I’m in a strange place: very conservative, but not Christian

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Romanov2488

Jul 20, 2022
Charlotte
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Sorry but you are incorrect.
People, scientists start by looking and questioning, but they quickly find information that influences how they investigate or how they account for the information.
Today we all have preconcieved ideas and biases.

For someone who is asking for eviednce that there is a God, you are showing that you are not willing to look at the evidence.

But if contemplating that there is a God is too upsetting for you, how about investigating Jesus's death and resurrection?

Try reading what Lee Stroble, William lane Craig, Dr g Habermas to name just three intellectual people who are convinced by reason that Jesus lived, was excuted, burried, that his tomb was found to be empty and that the disciple met with a risen Jesus.

Can you provide arguments that prove them wrong?

Scientists don’t automatically fill in a gap like religion does. They come up with a hypothesis and conduct an experiment. Can you conduct an experiment on God? They follow the scientific method which is diametrically opposite of faith.
583D937F-CEC6-4497-B49C-B1AE9C0D7656.jpeg

You said, “For someone who is asking for eviednce that there is a God, you are showing that you are not willing to look at the evidence.“ This is a non-sequitur. Fallacy of begging the question. One religious camp will claim there is much evidence, another religious camp will say it is all faith based. Which one is it?

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Scientists don’t automatically fill in a gap like religion does. They come up with a hypothesis and conduct an experiment. Can you conduct an experiment on God? They follow the scientific method which is diametrically opposite of faith.
View attachment 24554

You said, “For someone who is asking for eviednce that there is a God, you are showing that you are not willing to look at the evidence.“ This is a non-sequitur. Fallacy of begging the question. One religious camp will claim there is much evidence, another religious camp will say it is all faith based. Which one is it?

Scientists don't automaticly fill in a gap!

Scientists follow what ever the ruling idea is whethher it is the big bang, dark matter/energy, evolution. They automaticly fill in the gap.

I've asked you to explain why the universe exsists, you are unwilling to do that.

I think that is because you know the answer involves the supernatural.

I'm not bother about camps of believe. The bible is throughtout is based on historical fact, so ones faith also should be based on reason and evidence.

Romanov2488

Jul 20, 2022
Charlotte
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Scientists don't automaticly fill in a gap!

Scientists follow what ever the ruling idea is whethher it is the big bang, dark matter/energy, evolution. They automaticly fill in the gap.

I've asked you to explain why the universe exsists, you are unwilling to do that.

I think that is because you know the answer involves the supernatural.

I'm not bother about camps of believe. The bible is throughtout is based on historical fact, so ones faith also should be based on reason and evidence.

The Big Bang and dark matter are both considered ‘theories’ within the scientific community. It is not filling the gap because as soon as future advancements show otherwise…those theories are then thrown out. This happens all the time which is why science is ever changing, ever evolving. Religion on the other hand remains stagnant, it does not change. It’s the same today as it was 2000 years ago, it does not operate scientifically.

You said here: “The bible is throughtout is based on historical fact, so ones faith also should be based on reason and evidence.” If faith is based on reason and evidence…then it is no longer faith. Theology says God is eternal and outside of space and time. The Christian god is a transcendent god. If you have evidence of a transcendent god, then the god is no longer transcendent.

Just because the Bible is a physical book with physical historical accounts who put it together, does not mean that the contents of the Bible itself, are fact. If you watch a fantasy movie, the move is real as a movie. The dragons in it are not.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The creationists posit that the earth is 6000 years old when yet we have evidence of it being 4.5 billion. The story of Noah’s Ark was that 2 of each species was brought onto the ark. Only about 50,000 animals could fit on the ark and still have room for food and supplies to endure the 370 days the ark was adrift. So only 25,000 different species were on board. 25,000 of the 8.7 million species in existence today. That would only be .29% of the species of animals in existence today. Not even one percent of today's species.

However, let’s go back to one of the statements you made. You said, “Everything in the Bible is true.” Genesis 9:28-29 says “After the flood Noah lived 350 years. Noah lived a total of 950 years, and then he died.”

Do you believe Noah lived 950 years despite us not having evidence of any human beings living for that long?

I believe the earth has been here for infinity and will be here for infinity.
That history repeats itself in endless cycles.

