I am excited....

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

B

brakelite

I had been a Christian less than one year, and I visited a friend who had this little blue book on his coffee table. I picked it up and asked, what is this? My friend said, its the book Of Mormon. Oh. Mormon? What's that? Not what, who. Oh. So who is that? (Truly, I had never heard of them). They are a church group, my friend explained. Their official title is church of Jesus Christ of latter Day Saints. Oh. Cool.
So I opened up the book to have a read. After half a paragraph, perhaps less, (this was 40 years ago so forgive my lack of accuracy) I felt physically sick. I put the book down and went for a walk to the bathroom, but by the time I got there, the feeling had passed. So I returned to the book. Same thing happened. Just a few short sentences later, sick in stomach. Put book down, get up, walk a few paces, fine again. Back to book. Yep, same again. Yucky sick feeling. Put book down. Don't get up this time as in getting a mite suspicious something isn't quite right. Sure enough, discovered so long as I left the book some, I felt fine.
Several years later, another friend gave me a very large book written by a couple who had spent many years in that church. In this book they had in minute detail every controversy... The ugly history... The altered documents... The hidden secrets... And every oddball doctrine just as phoneman was revealing. I have that book to another friend, a publisher and it formed the basis of a series of tracts and articles that went all around the world.
My wife's cousin was Mormon. My wife spent some time in that church before I meet her. All agreed to what that book revealed. Even to the magic underwear. Yet sadly despite the remarkable stupidity of their beliefs, some people can be even more stupid in holding on to them despite all the evidence to the contrary.

Reactions: Phoneman777

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My wife had a Mormon friend she worked with. The poor girls husband died and she was overwrought because the Mormons taught that marriage was for eternity even if one died. She could not marry again and have a family even though she was young because of their warped teaching.

This is what denominations do. They build a following based on a few misinterpreted scriptures.
The RCC forbids marriage and commands to Abstain from meats. That this flies in the face of scripture we see in;

1 Timothy 4:3 KJVS
Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.

Because certain bogus denominations have grown to massive size is their flaunting and ignoring of the scripture a warrant from God to proceed in their corrupt apostasy?

No no and no.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL really....Jesus "ESTABLISHED" His Church.

He is BUILDING HIS CHURCH DAILY, every time another person is CONVERTED IN Christ, His Church receives a NEW MEMBER, and I receive a New Brother IN Christ, with ONE Lord God Almighty, and ONE Heavenly Holy Father.
The fact STILL remains that Jesus only established ONE Church – not tens of thousands of disjointed and perpetually-splintering Protestant factions that ALL teach different doctrines yet ALL claim to have been “led” by the Holy Spirit.
NONE of your sects were established by Christ like the Catholic Church was. They were ALL established by flawed, sinful MEN.
LOL - Obviously it is beyond your comprehension.....
It’s not “beyond” anything. It’s a matter of HISTORY.

Your perverted doctrines only go back as far as the 16th century.
This is a historical fact that YOU can’t do ANYTHING about . . .
The protest was popularized by Luther.

But you can take credit for YOUR church, introducing all kinds of nonsense outside of the Word of God.....
Mark 12:18
And he said unto them HIS DOCTRINE,
Beware of the scribes, which love to go in long clothing, and love salutations in the marketplaces.

Glory to God,
Taken
Oh - you mean salutations like “Reverend So and So” or “Dr. So and So”??

EVERY Protestant minister has a title, my dishonest, hypocritical friend . . .

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The fact STILL remains that Jesus only established ONE Church – not tens of thousands of disjointed and perpetually-splintering Protestant factions that ALL teach different doctrines yet ALL claim to have been “led” by the Holy Spirit.
NONE of your sects were established by Christ like the Catholic Church was. They were ALL established by flawed, sinful MEN.

It’s not “beyond” anything. It’s a matter of HISTORY.

Your perverted doctrines only go back as far as the 16th century.
This is a historical fact that YOU can’t do ANYTHING about . . .

Oh - you mean salutations like “Reverend So and So” or “Dr. So and So”??

EVERY Protestant minister has a title, my dishonest, hypocritical friend . . .

Don't forget to include false doctrines and like the pope, cardinals, purgatory, virgin Mary, Queen Mary, praying to saints, praying to marry, Mary appearing to people, pennance and a whole lot more.

I followed the bible, so I call no man father, bow to No man and revere no man.

Reactions: Taken and bbyrd009

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My wife had a Mormon friend she worked with. The poor girls husband died and she was overwrought because the Mormons taught that marriage was for eternity even if one died. She could not marry again and have a family even though she was young because of their warped teaching.
Actually LDS folks are totally ok with a widow/er marrying again. For example, my grandpa is a widower and married to a widow.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Don't forget to include false doctrines and like the pope, cardinals, purgatory, virgin Mary, Queen Mary, praying to saints, praying to marry, Mary appearing to people, pennance and a whole lot more.

I followed the bible, so I call no man father, bow to No man and revere no man.
ask him for documented proof lol, see what you get

Reactions: CoreIssue

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
plus they just seem to be generally awesome ppl, huh? A mormon having a bad day, who can find one?
Haha, of bad days happen to everyone. For example, last week I had THREE cars break down on me. It was a bad week. Still not the end of the world, still love my Savior & all of that stuff. But still... sometimes life just gives you a basket of lemons.

Reactions: bbyrd009

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No it isn't. The "mass" is B.S.

Moses was told to smite the rock ONLY ONCE. In his arrogant indignation, he smote it a second time, thus denying the Old Testament object lesson God intended for us all about Jesus - the Rock which was to be offered in sacrifice ONLY ONCE - and he paid for his error by being denied entrance to the Promised Land.
Ummmmm, as Rev. 13:8 illustrates – His sacrifice is ETERNAL, Einstein. He is not RE-crucified at mass or RE-sacrificed. It is a presentation of his ETERNAL sacrifice. Heb. 7:25 assures us that he lives FOREVER to make intercession for us.
You papists are no less in error. The "mass" is the "bloodless sacrifice" in which Christ is supposedly offered day and night, over and over. Why is it that the majority of papal representations of Christ are the helpless babe in the arms of His mighty Mary or crucifixes galore, especially the one on the pope's rod which is a pathetically emaciated, defeated Christ, the same one that many Satanists use?

Click here to see the comparisons: Satanic signs & symbol

View attachment 4443
Soooooo, would you rather that Jesus is represented as a strapping, sexy, muscular Adonis on the crucifix – or the beaten, broken, drained and DEAD man that He was on the cross??

What a completely idiotic srgument you make . . .

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually LDS folks are totally ok with a widow/er marrying again. For example, my grandpa is a widower and married to a widow.

We visited her in the hospital psych ward after an attempted suicide. I guess different branches of the LDS teach different things like all denominations.

The JW's change their doctrines every so often.

When my children were small and ready for bed I'd tell them every night that the Bible was the only place they could get the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We visited her in the hospital psych ward after an attempted suicide. I guess different branches of the LDS teach different things like all denominations.
The nickname "LDS" almost always applies to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, which admittedly is a mouthful to say. But it only have sone set of teachings. And allowing widows/ers to remarry has always been a consistent stance.

There are small offshoots, but they typically go by different nicknames (and the proper name is always different), and neither group tries to "same difference" the teachings.

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's fine. I don't particularly study other religions. I'm content.

God Bless,
Taken
plus they just seem to be generally awesome ppl, huh? A mormon having a bad day, who can find one?
I have certainly know some very nice Mormons, but then again my brother married one who proved to be not so nice. Was she exception rather than the rule? Do we find the same thing among Catholics and Protestants? Probably we do... at least according to my own experience in both places.