I am amazed at how impatient we have become

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I remember teh early days of the internet when I used net-10 and aol for my internet dial up with 56K speed and it would take two minutes of static to connect. We all thought it was awesome!

Now I have cable internet with over 300mbs speed and if it takes more than 1/2 a second I wonder why!

Who grumbles when you put a meal in the micro and it takes 5 minutes to warm up?

I am glad I am learning again in my golden years how to slow down and enjoy the wait all over again.

Reactions: Dropship

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I remember teh early days of the internet when I used net-10 and aol for my internet dial up with 56K speed and it would take two minutes of static to connect. We all thought it was awesome!

Now I have cable internet with over 300mbs speed and if it takes more than 1/2 a second I wonder why!

Who grumbles when you put a meal in the micro and it takes 5 minutes to warm up?

I am glad I am learning again in my golden years how to slow down and enjoy the wait all over again.
Hi @Ronald Nolette

Perhaps even more disturbing than a craving for fast internet, fast food, etc. is an 'evangelical' rush supposedly to 'fast track' the new birth (John 3), which must be in the Holy Spirit's good and thorough time; cf. 'Lydia, whose heart the Lord opened' (Acts 16:14).

Reactions: Ronald Nolette

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi @Ronald Nolette

Perhaps even more disturbing than a craving for fast internet, fast food, etc. is an 'evangelical' rush supposedly to 'fast track' the new birth (John 3), which must be in the Holy Spirit's good and thorough time; cf. 'Lydia, whose heart the Lord opened' (Acts 16:14).

So true. We want people to get saved right away and have them go from new born babes in Christ to spiritually mature saints in a week!

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
So true. We want people to get saved right away and have them go from new born babes in Christ to spiritually mature saints in a week!
@Ronald Nolette Well, indeed, exactly; and one wishes those who go in for supposedly foolproof, "guaranteed results" evangelistic methods, need to learn by God's grace to wait prayerfully on the Lord for the working of the Holy Spirit in the hearts of those who receive the Word of God.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I basically have a super computer now days and Microsoft has repeatedly generated code that is incredibly slow. Over the years they have bogged down their code for various reasons. If I was running Windows XP on this system it would fly. Windows 10 is pretty much garbage code. :eek:

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I basically have a super computer now days and Microsoft has repeatedly generated code that is incredibly slow. Over the years they have bogged down their code for various reasons. If I was running Windows XP on this system it would fly. Windows 10 is pretty much garbage code. :eek:
Seems like a new version or update keeps coming out almost all the time........

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Seems like a new version or update keeps coming out almost all the time........
Yeah that's the other complaint I have. I don't need any updates so I turned off automatic updates in the config and I still get updates. They slow down the computer to a crawl and then I have to reboot and wait till it's over which is a super nag. Aaarrrgggghhhh!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Ronald Nolette Well, indeed, exactly; and one wishes those who go in for supposedly foolproof, "guaranteed results" evangelistic methods, need to learn by God's grace to wait prayerfully on the Lord for the working of the Holy Spirit in the hearts of those who receive the Word of God.

With about 7.5 billion people on earth, there are 7.5 billion formulas for salvation- one for each.

One gospel message but untold ways of presenting that message to the hearers.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Well I am defnitely not that computer savvy!

I am still amazed that their is more computing power in my I-phone-X than put a man on the moon!

300mbs is fine for me!

bluedragon

Aug 7, 2021
Birmingham, Al
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amazing what exists in an iPhone verus what we learned in college about data punch cards and rooms full of computer equipement .....

I would sit in research and design engineering meetings and ask questions ...."We have program languages on this platform? How many can we offer by making a choice?" "Ten" "At the same time? All on board?" "All on board." "Then can anyone explain to me why we are shipping hundreds of controls back and forth to install languages?" "You didn't ask." "How about we don't give you a paycheck because you didn't ask?" "Makes sense when put that way." "Always be ahead of me ....it pays better, your wife wants to spend your money." "Makes sense when put that way." "Always keep her happy ....your happiness doesn't matter. Please me and her, safer that way."

It was far more enojoyable when facing a nuke engineer and tell him ..."If you change data programs I can give you any language you want by choice, not by shipping back to me ...that's over. Besides, I hate your safety training classes."

bluedragon

Aug 7, 2021
Birmingham, Al
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Picking at you .....Impatient ? Right Now ? Means you've never been a sales manager.....

I always liked finishing a year at 100 plus percent .....President walks in and says "Well done, congrats, before patting yourself on the back, what have you done for me today?"

Some us live on a right now mentality .....Because there is someone above us that demands it.