Some people read the bible and read the words and see physical images of the description.
I bellieve the descriptions are meant alagorically, or spiritually.
For instance in the case of Noah and the "animals" that are chosen into the ark,
to me this represents those that come to Jesus, the clean and unclean, the righteous and the sinner.
The Jew and the Gentile. Noah called and they came. The fact that they came is the important aspect of the story to me.

In the case of Noah living 950 years, is also alagorical or spiritual to me.
To me this means that the people who were on the earth at that time followed Noah's teaching for 950 years.
The bible says Moses lived a ripe old age, but when his time to pass the baton was near an end,
Jesus came to lead us onward.
Is Jesus 2000+ years old? Not physically, but spiritually we follow his teaching and his ways and his laws.
We believe that Jesus is alive spiritually and his rulership, his "example" will live on forever.

You see, what the world is trying to do today is to make God disappear.
And then men will have no excuse to be as lawless as they choose to be.
I believe this has happened in the past. I always refer to Jeremiah chapter 4, which shows the world as void and desolate.
There will be nothing good left becuse evil will try to eliminate good.
This is the state of the world when we read Genesis chapter 1.

Gen 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
Gen 1:2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

This same Spirit of God that moved upon the face of the waters, is this same Jesus who walked on water.
In the book of Revelation we find that "waters" represents peoples and nations and tongues.
So If God was moving upon the face of the waters in Genesis 1, what was God moving upon?

In the book of Revelation when the "righteous" enter into the city, there is also a group that still remain outside the city.
What becomes of these when a new heaven and earth are created?

The most liberating thing we have today that we didn't have a few centuries ago, is the ability to read the bible for oneself.
To not be closed into any particular ideology, but to make ones own decision of what and how they believe.
If you want to believe in flying rabbits that's your perogative. You can believe anything you want to believe.

The choice of what of who is up to the individual and how they interpret it.
I don't believe any of us have all the answers to all the questions.
But while we are here on this earth, if you do believe in God and Jesus then the reason and the meaning for your life, is to be the best that you can be. The bible is a manual. With many different layers of understanding.

And everyone gets to determine how they "hear" the instructions.
Mar 4:24 And he said unto them, Take heed what ye hear: with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you: and unto you that hear shall more be given.

The question is: what is it we are hoping to hear? What are we listening for?
In my case, I'm listening for truth.
Not on a physical scale or based on science, although I have little disagreement with science in general.
I listen for the deeper meaning and how it applies to me and my understanding.
And how it can make me be a better person as to how I interact with others.

Hugs

Reactions: Mantis

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And yet somehow your religious institution is immune to taxation but you aren’t. Your church should grant you immunity from taxation since you follow their faith…or they should pay taxes themselves instead. Why won’t they extend their immunity to taxation over to you since you’re a devotee?

Or maybe I'll just go into ministry and avoid taxes! Jesus has so many perks!

Romanov2488

Jul 20, 2022
Charlotte
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I believe the earth has been here for infinity and will be here for infinity.
That history repeats itself in endless cycles.

Some people read the bible and read the words and see physical images of the description.
I bellieve the descriptions are meant alagorically, or spiritually.
For instance in the case of Noah and the "animals" that are chosen into the ark,
to me this represents those that come to Jesus, the clean and unclean, the righteous and the sinner.
The Jew and the Gentile. Noah called and they came. The fact that they came is the important aspect of the story to me.

In the case of Noah living 950 years, is also alagorical or spiritual to me.
To me this means that the people who were on the earth at that time followed Noah's teaching for 950 years.
The bible says Moses lived a ripe old age, but when his time to pass the baton was near an end,
Jesus came to lead us onward.
Is Jesus 2000+ years old? Not physically, but spiritually we follow his teaching and his ways and his laws.
We believe that Jesus is alive spiritually and his rulership, his "example" will live on forever.

You see, what the world is trying to do today is to make God disappear.
And then men will have no excuse to be as lawless as they choose to be.
I believe this has happened in the past. I always refer to Jeremiah chapter 4, which shows the world as void and desolate.
There will be nothing good left becuse evil will try to eliminate good.
This is the state of the world when we read Genesis chapter 1.

Gen 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
Gen 1:2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

This same Spirit of God that moved upon the face of the waters, is this same Jesus who walked on water.
In the book of Revelation we find that "waters" represents peoples and nations and tongues.
So If God was moving upon the face of the waters in Genesis 1, what was God moving upon?

