How would you explain this picture?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is spirituality esoteric?

Somewhat crudely, esotericism can be described as a Western form of spirituality that stresses the importance of the individual effort to gain spiritual knowledge, or gnosis, whereby man is confronted with the divine.

Western esotericism, also known as esotericism, esoterism, and sometimes the Western mystery tradition,[1] is a term scholars use to categorise a wide range of loosely related ideas and movements that developed within Western society. These ideas and currents are united since they are largely distinct both from orthodox Judeo- Christian religion and Enlightenment rationalism. Esotericism has pervaded various forms of Western philosophy, mysticism and religion, pseudoscience, art, literature, as well as music-and continues to influence intellectual ideas and popular culture.

The idea of grouping a wide range of Western traditions and philosophies together under the term esotericism developed in Europe during the late seventeenth century. Various academics have debated various definitions of Western esotericism. One view adopts a definition from certain esotericist schools of thought themselves, treating "esotericism" as a perennial hidden inner tradition. A second perspective sees esotericism as a category of movements that embrace an "enchanted" worldview in the face of increasing disenchantment. A third views Western esotericism as encompassing all of Western culture's "rejected knowledge" that is accepted neither by the scientific establishment nor orthodox religious authorities.

The occult, in the broadest sense, is a category of esoteric supernatural beliefs and practices which generally fall outside the scope of organized religion and science, encompassing phenomena involving otherworldly agency, such as magic and mysticism and their varied spells. It can also refer to supernatural ideas like extra-sensory. perception and parapsychology.

The term occult sciences was used in 16th- century Europe to refer to astrology, alchemy, and natural magic. The term occultism emerged in 19th-century France,[1] amongst figures such as Antoine Court de Gébelin.[2] It came to be associated with various French esoteric groups connected to Éliphas Lévi and Papus, and in 1875 was introduced into the English language by the esotericist Helena Blavatsky.

Screenshot_20230522-054245~2.png

Reactions: Zachariah

Zachariah

Mar 20, 2023
Belief in government = belief in slavery.
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What is spirituality esoteric?

Somewhat crudely, esotericism can be described as a Western form of spirituality that stresses the importance of the individual effort to gain spiritual knowledge, or gnosis, whereby man is confronted with the divine.

Western esotericism, also known as esotericism, esoterism, and sometimes the Western mystery tradition,[1] is a term scholars use to categorise a wide range of loosely related ideas and movements that developed within Western society. These ideas and currents are united since they are largely distinct both from orthodox Judeo- Christian religion and Enlightenment rationalism. Esotericism has pervaded various forms of Western philosophy, mysticism and religion, pseudoscience, art, literature, as well as music-and continues to influence intellectual ideas and popular culture.

The idea of grouping a wide range of Western traditions and philosophies together under the term esotericism developed in Europe during the late seventeenth century. Various academics have debated various definitions of Western esotericism. One view adopts a definition from certain esotericist schools of thought themselves, treating "esotericism" as a perennial hidden inner tradition. A second perspective sees esotericism as a category of movements that embrace an "enchanted" worldview in the face of increasing disenchantment. A third views Western esotericism as encompassing all of Western culture's "rejected knowledge" that is accepted neither by the scientific establishment nor orthodox religious authorities.

The occult, in the broadest sense, is a category of esoteric supernatural beliefs and practices which generally fall outside the scope of organized religion and science, encompassing phenomena involving otherworldly agency, such as magic and mysticism and their varied spells. It can also refer to supernatural ideas like extra-sensory. perception and parapsychology.

The term occult sciences was used in 16th- century Europe to refer to astrology, alchemy, and natural magic. The term occultism emerged in 19th-century France,[1] amongst figures such as Antoine Court de Gébelin.[2] It came to be associated with various French esoteric groups connected to Éliphas Lévi and Papus, and in 1875 was introduced into the English language by the esotericist Helena Blavatsky.

