for you sister. I am a plus size woman. So I did a research study on how to dress to complement my larger size. There are several on the internet.

I am a minimalist also. So out went the old ,in came the new. I only spent about 300 $ . I replaced everything from under to outer. I like comfort also.

Currently I am mid-sized. But I love plus size fashion bloggers. A $300 wardrobe sounds great.

I get all my clothes from thrift stores and consignment. I'm not a minimalist but I try to stay with a strict budget even for thrifting.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Currently I am mid-sized. But I love plus size fashion bloggers. A $300 wardrobe sounds great.

I get all my clothes from thrift stores and consignment. I'm not a minimalist but I try to stay with a strict budget even for thrifting.

Our thrifts have gotten more expensive than ordering online.
If it isnt right, I just send it back.
That was summer, winter and sleep wear.+ shoes lol.
I'm am on a disability budget and live with my daughter and SIL.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That would be fun to watch:watching and waiting:. I remember going to my various doctors. And noticing some people in PJ's.

I see them everywhere also but its considered not to be proper dress etiquette..........lol

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you so much, Lamb!! I can tell we have a lot in common. I think I read somewhere you used to be a member of a Church of God?

That's the kind of church hubby and I attend.

Yes.
In it I truly learned much about God and all he is. I am so thankful to have started there on my journey.

Back 46 yrs ago they were much stricter in their dress and worldly entertainment ideas. They focused on what ppl are not allowed to do per their interpertation of the worldly involvements.

They do not stress such these days. It was a small church and everyone was like family. We all knew one another. However now the churches are mega and too tolerant and allow the world entertainment means in. Televised sermons has replaced prayer meeting, the music is comparable to an orchestra.

6 Flags was not sin, neither was going to the movies,cutting your hair, wearing make-up nor pants.
It is the rejection of the word and our obedience to its commands that is wordly.

I do miss the fellowship, love and the word we shared. As I said small 45- maybe a 100 ppl.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes.
In it I truly learned much about God and all he is. I am so thankful to have started there on my journey.

Back 46 yrs ago they were much stricter in their dress and worldly entertainment ideas. They focused on what ppl are not allowed to do per their interpertation of the worldly involvements.

They do not stress such these days. It was a small church and everyone was like family. We all knew one another. However now the churches are mega and too tolerant and allow the world entertainment means in. Televised sermons has replaced prayer meeting, the music is comparable to an orchestra.

6 Flags was not sin, neither was going to the movies,cutting your hair, wearing make-up nor pants.
It is the rejection of the word and our obedience to its commands that is wordly.

I do miss the fellowship, love and the word we shared. As I said small 45- maybe a 100 ppl.

I know what you mean. Many Church of God's have compromised and gone too far in the other direction. We are not too attached to the denomination as a whole but we love our pastor and his wife and feel they hold up a good standard.

Our pastor doesn't enforce dress codes or entertainment codes but he does preach living by God's Word. I love it. And I love that its a small church with a family atmosphere. But I believe many churches in the denomination have compromised and our pastor is one of the few left who is keeping a good standard.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know what you mean. Many Church of God's have compromised and gone too far in the other direction. We are not too attached to the denomination as a whole but we love our pastor and his wife and feel they hold up a good standard.

Our pastor doesn't enforce dress codes or entertainment codes but he does preach living by God's Word. I love it. And I love that its a small church with a family atmosphere. But I believe many churches in the denomination have compromised and our pastor is one of the few left who is keeping a good standard.

Praises to Jesus.
I pray it will stay that way.

We used to sell donuts door2door to raise money for the teens to have feild trips. Babeque & chichen dinner cooked by our ladies to pay our bills. Womens prayer meetings every week, visit services for shut in members. It was family.
Revials, dinner on the ground, singings, & homecomings, I do miss that !

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Praises to Jesus.
I pray it will stay that way.