In the book of Revelation when the "righteous" enter into the city, there is also a group that still remain outside the city.
What becomes of these when a new heaven and earth are created?

The most liberating thing we have today that we didn't have a few centuries ago, is the ability to read the bible for oneself.
To not be closed into any particular ideology, but to make ones own decision of what and how they believe.
If you want to believe in flying rabbits that's your perogative. You can believe anything you want to believe.

The choice of what of who is up to the individual and how they interpret it.
I don't believe any of us have all the answers to all the questions.
But while we are here on this earth, if you do believe in God and Jesus then the reason and the meaning for your life, is to be the best that you can be. The bible is a manual. With many different layers of understanding.

And everyone gets to determine how they "hear" the instructions.
Mar 4:24 And he said unto them, Take heed what ye hear: with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you: and unto you that hear shall more be given.

The question is: what is it we are hoping to hear? What are we listening for?
In my case, I'm listening for truth.
Not on a physical scale or based on science, although I have little disagreement with science in general.
I listen for the deeper meaning and how it applies to me and my understanding.
And how it can make me be a better person as to how I interact with others.

Hugs

Let me ask you this one question. You quoted Genesis where it talks about the sequence of God’s creation. God created the sun on the 4th day. How did 4 days pass if he created the sun on the 4th day?

Reactions: BeyondET and Ziggy

Romanov2488

Jul 20, 2022
Charlotte
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Or maybe I'll just go into ministry and avoid taxes! Jesus has so many perks!

And when the IRS comes knocking on the church door with you inside, asking for you, you can be sure they’ll point and say, “He’s over there.” The very church that warns you about the sinners and tax collectors is the same church who will have sold you out to them. And now you have nothing to donate to the church because the IRS has collected your taxes, but it won’t matter to the church anyways because they’re tax exempt.

Last edited:

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And when the IRS comes knocking on the church door with you inside, asking for you, you can be sure they’ll point and say, “He’s over there.” The very church that tells you about the sinners and tax collectors is the same church who will have sold you out to them. And now you have nothing to donate to the church because the IRS has collected your taxes, but it won’t matter to the church anyways because they’re tax exempt.
kind of lost me there lol

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let me ask you this one question. You quoted Genesis where it talks about the sequence of God’s creation. God created the sun on the 4th day. How did 4 days pass if he created the sun on the 4th day?

This is also a matter of interpretation.
When reading the book of Revelation it states:
Rev 21:23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.
Rev 22:5 And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever.

Rev 22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
Rev 22:15 For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

The Bible says God created the sun and moon for a purpose:

Gen 1:14 And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:
Gen 1:15 And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.
Gen 1:16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.
Gen 1:17 And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth,
Gen 1:18 And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good.

In the book of Revelation above, there is no "time" .
Time was created for those who still remained outside the city.
The day and the night respresent the children of God/good and the children of the devil/evil.
The sun and the moon represent the role of the Father and the Mother and the generations to come are the stars.

1Th 5:5 Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.

Psa 72:5 They shall fear thee as long as the sun and moon endure, throughout all generations.

Eph 6:4 And, ye fathers, provoke not your children to wrath: but bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord.
Col 3:21 Fathers, provoke not your children to anger, lest they be discouraged.

The best interpretation the bible gives itself is in the case of Joseph:
Gen 37:9 And he dreamed yet another dream, and told it his brethren, and said, Behold, I have dreamed a dream more; and, behold, the sun and the moon and the eleven stars made obeisance to me.
Gen 37:10 And he told it to his father, and to his brethren: and his father rebuked him, and said unto him, What is this dream that thou hast dreamed? Shall I and thy mother and thy brethren indeed come to bow down ourselves to thee to the earth?
Gen 37:11 And his brethren envied him; but his father observed the saying.

And God created man from the 'dust' of the earth.
Gen 13:16 And I will make thy seed as the dust of the earth: so that if a man can number the dust of the earth, then shall thy seed also be numbered.

When Jesus came to earth there wasn't much faith left to be found.
I believe this "dust" represents the lost.
And from among the dust God created a man in his own image and likeness by breathing into him the breath of life.
Life is the knowledge of God.
From Adam who is the physical father of us all, God took a woman, who is the mother of us all.
These two are the Sun and the Moon.

