How was your day?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Had a good day. Took care of things. Am relaxing with my favorite Chocolate Rooibos tea, journal, Chillhop live radio, and no lit candle because the wicks are too far down for me to comfortably get to. I could use a long lighter.

I got a small scrapbook for when I want to fit creative stuff onto a small long rectangle. It might turn out really cute. It was a dollar at Goodwill.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Feeling sad. But you know the people who are clearly shamelessly crying for attention on Facebook? Maybe we should give them some.

Everyone wants to feel important and like they matter so Im no longer going to judge the ones that clearly want that.

Reactions: shortangel

Marvelloustime

Sep 15, 2020
Heaven bound
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Candle lit bible reads sound so peaceful . Almost like the meetings would have been way back in the days of paul
and later onwards . It just seems peaceful . But then reading the bible is always joyous and good for the soul .
@amigo de christo Brother is spotted. Praise the glorious Lord.

Marvelloustime

Sep 15, 2020
Heaven bound
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Feeling sad. But you know the people who are clearly shamelessly crying for attention on Facebook? Maybe we should give them some.

Everyone wants to feel important and like they matter so Im no longer going to judge the ones that clearly want that.
You are dearly loved sister. Onwards we go in the glorious Lord.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Heard news from my only grandson last night and this morning.

He was self medicating like his dad and became an addict like his dad. Im so thankful my son received Christ before he passed, 8 yrs ago this Nov.

My GS has been in rehab, so please pray for him. He has a momma / stepdad, 1 sister by his dad, another grandmother 1 Aunt and cousin but none will take him in......I understand. I had to estrange myself from him in tough love, I seemed to be enabling him with money & a place to live.

I now live with my daughter who is his only Aunt on his dad's side. He is working now. He has to pay the rehab for rm / board.

Help me pray he stays clean / sober and the Lord will help him,not only receive Jesus but in all things !

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Rather odd that GOD took that away from me . I used to want to FEEL important ,but ever since the grace of GOD
appeared and as i learned the bible , IT SEEMS i care not what folks think about me , BUT rather LET GOD get all the glory .
And that souls be saved . Focusing on self IS BAD NEWS . Focusing ON GOD and on CHRIST is GOOD NEWS .

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Heard news from my only grandson last night and this morning.

He was self medicating like his dad and became an addict like his dad. Im so thankful my son received Christ before he passed, 8 yrs ago this Nov.

My GS has been in rehab, so please pray for him. He has a momma / stepdad, 1 sister by his dad, another grandmother 1 Aunt and cousin but none will take him in......I understand. I had to estrange myself from him in tough love, I seemed to be enabling him with money & a place to live.

I now live with my daughter who is his only Aunt on his dad's side. He is working now. He has to pay the rehab for rm / board.

Help me pray he stays clean / sober and the Lord will help him,not only receive Jesus but in all things !

Praying right now.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Today, I told our church pastor and his wife we were taking a break to decide whether to continue attending or not. In two weeks, we will talk with them on our decision. It's not easy leaving a church so small that Ive been so active in. But we are looking for a "house church" instead of a traditional denominational church.

I found some local ones and have reached out today.

I also picked up over 20 cardboard boxes of a nice size for free from a craigslist ad.

I may do a zoom bible study this evening.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does it have scripture for the day on each page ?

I had on that did yrs ago.

I am so non- compliant on doing journaling every day....lol I'm non- compliant on a lot of things........
Except God and his Word !

No. It is like a regular Bible with note lines on the side.

Reactions: shortangel

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So I have started planning what recipes Ill be using for Christmas Dinner. This year, I want a solid presentation and enough food for my guests to take home.

This year for dinner I'll be attempting a Brown Sugar Glazed Ham, Spinach mushroom stuffed beef, roasted potatoes, and white pecan coconut white chocolate Christmas cake.

I'm wondering if you can rent a table and chairs.

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
O`nowhere you have to know
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I went for my group walk on Wednesday and today I walked in my neighborhood down the trail with my mom. On Monday it was raining so I couldn't go to the Women's exercise group. Tomorrow I'll be going out for a bit just to get something to eat for lunch. And I will eat eggs with tomato on rye bread for breakfast. :)

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've got my hands full just learning the Scriptures and making sure I'm working out my salvation with fear and trembling.

No more mickey mouse faith. I want to go after God with everything I have every day.

There are so many distractions and obstacles and reasons to be lukewarm. But I want to give the Lord 100 % and set my mind on things of the Spirit.