How was your day?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Today was the first ultrasound. My husband was with me. We got to see our baby, this 2.5 inch wriggly cuteness with a big head. I cried. It was incredible. We went home with photos of black and white ultrasound pictures.
Awwwww. Happy happy for you. The first and every one you have will make you heart beat with a love you never knew existed.

Your marriage sounds good & solid also. Beautiful bountiful blessings.

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm feeling kind of euphoric today but I'm sure it's the meds exiting.

They can take from a month to 6 months . I have been on them 12 yrs for OA in hands, knees ,(replaced both these didn't even have knee-caps), feet and spine. I have lost 2 inches in ht in about 6 yrs.

I'm the un-incredible shrinking woman......lol.

I am having allergy induced asthma...I hope. Had cxray x 2 on Thurs./ referral to Pulmonologist. MD. gave flu shot but held off on pneumonia; Been coughing since Christmas.

I'm falling to piece....old age is a rip-off....lol

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Went to visit family today with my sister. On our way back a semi blew a tire next to us on the freeway. I just heard this loud "BOOM" and saw some smoke. It was so close to us that it sounded like an explosion. I thought for a split second that my engine blew. But then I realized it was the 18 wheeler's tire. My heart was pumpin there for a few seconds.

shortangel

Aug 23, 2020
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
wowwwwww that must have been scary, my day was great yesturday, went into town & went to the libiary & got some books on orgami & then went to an arts & crafts store & bought some poster board & some more differnt colors of construction paper, also bought another book of making jungle animals with oragami,

Reactions: dev553344

shortangel

Aug 23, 2020
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yayyyyyyyyy i'm so glad you rested & that your engery is coming back, yep onion rings are my favorite too, my day was great yesturday, did housework, did orgami, watched DVD's & T.V.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Having a good day. Went for walks worked on my project and now just resting and getting some water.

I think I'll watch a movie and eat some popcorn :watching and waiting:

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Feeling good today. Certain daily tasks got done that I haven't felt motivated to do. It feels really good. The Holy Spirit is moving amongst my brothers and sisters and nudging me to change. That feels really good!

It’s a strange thing how being alone majority of the day (housewife, no kids) or other circumstances of one alone majority of the day... EVERY day, have to be their SELF-promoter TO accomplish this or that. It’s not a big deal on a routine basis, but sometimes it seems to be exhausting, and we just say the truth...motivation drooping...energy to even Self-promote seems to have taken a vacation (so to speak). I at times use the expression...“my energy is on a vacation”. And I let my spouse, close family members hear about it! Lol
We have a relationship as such, they know, and respond as my “outside” (so to speak) motivators and a tad of appreciation works wonders, to get back on tract.
Things will drastically change for you when your baby arrives. Energy will be focused on baby’s every need and the appreciation will be a simple smile, and then laughter of that little one.

God Bless,
Taken

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OK guys, it's time to get this party started:

200w.gif

Last edited:

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s a strange thing how being alone majority of the day (housewife, no kids) or other circumstances of one alone majority of the day... EVERY day, have to be their SELF-promoter TO accomplish this or that. It’s not a big deal on a routine basis, but sometimes it seems to be exhausting, and we just say the truth...motivation drooping...energy to even Self-promote seems to have taken a vacation (so to speak). I at times use the expression...“my energy is on a vacation”. And I let my spouse, close family members hear about it! Lol
We have a relationship as such, they know, and respond as my “outside” (so to speak) motivators and a tad of appreciation works wonders, to get back on tract.
Things will drastically change for you when your baby arrives. Energy will be focused on baby’s every need and the appreciation will be a simple smile, and then laughter of that little one.

God Bless,
Taken
You are absolutely right. If Im honest, I do get tired of pushing myself. I have to remind myself that its okay to take a day off. Today might be good for that since hubby is tired too.

Im excited to transition to mothering, though that will be tiring too. At least, like you said, Ill get the reward of their happiness.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are absolutely right. If Im honest, I do get tired of pushing myself. I have to remind myself that its okay to take a day off. Today might be good for that since hubby is tired too.

Im excited to transition to mothering, though that will be tiring too. At least, like you said, Ill get the reward of their happiness.
I remember when my children were toddlers, and we had twins to carry around, the Lord gave us extra strength to make it thru. And the happiness and joy and love was also an extra help.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

And like @devin553344 post of the little guy performing for a “crowd”...all kids are different. Some shy, some willing to be the spotlight with a focus on their performance, and some with no filter and a natural comedian.
I had one of each! 2 years age difference.
Boy, quick to learn, but shy from making a big deal about accomplishments.
...(most serious)
Dau, quick to learn, ready for all rewards of accomplishments.
...(equally divides serious works first, then play).
Dau. Deaf, quick to learn with Eyes, no filter, continuously comical, and continuously laughs, including laughing at herself.
...(can be serious, but try’s to make every task enjoyable, fun, funny)

It’s observing and figuring out a kids personality traits, that I discovered, is most beneficial for the parent to USE that knowledge when teaching their child (anything), and the parent getting a hopeful response from the child...
Capturing the child’s attention and fostering the child’s interest, per the child's own individual personality.

Laughing AT my son, his works, would quickly disinterest him.
Laughing AT my Deaf dau, her works, would be a quick approval.

A quick story. At sons age 4, we living in a home, upstairs, 4 bedrooms, 1 bath. Kids all napping. Time to get kids up. I go upstairs. All are sleeping. Next to all 5 doors laying in the hall, is all 5 door knobs. Lol. I wake the kids, and ask who was so smart and clever to take all the door knobs off the doors. Son says, “I did that” (with the tools you gave me....which I did give him tools and an old toaster/ cord cut, for him to tinker with)...I told him he did a really good job of taking off all the door knobs. Lol. Then I asked if he would put them all back on the doors. He said, he has only learned how to take things APART, not put them back together. He said maybe when he is 5 or 6 he could put them back together. It was a matter of not jumping to getting mad at him, but a simple acknowledgement of his accomplishment, and his (no fear) of being in trouble, but rather simply recognizing his using his tools for works, the tools were designed for.

You have many wonderful and surprising things to look forward to with the new addition to your family. Key in quickly to his/her personality, and enjoy the rewards of your teaching. Remember little kids are like a “sponge” soaking up everything they Hear and See.

Glory to God,
Taken