Why day 4?
I believe 1-3 are days of restoration.
But during those 3 days the world is lying in darkness.

Hos 6:1 Come, and let us return unto the LORD: for he hath torn, and he will heal us; he hath smitten, and he will bind us up.
Hos 6:2 After two days will he revive us: in the third day he will raise us up, and we shall live in his sight.
Hos 6:3 Then shall we know, if we follow on to know the LORD: his going forth is prepared as the morning; and he shall come unto us as the rain, as the latter and former rain unto the earth.

And the evening and the morning was the 4th day.

Mat 18:10 Take heed that ye despise not one of these little ones; for I say unto you, That in heaven their angels do always behold the face of my Father which is in heaven.
Mat 18:11 For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost.
Mat 18:12 How think ye? if a man have an hundred sheep, and one of them be gone astray, doth he not leave the ninety and nine, and goeth into the mountains, and seeketh that which is gone astray?
Mat 18:13 And if so be that he find it, verily I say unto you, he rejoiceth more of that sheep, than of the ninety and nine which went not astray.
Mat 18:14 Even so it is not the will of your Father which is in heaven, that one of these little ones should perish.

I don't know if man can even come close to full capacity of Mercy God has towards us.
Will there be punishment? Yes, this is righteous judgment and those who do wrong will pay a price.

If all people that are evil yet remain outside the city, what are they there for?
Does God have a plan for them as well?
I believe so.
And so history goes round and round, world without end.

This is simply my interpretation and subject to change as new evidence and data become availabe
:D
Hugs

Romanov2488

Jul 20, 2022
Charlotte
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
This is also a matter of interpretation.
When reading the book of Revelation it states:
Rev 21:23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.
Rev 22:5 And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever.

Rev 22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
Rev 22:15 For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

The Bible says God created the sun and moon for a purpose:

Gen 1:14 And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:
Gen 1:15 And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.
Gen 1:16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.
Gen 1:17 And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth,
Gen 1:18 And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good.

In the book of Revelation above, there is no "time" .
Time was created for those who still remained outside the city.
The day and the night respresent the children of God/good and the children of the devil/evil.
The sun and the moon represent the role of the Father and the Mother and the generations to come are the stars.

1Th 5:5 Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.

Psa 72:5 They shall fear thee as long as the sun and moon endure, throughout all generations.

Eph 6:4 And, ye fathers, provoke not your children to wrath: but bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord.
Col 3:21 Fathers, provoke not your children to anger, lest they be discouraged.

The best interpretation the bible gives itself is in the case of Joseph:
Gen 37:9 And he dreamed yet another dream, and told it his brethren, and said, Behold, I have dreamed a dream more; and, behold, the sun and the moon and the eleven stars made obeisance to me.
Gen 37:10 And he told it to his father, and to his brethren: and his father rebuked him, and said unto him, What is this dream that thou hast dreamed? Shall I and thy mother and thy brethren indeed come to bow down ourselves to thee to the earth?
Gen 37:11 And his brethren envied him; but his father observed the saying.

And God created man from the 'dust' of the earth.
Gen 13:16 And I will make thy seed as the dust of the earth: so that if a man can number the dust of the earth, then shall thy seed also be numbered.

When Jesus came to earth there wasn't much faith left to be found.
I believe this "dust" represents the lost.
And from among the dust God created a man in his own image and likeness by breathing into him the breath of life.
Life is the knowledge of God.
From Adam who is the physical father of us all, God took a woman, who is the mother of us all.
These two are the Sun and the Moon.

Why day 4?
I believe 1-3 are days of restoration.
But during those 3 days the world is lying in darkness.

Hos 6:1 Come, and let us return unto the LORD: for he hath torn, and he will heal us; he hath smitten, and he will bind us up.
Hos 6:2 After two days will he revive us: in the third day he will raise us up, and we shall live in his sight.
Hos 6:3 Then shall we know, if we follow on to know the LORD: his going forth is prepared as the morning; and he shall come unto us as the rain, as the latter and former rain unto the earth.

And the evening and the morning was the 4th day.