We used to sell donuts door2door to raise money for the teens to have feild trips. Babeque & chichen dinner cooked by our ladies to pay our bills. Womens prayer meetings every week, visit services for shut in members. It was family.
Revials, dinner on the ground, singings, & homecomings, I do miss that !
But sadly now most churches are overlooking sin and errors for the sake of unity . Its a unity that will not be able to save them .
They are preaching a love that accepts sins and other paths , and that Love will not save nor spare them from the wrath of GOD .
The lambs must stick together and stay in our bibles and be learning and growing in the things of our LORD .
cause way too many are trying to do all to find COMMON ground , UNITY , false fellowship . I fear for their souls .
And out of love i must expose and stand against the hellish nightmare of a false love that is drowning many in deception .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The only LOVE that is true and is of GOD would point folks to JESUS CHRIST and all that HE did teach
It would correct for it desires not the death of the peoples . And its high time the true lambs stand as one
and contend and defend for the true faith that many no longer know nor teach . YET IT IS the ONLY FAITH that saves .
Learn those bibles well . EVEN if you have already read it a thousand times , YOU KEEP on reading it and stay glued in it .
Cause a nightmare of a delusion which preaches a false love , a false unity , a false freedom , a false kind of tolerance
which has led to the acceptance of sins and not to the repentance from said sins . ITS a true nightmare of a delusion i call
the deluison of the all inclusion . And though it does speak of doing good works , HEED IT NOT , cause it embraces sin
and the idea that all paths lead to GOD . WHEN IN TRUTH THERE IS but ONE WAY UNTO GOD and THIS IS IN THE SON . WE must
not let their false sensual love of this world strip us of our TRUE LOVE which would correct and point to CHRIST .

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But sadly now most churches are overlooking sin and errors for the sake of unity . Its a unity that will not be able to save them .
They are preaching a love that accepts sins and other paths , and that Love will not save nor spare them from the wrath of GOD .
The lambs must stick together and stay in our bibles and be learning and growing in the things of our LORD .
cause way too many are trying to do all to find COMMON ground , UNITY , false fellowship . I fear for their souls .
And out of love i must expose and stand against the hellish nightmare of a false love that is drowning many in deception .

I admire your stance but personally I'm tired and disgusted with the bikering, judgments passed back and forth like a tennis match.

I , myself can only stand warning so much b4 I want to get fleshy & knock some heads.

You are in my prayers. God has your back always.FB_IMG_1661784516532.jpg FB_IMG_1661785512314.jpg

Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I admire your stance but personally I'm tired and disgusted with the bikering, judgments passed back and forth like a tennis match.

I , myself can only stand warning so much b4 I want to get fleshy & knock some heads.

You are in my prayers. God has your back always.View attachment 25538 View attachment 25537
Ever wonder why paul once wrote , IF after the first or second admonition , to reject such a one .
Cause to continually go rounds with them will wear you out .
ITS why i move in quick and i leave quick too . YES they must be warned against
but when they keep on rattling their own denonminations errenous teachings , WELL that is on them . MOVE ON
Its also time for the lambs to focus on building one another up . And by lambs i mean those who truly desire the things of Christ .
We dont get unequally yoked with those who refuse repentance .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You are in my prayers. God has your back always.View attachment 25538 View attachment 25537
That is exactly what has happened too dear sister .
Someone came up with the idea to basically let the children become their own gods and whatever makes YA HAPPY
whatever YA what , YA DO IT . I heard one lady telling her daughter its okay to be fat , IF that is what YOU want .
TALK about a delusion . the last time i checked poor diet AINT what is best for the child .
BUT then when we allow the children to focus ON SELF SELF SELF , you create a person who SEES itself as GOD
THEY can do no wrong . IF IT MAKES ME HAPPY , DO IT . THAT IS serving the god of self and its a death trap.
And the church has fallen for it too . OH dont correct , oh dont judge , OH dont .............
they created the most narcisscist nation ever and church ever . SOUNDS LIKE satan aint been sleeping at all .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now , let all that has breath both praise and thank the glorious LORD . Clinging to the promises of Christ .
Let all endure faithful unto the end . Always remembering the GLORIOUS HOME that awaits us at our end .
FOREVER with the ONE WHO SAVED US . JESUS CHRIST the GLORY OF GOD , THE ONLY NAME whereby one may be saved .
Be hearers and doers of all things HE did teach . ALways flee all appearance of evil , CLING to that which is GOOD
and flee that which is evil . Learning the one true CHRIST and HIS DOCTRINE WELL .
Now let all praise the glorious LORD .

Reactions: Marvelloustime