View attachment 32837
We can simplify the meaning of the word "esoteric" to "not known by the majority". We can simplify the word occult to "that which is hidden". I have my personal understandings of the picture that I posted. I was interested in other people's input regarding the picture I posted. I think its a good way to utilise the imagination which is so vacant in today's people. What's your input regarding the picture?

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In my wild imagination......

I see night eclipsed by day or the separation of light & darkness.....
I see 3 cherubims blowing but only from 3 corners not the 4 corners of the " earth"......
I see a church in one corner opposite with the possibility of the great fish in the seas indicating the swallowing of Jonah who was supposed to warn the the city of Ninevah of impending doom.
The symbols of the male & female are depicted in the triangle & it's reverse.
The croc or gator in fire could represent the dragon & it's final destination.

Lol, I really have zero clue but were I to see this image ....I would conclude it to be an image of either occultic or Catholic origins.......

Reactions: Nancy and Zachariah

Zachariah

Mar 20, 2023
Belief in government = belief in slavery.
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Zachariah
What is your input regarding the imagery?
Well, in each corner we have the four elements, fire, wind, water and earth. The corners also represent the four realms that consist of the All. Everything that is exists within these four realms and I would suggest that is why they make the border of the picture. The three people standing on top of the cave symbolise the divine trinity. The triangles and star that they hold are to symbolise the triune nature of heaven.

The blue triangle is called the chalice and is a rudimentary womb symbol, symbolising femininity and passive nature. It is in alignment with the moon as the moon is connected to our emotions, night time and sleep which is passive also. In astrotheology the moon is feminine and in nearly all mythology it is always a Goddess that represents the moon. In Christianity it is the Holy Spirit that is used as representation for this feminine aspect of the trinity as it is through the Holy Spirit in which we are born into Heaven.

The red triangle is called the blade and is a rudimentary phallus symbol, symbolising masculinity and an active/dominating nature. It is in alignment with the sun as it represents day time, action and movement. Christianity uses the term "Son" to represent this aspect of the divine trinity. "Wisdom" and "Logos" along with "The Word of God", "The breath of God" are all words used to describe this aspect. It is the Son or Wisdom that leaves heaven and traverses the realms as by the will of the father.

The star symbolises both feminine and masculine in balance with each other. The Christians use the term "Father" to represent this balance. If you think about a healthy family, the kids are active and playful, the mother is more emotional and empathetic and the father honours in balance both his wife and kids. It is the kids that then venture out into the world and uphold the will of their father only to repeat the cycle themselves.

The fact that there are seven people inside a cave symbolises a place of rest (God rested on the seventh day). They are in a cave because it is within our shadow self that we find salvation. Once we have come to terms with all our shame and trauma it is within that very place we find eternal life. The well represents living water which gives eternal life.

With my knowlage of the occult, symbolism, freemasonry and alot of study in different religions icluding the bible along with a little bit of astrology iv acquired a more wholistic and deeper understanding of spirituality on a whole. Im sure there is more to be said about this picture that I am not aware of yet or that maybe I have wrong. I haven't grasped what the lute symbolises yet nor the colour combinations of the seven people in the cave.

Last edited:
Reactions: Keturah and Mr E

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not into 'esoteric' or 'occult' understanding apart from the truest sense of the meaning of those words. I've never given more than a few minutes of my time looking into any of it, and I think freemasonry is a trap at the bottom of a pit that people stumble and fall into.

What is three above, is seven below. The seven are the eyes below of the three above. The lyre is a seven-stringed instrument, unlike our modern six-string guitars, but similar sounding in that the vibrations of the strings emanate distinct tones based on the frequency of those vibrations (how's that for esoteric?) -also like a harp, and actually a piano works this way too. But 'lyre' is the original instrument from which we get the association of "lyric" -the word that accompanies the music. In fact it's the other way around. The music accompanies the words. 1 from above, 7 below.

1684852766306.png

And the well? You forgot the well. That one from above said to the woman at the well--

If you knew the gift of God, and who it is that speaks to thee, -Give me to drink; you would have asked of him, and he would have given you living water.

Whosoever drinks of this water shall thirst again: But whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.