Mat 18:10 Take heed that ye despise not one of these little ones; for I say unto you, That in heaven their angels do always behold the face of my Father which is in heaven.
Mat 18:11 For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost.
Mat 18:12 How think ye? if a man have an hundred sheep, and one of them be gone astray, doth he not leave the ninety and nine, and goeth into the mountains, and seeketh that which is gone astray?
Mat 18:13 And if so be that he find it, verily I say unto you, he rejoiceth more of that sheep, than of the ninety and nine which went not astray.
Mat 18:14 Even so it is not the will of your Father which is in heaven, that one of these little ones should perish.

I don't know if man can even come close to full capacity of Mercy God has towards us.
Will there be punishment? Yes, this is righteous judgment and those who do wrong will pay a price.

If all people that are evil yet remain outside the city, what are they there for?
Does God have a plan for them as well?
I believe so.
And so history goes round and round, world without end.

This is simply my interpretation and subject to change as new evidence and data become availabe
:D
Hugs

You very briefly mentioned Adam. According to the Bible, Adam and Eve were the first two people. They had 3 sons, some daughters. We are now sitting at almost 8 billion people. Since Adam and Eve along with their kids are the first family, how did we get from them to almost 8 billion people today?

Last edited:
Reactions: Ziggy and BeyondET

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You very briefly mentioned Adam. According to the Bible, Adam and Eve were the first two people. They had 3 sons, some daughters. We are now sitting at almost 8 billion people. Since Adam and Eve along with their kids are the first family, how did we get from them to almost 8 billion people today?
I'd like to know how the population grow from 2 billion in 1922 to 8 billion 2022, just in a 100 years that is kind of mind boggling.

Romanov2488

Jul 20, 2022
Charlotte
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I'd like to know how the population grow from 2 billion in 1922 to 8 billion 2022, just in a 100 years that is kind of mind boggling.

Exponential growth, lower death rates, and an increase in average age…a lot of it is due to advancements in science, medicine.

But what’s your answer for my original question? Starting with the family of Adam & Eve (parents+siblings only)…how did the population grow to where we’re at today? How did Adam & Eve eventually become grandparents?

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exponential growth, lower death rates, and an increase in average age…a lot of it is due to advancements in science, medicine.

But what’s your answer for my original question? Starting with the family of Adam & Eve (parents+siblings only)…how did the population grow to where we’re at today? How did Adam & Eve eventually become grandparents?

Well its not much difference to today.

4.5 babies are born every second of every hour in a day, so that tells me a whole lot of people are having intercoarse.

Adam and Eve first humans to have souls, like building a computer start with the motherboard and ram etc once all the pieces are in place you can add the electricity.

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nature is like a biological computer. The caterpillar to butterfly transformation is a prime example of information stored within stem cells.

Scientists don't know exactly what turns on that gene to completely breaks down the caterpillar body into what is called a imaginal disk and in that soup disk the blueprint for the butterfly is there and the soup rebuilds into a butterfly. what tells it to do so has been around long before the caterpillar or butterfly came about.

Romanov2488

Jul 20, 2022
Charlotte
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Well its not much difference to today.

4.5 babies are born every second of every hour in a day, so that tells me a whole lot of people are having intercoarse.

Adam and Eve first humans to have souls, like building a computer start with the motherboard and ram etc once all the pieces are in place you can add the electricity.

What I’m getting at is that since Adam & Eve were the first parents and they had 3 sons and some daughters (the daughters aren’t named in the Bible)…then the only way Adam & Eve became grandparents was through incest. Either Eve slept with one of her sons or their sons slept with one of their sisters.

And yes, 4.5 births every second due to a lot of folks getting it on. India and China suffer from overpopulation and overcrowding that they had to put laws into place regarding how many kids you can have. Christians generally oppose contraception (another big issue I have with them politically speaking). Overpopulation places a burden on the Earth’s resources such as food and water and the general Christian consensus is: have at it. Overpopulation leads to an increase in pests such as rats, diseases, famines, etc. Banning contraception is absurd.

As an atheist at the end of the day, the prospect of hell doesn’t bother me one bit.
45779B0A-37B6-403F-BC1B-60CFF737725E.jpeg

Last edited:

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What I’m getting at is that since Adam & Eve were the first parents and they had 3 sons and some daughters (the daughters aren’t named in the Bible)…then the only way Adam & Eve became grandparents was through incest. Either Eve slept with one of her sons or their sons slept with one of their sisters.

