How was your day?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yesterday was one of those days when things just... didn't want to go right. My personal laptop got a virus and that took some not-free tech support to fix. Some test equipment at work got balky, running the self-calibration routines just made it worse, and the manufacturer's tech support was already off for Thanksgiving. Another computer needed a BIOS update and BIOS didn't want to update. Blankety-blank computers! :mad:

Plus, there's some things in my life that I think God wants me to change and change ain't always easy.

So, I posted a few Psalms of praise and thanksgiving in Farouk's "Favorite Psalms" thread and I feel better.

Reactions: dev553344

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Now that Ive sat for a minute, I feel very stressed and trapped by that stress. Bad habits are calling my name and Im worried about my husband's all nighters and stress level as well .

Its time to talk to the Lord like never before.
Hi @Wynona, I think you may be trying too hard to be what you think God wants you to be. You just need to let go and let God.

Psalm 46:10
He says, “Be still, and know that I am God;"

You also need the peace that transcends understanding and to have that you need to give your anxieties to God. xxx

Philippians 4:6
Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wynona and Lambano

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This thanksgiving morning has been unhurried and full of good conversation. Hubby made lamb chops with pesto veggies. We did listening prayer together and just chatted afterwards.

It really put my mind at ease. Ive decided that having a perfectly clean and orderly space will take a back seat to just enjoying things for a while.

I feel like I've been so focused on improving life that I forget to enjoy it sometimes. The chores will get done. But treasuring these slow mornings with my husband is more the spice of life, you know?

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just got back from Thanksgiving dinner with the family. Great times and I can feel God's love in it all. I brought back some pumpkin pie to eat. So now it's movies and pie!

Reactions: Lambano and Wynona

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My day has been good. We went out on black friday and hubby got a new game system.

We had Hibachi and I passed out asleep. Then I read some of a book challenging feminism.

It's been a lovely break. I love laid back days.
Cool, if I can ask what game system and what games. I was really into World of Warcraft a while back. I used to play with my nephews who lived in Washington when I lived in California. It was a great way to still connect over long distance.

• Wow
Reactions: shortangel

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cool, if I can ask what game system and what games. I was really into World of Warcraft a while back. I used to play with my nephews who lived in Washington when I lived in California. It was a great way to still connect over long distance.
He found the last Playstation 5 at the local gamestop. They were gone at Walmart. I told him to go for it. It came with God of War:Ragnorak and he can play PS4 games like Spiderman: Miles Morales and Yakuza on it. He also loves World of Warcraft and played it a lot a while back.

shortangel

Aug 23, 2020
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
my days have been in bed & resting i have had a bad cold & that's why i have not been on here, i hope everybody's Thanksgiving Day was good, we had a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner, i can't wait to get ready for Christmas & to celebrate Jesus Birthday

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My heart is Full of humble Thanksgiving in realizing What an awesome God I serve.

In EVERYTHING we are to give thanks unto the God who GIVETH and who TAKETH AWAY!

My heart is full of peace and my soul's at rest in God.

May our eyes NEVER lust after the poor binding elements of this world, but ever look to the LORD who can and does for those that seek his face!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He found the last Playstation 5 at the local gamestop. They were gone at Walmart. I told him to go for it. It came with God of War:Ragnorak and he can play PS4 games like Spiderman: Miles Morales and Yakuza on it. He also loves World of Warcraft and played it a lot a while back.
My Nephews all play Call of Duty. They are big into it. And you can play with people all over the internet. I still have World of Warcraft. But haven't really been able to get into video games in a while now.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My Nephews all play Call of Duty. They are big into it. And you can play with people all over the internet. I still have World of Warcraft. But haven't really been able to get into video games in a while now.
I tried to play Call of Duty once. I never got a chance to get any good because my younger cousin kept shooting me dead in the game in seconds.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Today was a breathe-deeply-and-feel-the-sun sort of day so far. Im making omelettes for lunch and burritos for dinner. But right now Im pampering and deep conditioning my hair. Its like regular conditioning except I just leave it in with a plastic bag over my head.

My husband is playing a game called The Last of Us 2. It's not the worst background noise Ive ever endured but Im not a fan of the main girl's dialogue.

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Today was a breathe-deeply-and-feel-the-sun sort of day so far. Im making omelettes for lunch and burritos for dinner. But right now Im pampering and deep conditioning my hair. Its like regular conditioning except I just leave it in with a plastic bag over my head.

My husband is playing a game called The Last of Us 2. It's not the worst background noise Ive ever endured but Im not a fan of the main girl's dialogue.
My neighbor got a base system and kept playing Mexican Fiesta music really loud. Gave me a headache a few times. He since quieted down.

Reactions: Wynona

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My kitchen is quite messy but Ive prepped meals for my husband's work week on the truck. I made a pork pot roast and that will be ready soon to be packed away. I also made veal meatballs and pesto pasta. Yesterday, I made fresh hummus from scratch so that's another tasty treat.

Reactions: dev553344 and Pearl