How was your day?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Today I was trying on this restricting shapewear and an inner voice said, "You don't need this."

I am not against any woman who wears shapewear. I just knew in that moment that I wanted to be comfortable and that I never wanted to think negative thoughts about my body and how it looks again.

When I was skinny, I wanted to be curvy and vice versa. How silly. Never again. As long as Im eating healthy and taking good care of myself, I will never think those shallow negative thoughts again.

shortangel

Aug 23, 2020
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
glad you did that, my day was good, did my first orgami project whinch was a bill holder made for both my parents, did 1 walk today it has been very hot here so haven't been able to do 2 walks, watched DVD's & T.V. saw some hawks flying kind of low today,

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, my barbecue was cancelled and rescheduled into September. I'm glad it will be cooler then but I actually went to the place and a guy who works at the agency said it was cancelled, but I went for my group walk. :( :)
A group walk sounds amazing. I'd love that.

Reactions: shortangel

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm at a barber shop waiting for my husband's hair to get cut. I can hear his conversation with the lady cutting his hair.

How can I describe my husband? He's very open and he mentions me often. He has a soft heart. He's talking to her about how much he hates being on the road away from home so much.

I feel bad. We both want him to get a job where he can be home more often. Maybe now that were moving to a cheaper place, an opportunity for an easier job will come up.

But I also feel a sense of protectiveness. Despite his gruff appearance, his heart is so big and soft.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I had a relatively good day yesterday aside from some health problems. Gotta keep thinking positive and I have been blessed by God. So I'm happy and content.

I was looking into my physics problem and brought back an older idea that I passed up. I kinda think it might be correct but might not be. So today I will toss the idea around a little.

I'm still looking for a good church. And after reading the thread from @WalterandDebbie on breaking bread (Breaking Of Bread) I think the problem I'm encountering is that Christ's church just doesn't exist anymore in the way it was established. Members selling their possession and giving to the poor that everyone in the church's needs are met. The leaders being followed by signs and wonders. And yet I have seen healing performed in church before, so there's that.

And I think because of society today and the governments and the taxes that must be collected to protect the people and thus the church, there is not going to be a church that follows the original design set forth by Jesus. And so I need to just see which one follows it the closest and be happy.

I've learned a lot about the scriptures since I've been part of Christian Forums, which has been about 5 years maybe. So I think forums can be a positive experience. But I don't want to get started on that :Oh no:

Well that's where I'm at today. I guess I'm after that darn slippery butterfly :pursuit:

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I had a relatively good day yesterday aside from some health problems. Gotta keep thinking positive and I have been blessed by God. So I'm happy and content.

I was looking into my physics problem and brought back an older idea that I passed up. I kinda think it might be correct but might not be. So today I will toss the idea around a little.

I'm still looking for a good church. And after reading the thread from @WalterandDebbie on breaking bread (Breaking Of Bread) I think the problem I'm encountering is that Christ's church just doesn't exist anymore in the way it was established. Members selling their possession and giving to the poor that everyone in the church's needs are met. The leaders being followed by signs and wonders. And yet I have seen healing performed in church before, so there's that.

And I think because of society today and the governments and the taxes that must be collected to protect the people and thus the church, there is not going to be a church that follows the original design set forth by Jesus. And so I need to just see which one follows it the closest and be happy.

I've learned a lot about the scriptures since I've been part of Christian Forums, which has been about 5 years maybe. So I think forums can be a positive experience. But I don't want to get started on that :Oh no:

Well that's where I'm at today. I guess I'm after that darn slippery butterfly :pursuit:

It took us about two years to find a good church. You are right, none of them follow the Bible exactly that I know of. But I pray youll find one thats close.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It took us about two years to find a good church. You are right, none of them follow the Bible exactly that I know of. But I pray youll find one thats close.
Thanks Wynona! I know these are personal journeys that we must decide for ourselves. It's nice to live in a free land, where religious liberty is respected so I can make that decision without being persecuted for it. Although I think we've lost a little freedom in that respect due to recent government control of the population. :(

Anyways. I'm glad you found a church and it sounds like it's working for you, if I understand some of your uplifting posts on that subject.

I'm probably going to work on physics today. I took about a week off to rest. I've spent about 7 years on the physics studies and often spent 12 hour days on that project. But I think I got some rest and can spend some time on it again.

I hope all is well for you and I look forward to hearing from you :)

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Me not finding the right church for 10 years in a row:

558a47a7-82e9-4151-bd28-bc767326d804

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It was hard to be honest but I think God has called me to pursue Him where I am as I am. I wanted a big task but am I being faithful in what He's called me to thus far? Am I looking well to the ways of my household? Are there ways to grow even in total obscurity?

Of course there is.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's been a hectic day but I'm a bit sad. All the church activity I did was tiring but I felt closest to God when I prayed to Him this morning by myself.

I love our church and the two choir practices were fine. But they snagged me to set up refreshments during the altar call so I didnt get to go up for prayer. I feel tired and drained. I was trying to focus on the Lord in all that but by now I feel tired and stressed.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's been a hectic day but I'm a bit sad. All the church activity I did was tiring but I felt closest to God when I prayed to Him this morning by myself.

I love our church and the two choir practices were fine. But they snagged me to set up refreshments during the altar call so I didnt get to go up for prayer. I feel tired and drained. I was trying to focus on the Lord in all that but by now I feel tired and stressed.
Good to hear from you Wynona. I hope you get some rest and feel refreshed. Praying for that :pray:

Reactions: Wynona

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good to hear from you Wynona. I hope you get some rest and feel refreshed. Praying for that :pray:

I serve in at least four different roles at my church. It might appear petty to ask to be off the welcome team but I need to start cutting back somehow.

There are three services a week, I sing in two of them, and have three praise team practices a week. Tack on the welcome team, vp of women's comittee, and women's bible study leader, and it just becomes a lot.

Thank you for your prayers. I need them.

shortangel

Aug 23, 2020
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
no i don't meet with other Christians in my area of OR, i used to though when i was in my former church went to a bible study group, but i don't go to that church now because mom & dad felt uncomfortable there, that's why i come here for fellowship & discussions

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I serve in at least four different roles at my church. It might appear petty to ask to be off the welcome team but I need to start cutting back somehow.

There are three services a week, I sing in two of them, and have three praise team practices a week. Tack on the welcome team, vp of women's comittee, and women's bible study leader, and it just becomes a lot.

Thank you for your prayers. I need them.
Yeah that is a lot of service.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Today I was trying on this restricting shapewear and an inner voice said, "You don't need this."

I am not against any woman who wears shapewear. I just knew in that moment that I wanted to be comfortable and that I never wanted to think negative thoughts about my body and how it looks again.

When I was skinny, I wanted to be curvy and vice versa. How silly. Never again. As long as Im eating healthy and taking good care of myself, I will never think those shallow negative thoughts again.

Good for you sister. I am a plus size woman. So I did a research study on how to dress to complement my larger size. There are several on the internet.

I am a minimalist also. So out went the old ,in came the new. I only spent about 300 $ . I replaced everything from under to outer. I like comfort also.