And yes, 4.5 births every second due to a lot of folks getting it on. India and China suffer from overpopulation and overcrowding that they had to put laws into place regarding how many kids you can have. Christians generally oppose contraception (another big issue I have with them politically speaking). Overpopulation places a burden on the Earth’s resources such as food and water and the general Christian consensus is: have at it. Overpopulation leads to an increase in pests such as rats, diseases, famines, etc. Banning contraception is absurd.
Gen 5 4 states they had other sons and daughters so Adam had more than 3 sons. As I mentioned they where the ones souled the first zinc spark that happens at conception not necessarily the first humans.

Dirt is full of other elements, decayed plants animals sea coral calcium Carbonite bone etc.

Scripture was inspired to infant minds because man would be become smarter and have to reason more today than in the past.

Romanov2488

Jul 20, 2022
Charlotte
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Gen 5 4 states they had other sons and daughters so Adam had more than 3 sons. As I mentioned they where the ones souled the first zinc spark that happens at conception not necessarily the first humans.

Dirt is full of other elements and calcium Carbonite bone etc.

Scripture was inspired to infant minds because man would be become smarter and have to reason more today than in the past.

Adam & Eve even though they were the first ones souled, they did get evicted from the Garden of Eden so technically they were the first humans outside of the Garden. It still doesn’t rule out the fact that the only way the population increased initially was through incest. It doesn’t matter how many children they had, all of those children are siblings.

They just don’t point this sort of stuff out in Bible school. In fact I came to this realization myself and when I researched it, I came across others who have had the same realization (the question has already been asked).

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Adam & Eve even though they were the first ones souled, they did get evicted from the Garden of Eden so technically they were the first humans outside of the Garden. It still doesn’t rule out the fact that the only way the population increased initially was through incest. It doesn’t matter how many children they had, all of those children are siblings.

They just don’t point this sort of stuff out in Bible school. In fact I came to this realization myself and when I researched it, I came across others who have had the same realization (the question has already been asked).

Well since Cain adam's first son went out from Eden also and found a wife in the land of Nod. the only way that could of happened is there were other humans on earth.

So I think there is more to the story than what is known, imo genesis 1 man are not placed into a garden.

Genesis 1
27 So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.

28 God blessed them and said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the earth and subdue it; rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air and every creature that crawls upon the earth.”

I don't think scripture will be fully grasped anytime soon. A example is my thoughts on the day orders I totally believe day 4 is read before day 3 as such 1,2,4,3,5,6 there's no need to wonder how plants grow without sun light but I know I'm the only one who would believe in such a thing

Beauty of scripture I think is it can speak to groups of people or just one person at a time

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's a wonder if we get much farther. Between gender fluidity and non=heterosexual relationships, I supposw we could safely assume we may see a decrease in the population.
So, looking at the BIG picture, Adam represents God's first begotten son. Eve was betrothed to Adam as his church.
Now the Bible says Adam sis not sin but the woman was in transgression.
I believe this is when the church heads off away the "Lord" qhich is the husband, to go and serve other gods, or what could be called an adulterous relationship with the world.

We see this same argument with Paul in the NT talking about the grat falling away. We hear Jesus' concern "will there be faith found on the earth? "
Adam chose to die for his woman, even though he could of walked away.

Please forgive me, my answers are short and not very well written.
I think I got some kind of smoke poisoning the other day when I severly burnt some toast and the house filled with thick smoke.
Since then I have had the chills, sweats, body aches, headache,numbness in my lips and fingers and toes.
My hands are burning to the touch, I'mextremely tired and I feel week.
I have been taking Tylenol, AppleJuice, plenty of water, Alka Selter Plus Cold Medicine.
There has been improvement since yesterday. Yesterday was bad.
My biggest issue is I have a lot of phlem in my asophogus and Trying to reduce it.

My bed is 3 feet from the computer keyboard. I have written respomses to all these posts with my fingers beneath the covers, wondering why I can't hit send and read what I wrote.
When I "imagine" I'm reding what I posted it's so chaotic and convoluted not one sentence has any rational to it.

I don't know what the symptoms of smoke poisoning is (carbonmanoxide or dioxide)
I just know I feel like crap and aske for your
good thoughts towards me and prayers.

@Romanov2488 I am truly enjoying this discussion and it deserves better than what I am able to focun on at this time.
Thank You for your patience
Hugs

(I wrote this post 3 times already in my bed imagining that I am posting it, I hope this one is real, LOL)