How was your day?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm feeling a little down today. I ate some happy food and I'm starting to feel a little better.

Reactions: Mayflower

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
With my online presence pulled back, and more time with the Lord, Ive discovered what to do and what not to do with my time.

I am not anti social media and forums now, but I no longer want to use them the way I have before.

I share my highlights on here but not my down moments. So it's not the real me.

With that in mind, I know that God wants to develop me in the secret place between me and Him. And the time I spend on social media is time He can be downloading stuff into my spirit.

I think Ill still want to share things but only after being a student of God and of life 90 percent of the time.

The validation and affirmation I sought from social media, I need to seek from God and real-life relationships.

I still think theres a place for online things, but only after more direction and guidance from the Lord.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The validation and affirmation I sought from social media, I need to seek from God and real-life relationships.

I still think theres a place for online things, but only after more direction and guidance from the Lord.
Sounds like you've got your priorities straight. :)

Reactions: Wynona

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's the most wonderful time of the year! Why, you ask? My colleagues in China, Korea, and Taiwan take time off for Chinese New Year. Most of my evening conference calls are cancelled, and my email load is reduced to manageable levels. I can get caught up on stuff!

Alas, Tuesday morning I'm going to get slammed with about 200 emails.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My day has been good. I'm excited about being in my brother's wedding in June. His fiancee is so amazing. Love her so much.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Im seeing a lot of downsides to social media and forums lately. God told me to fall back on it about a month ago for reasons that don't have to do with the following but I've noticed:

1. Lack of civility - people are willing to say things that they wouldn't normally in face to face situations.

2. Connectivity is based on little filtered nuggets that people are willing share. This is not the same as encountering people as they really are.

3. Its hard to value people's information and advice properly. Normally, we seek advice from people who have things somewhat together. You can examine their fruit and see if they are genuine or not. Online, it is harder to do this.

4. Sometimes when you are hungering for connection, social media somehow leaves you feeling lonelier than before. Maybe this is just a me issue. But Ive become much happier by going to God and others in real life first for connection and not going online for this purpose.

Im sure there are upsides to forums and social media, or else I wouldn't have accounts for them. Over all though, I have to say that for the time invested, very little of the meaningful interaction I crave has come from online.

Reactions: Lambano

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since my younger days, Ive wanted to help people. As much purpose as that gives me, theres a limit on how much I can do. Happiness is a choice. I cannot force that choice and the blessings of following God on others.

So I don't believe Ive largely been effective in helping others other than a few who Im close to.

However, the quality of life Im able to give my husband and what little I can do for others gives me great joy.

When I was a kid, I wanted to be an artist. A creative person who inspires others. Fortunately, I am that person now. Im the person I wanted to be when I grew up.

How many people can say that?

Reactions: Lambano and amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since my younger days, Ive wanted to help people. As much purpose as that gives me, theres a limit on how much I can do. Happiness is a choice. I cannot force that choice and the blessings of following God on others.

So I don't believe Ive largely been effective in helping others other than a few who Im close to.

However, the quality of life Im able to give my husband and what little I can do for others gives me great joy.

When I was a kid, I wanted to be an artist. A creative person who inspires others. Fortunately, I am that person now. Im the person I wanted to be when I grew up.

How many people can say that?
We what do we can, when we can and where we can. Follow God where he leads you and do not insist on pushing ahead of Him. If God is in it, you and it will prosper. This is God's scenario, and we are allowed to be a part of it. Rejoice that He has blessed you and stay on His side and close to your husband.

"Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content." Phil 4:11

Last edited:
Reactions: Wynona

Abigail

Jan 29, 2022
Brookside
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I spent part of my day looking for jobs online. I'd prefer a remote post, work from home.

Carmax was one job I applied for. There are job locator sites galore but I have a feeling they don't vet the companies that put ad's in for help wanted. I checked one company that was on such a site. They were a scam.

I'd love to find a real well paying work from home job. Praying for that. I hope everyone had a beautifully restful Sunday today. :)

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I spent part of my day looking for jobs online. I'd prefer a remote post, work from home.

Carmax was one job I applied for. There are job locator sites galore but I have a feeling they don't vet the companies that put ad's in for help wanted. I checked one company that was on such a site. They were a scam.

I'd love to find a real well paying work from home job. Praying for that. I hope everyone had a beautifully restful Sunday today. :)
I looked into a work from home engineering tech job and I think it turned out to be a spammer but not totally sure. So I'd be careful contacting the sources that say: work from home.