I am excited....

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you frequently go around telling people what they believe or should do? Does such behavior usually work out for you?
I'm not telling anybody one to believe. I'm just sharing information.

Yes, I've known and worked with Mormons, including Reformed Mormons. They have a church does down the road from where I live.

And I'm studied their beliefs in history extensively. As I've done with others.

If I don't know what I'm talking about I ask questions instead. That is in my policy for 57 years.

Why does that bother you?

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not telling anybody one to believe. I'm just sharing information.

Yes, I've known and worked with Mormons, including Reformed Mormons. They have a church does down the road from where I live.

And I'm studied their beliefs in history extensively. As I've done with others.
Honestly, I've seen your site and am unimpressed with the quality of information there for all the faiths talked about.
Why does that bother you?
It doesn't. People believe lots of crazy things all the time, I've learned to not particularly care.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Honestly, I've seen your site and am unimpressed with the quality of information there for all the faiths talked about.

It doesn't. People believe lots of crazy things all the time, I've learned to not particularly care.
So, you believe in many paths to God while the bible says there's only one.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, you believe in many paths to God while the bible says there's only one.
Not at all: there's only one path.

However, people will try different paths, and I got to acknowledge that. Even it's the stupidest self-defeating path, that's their choice. Yes, I can be there to those that want to talk and listen, but I can't make anyone listen. They have their choice.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not at all: there's only one path.

However, people will try different paths, and I got to acknowledge that. Even it's the stupidest self-defeating path, that's their choice. Yes, I can be there to those that want to talk and listen, but I can't make anyone listen. They have their choice.
Of course you can't make everyone listen.

And there's also the issue of sanctification.

The apostles and Martyrs died telling people they wrong. Too many people are saying we should not do that anymore.

That does not explain why you criticized me. Just curious.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course you can't make everyone listen.

And there's also the issue of sanctification.

The apostles and Martyrs died telling people they wrong. Too many people are saying we should not do that anymore.

That does not explain why you criticized me. Just curious.
Cause I'm a big proponent of letting people explain what they believe. Trying to step up and say "well you believe/do/say so and so" is... tactless in the very best case scenarios. Frequently much worse.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cause I'm a big proponent of letting people explain what they believe. Trying to step up and say "well you believe/do/say so and so" is... tactless in the very best case scenarios. Frequently much worse.
I don't say anything until it tell me what they believe. I'm not a mind reader.

Simple fact is you don't always have to put the denominational or other label on your words to convey what
you're thinking.

When I hear the same words used over and over I know what they mean.

B

brakelite

As it pertains to the sites you mentioned.
YOU need to provide documented proof.
No, I do not. Your church needs to supply documented evidence to prove to your own people that absolution and indulgences are real. Your own people believe absolution to be real... They travel to these sites for the express purpose of gaining such blessings... It is not me telling these people such absolution is available, therefore it is not up to me to prove its validity.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ummmmm, as Rev. 13:8 illustrates – His sacrifice is ETERNAL, Einstein.
Re-Sacrifice is EXACTLY what Catholicism does everyday, twice a day. Will you please stop denying the core doctrines of your beloved church?
Soooooo, would you rather that Jesus is represented as a strapping, sexy, muscular Adonis on the crucifix – or the beaten, broken, drained and DEAD man that He was on the cross??
Dead Bread, don't deny your pope uses the same style crucifix as Satanists - own it...you have no other recourse when such damning evidence is before you like the pictures I posted.

The Bible says don't make images and bow down to them, so we should expect that your Antichrist leaders in Rome would not only use the same crucifix as SATANISTS, but also kiss and venerate it. Silly papists LOL

Last edited:

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, I do not. Your church needs to supply documented evidence to prove to your own people that absolution and indulgences are real. Your own people believe absolution to be real... They travel to these sites for the express purpose of gaining such blessings... It is not me telling these people such absolution is available, therefore it is not up to me to prove its validity.
Careful...you're likely to short circuit Dead Bread's brain with such inestimable logic.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As it pertains to the sites you mentioned.
YOU need to provide documented proof.
All we do is present documented proof and you reject anything and everything that disproves your blasphemous claims, even when we show you what your OWN church has declared! You STILL to this day refuse to admit that "Roman Catholic Church" is a title used in reference to the global Catholic church (not just a "rite" within like you erroneously and stubbornly demand while totally ignoring the context of Pius' words), although I showed you that your OWN pope Pius XII did just that in his encyclical!

