How was your day?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
My kitchen is quite messy but Ive prepped meals for my husband's work week on the truck. I made a pork pot roast and that will be ready soon to be packed away. I also made veal meatballs and pesto pasta. Yesterday, I made fresh hummus from scratch so that's another tasty treat.
Well done @Wynona - my kitchen is often messy and I don't even cook much anymore.

Reactions: Wynona

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I got sick of watching football, so I took the bike out for a ride. 70 degrees in late November! But what’s this coming down the old country road at me? Two fools on motorcycles doing wheelies at 45 MPH with automobile traffic right behind them. That was a jaw-dropper.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I got sick of watching football, so I took the bike out for a ride. 70 degrees in late November! But what’s this coming down the old country road at me? Two fools on motorcycles doing wheelies at 45 MPH with automobile traffic right behind them. That was a jaw-dropper.
I used to do wheelies on my motorcross bike in the woods, but wouldn't try it on pavement with a street bike. Not real safe huh?

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just found a single short white hair near the front if my head. Im only 27 and early graying isn't a thing in my family. I think its from stress, honestly. Im trying to relax more.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
my day was great, still trying to get over this cold, listened to Christmas music on the Christian station, took a little nap, watched DVD's & T.V.
The (secular) radio station my wife listens to has been playing Christmas music off-and-on since Halloween. It'll be full time starting next week. o_O

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My day has started off in a bit of a slag.
I was sick yesterday and last night with stomache ailments. Today it's been a carry over of the pain but not the nausea.

Today I'm a bit weak and out of focus,if you know what I mean.

However God is good and is with those that seek him. I am blessed!

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No intermittent fasting today. I decided to be easy on myself and eat leftovers for breakfast.

I'm trying to get out of the habit of constantly pushing myself to improve life. Everybody needs sabbath time. Jesus always reminds me of Mary sitting at his feet. One thing is needed. My most important work is to get into God's presence and take refuge there.

Sure, running around trying to always stay on top of things makes me feel a sense of importance. But I quickly burn out that way.

Jesus is the true treasure. I will follow his gentle lead.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We set up the Christmas tree this weekend. Some of the ornaments have stories behind them. The tiny wooden toys; rocking horses and trains and airplanes and such, my wife picked those out for our first Christmas in that little quad down in Florida. The light-up ball depicting the Wise Men entering Bethlehem, my grandparents (long gone) gave us that. The tiny two-inch needle-point of a candle, my mom (also long gone) stitched and stretched that by hand. Also made by hand are a couple of bead embroideries that turn some plain store-bought glass spheres into works of art; my ex sister-in-law made those. Such a dear, sweet, talented lady; even though she's no longer officially part of the family, we still keep in touch with her. The Thomas Kinkade keepsake ornament given to us by my ex daughter-in-law; I know why she is no longer part of the family, but the beauty of the ornament reminds me that He whose birthday we celebrate instructed us to forgive one another as we have been forgiven. Many ornaments, some store-bought, some made by hand, given to the Sweet Lady by the parents of the children she taught, both in public school and then in that Montessori school that was really glorified day-care. She loved those kids, even the little stinkers, and they loved her. Surely they've grown up to have children and maybe even grandchildren of their own? Hanging on this side of the tree is a tiny stuffed pillow with the word "Love" stitched on it; up there is a tiny stuffed bear with angel wings. These were given with love to my wife by the UMW ladies at our church the year she was going through chemo, a time that changed her life and her faith forever.

Sigh. So many memories.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Life has been better this day as apparently I am recovery from whatever stomach issues I've had since Friday.

@Wynona a little advice to bring you peace. In my younger years I was so organized and obsessed with having all prepared all sterile ( lol ), my babies even got multiple baths daily. Take every day with Jesus first and do not be aware of the length of time you spend with him. ( unless of course you have appts.) Things in life are unimportant to our love of God, our love for our family, each other, our neighbor ect. He wants our rest and peace on him. We do not know if this may be our last day to praise. ((((( HUGS)))))

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I feel a bit rough today as my nasty cough has flared up again and I spent last night on the sofa. My Doctor had given me some antibiotics as a standby and I started to take them on Sunday. I feel a little better but tired and weak from the constant coughing. But I am counting my blessings and know that God is still around.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I feel a bit rough today as my nasty cough has flared up again and I spent last night on the sofa. My Doctor had given me some antibiotics as a standby and I started to take them on Sunday. I feel a little better but tired and weak from the constant coughing. But I am counting my blessings and know that God is still around.

I know how you feel.
May the Lord touch you.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Remember all who hold the TRUTH, never let go of God......man can be damned by his / her own choice but give glory to God!

We are dust, a vapour, a flower that fadeth, here today gone tomorrow.

Remember me in your prayers as you will be upheld in mine.

Love in Christ, our LORD and Savior.........LaWhanaFB_IMG_1669646906349~2.jpg

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm having a good day. We're getting snow today, but so far just a touch of it. Had some soup for lunch. This is going to be a good week I think, at least I hope so.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I'm having a good day. We're getting snow today, but so far just a touch of it. Had some soup for lunch. This is going to be a good week I think, at least I hope so.
It snowed on the 28th November last year which was unusual to get it so early.

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It snowed on the 28th November last year which was unusual to get it so early.
Yes this is very early. We usually get about a foot or so of snow around the end of December. I'm shocked this year. Summer this year and last has been unusual too. Super hot.

But nothing too bad this year so far and it's supposed to do this warm up and cool down, rain and snow. So I should be good on that part.

Reactions: shortangel

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Life has been better this day as apparently I am recovery from whatever stomach issues I've had since Friday.

@Wynona a little advice to bring you peace. In my younger years I was so organized and obsessed with having all prepared all sterile ( lol ), my babies even got multiple baths daily. Take every day with Jesus first and do not be aware of the length of time you spend with him. ( unless of course you have appts.) Things in life are unimportant to our love of God, our love for our family, each other, our neighbor ect. He wants our rest and peace on him. We do not know if this may be our last day to praise. ((((( HUGS)))))
That is so true. Ive just now figured out that my main job in life is to receive from the Lord.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I had fun at the thrift store today laughing and joking with people. Often Ill search through each item and one of them will 'speak to me'. It doesnt mean its coming home with me but I love when it happens.

I set out three tasks to limit myself in chore doing. But it still feels like a lot. I spent this morning with the Lord and am dancing, enjoying music, chatting, and just enjoying things more.