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you want to think you know all there is to know about what someone else believes, then you can think that.
If you want to disagree with someone who knows full well the god of Mormonism is NOT the God of Scripture (but the same god of Freemasonry, occultism, etc.), then you are free to disagree.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The fact STILL remains that Jesus only established ONE Church –

Already said "HIS" Chruch. That should have been Clear, ONE Church.

not tens of thousands of disjointed and perpetually-splintering Protestant factions that ALL teach different doctrines yet ALL claim to have been “led” by the Holy Spirit.
NONE of your sects were established by Christ like the Catholic Church was. They were ALL established by flawed, sinful MEN.

1) God is Everywhere.
2) Men erect buildings to meet.
3) No church is mine.
4) All men are flawed and have sinned.

(Except apparently "catholics", but, but, but, who routinely claim to sin) LOL

Your {redacted} doctrines only go back as far as the 16th century.
This is a historical fact that YOU can’t do ANYTHING about . . .

It is interesting, you continuously tout "your catholic" church having a centuries old history......but conveniently fail to mention; men KNOWN to reject and protest catholic teaching, were often met with a brutal and horrifying death.

You are not the authority on knowledge of men who historically met in favor of accepting Gods word and rejection of the "catholic teachings of traditions they dreamed up."

It is primarily educated men who openly voiced their protests against the catholic church, John Wycliffe mid 1300's; Jerome of Prague, burned at the stake; Jan Hus burned at the stake 1415, and Martin Luther who launched an openly and successful protest against the catholic teachings beginning in 1521, a revolution of sorts.

Yip, yip the catholic church is historical....
So is their influence to have men murdered for not being a compelled robot.

And where exactly did Christ teach or promote for men to support the murdering of men because they did not agree with a mans religious doctrine?

Oh - you mean salutations like “Reverend So and So” or “Dr. So and So”??

No. Perhaps moreso like the paparazzi that is pre-notified to stage ego boosting.....but hey, it was Jesus' chosen words, and a warning, so if you want to think it a passive thing or a good thing.....eh, that's you.

Protestant minister has a title, my dishonest, hypocritical friend . . .

LOL....I never mentioned "titles".....but par for your MO....make up crap...upchuck it on another, then bad mouth the other for YOUR OWN WORDS....

Astounding!

B

brakelite

@Willie T
Your original post spoke of the notice that Luther was suggesting a debate or discussion of sorts regarding certain practices and beliefs that had become rife within his own church.
Your post has led to a very long discussion, as it did in the days of Luther. Within the parameters of the present discussion, I have become aware that there are two principles at work here. First, I think we need to agree that the church had modified it's granting of indulgences. Although she had no qu alms about accepting the money offered, after all, St Peter's Basilica was built from the proceeds of blood money from crusades and the indulgences sold by Tetzel, the church now offers indulgences only as the result of some pious act by the faithful. Like visiting a shrine or attending a certain number of Masses in a calendar month etc etc etc. Nevertheless the church still claims to have the power to grant absolution to those who do works according to the recipe set down by the Vatican which has sole right of disposal of said guarantees of forgiveness. The question that needs to be answered, is not were they right in Luther's day (obviously not as Luther so clearly demonstrated) but are they right today to carry on the same office, albeit in a modified form? I would say that no, and that the Protestant reformation was not only justified in Luther's day, but the reformation had yet to be concluded. The protest therefore is not over, despite the utterances of such as Copeland, the current Pope, and the late bishop Tony Palmer.

Second, what Luther uncovered by his protest was something he himself had yet to learn, and something which the Protestant church had still yet to learn. Something the Catholic church had never practice, has always objected to, and today lies through her hypocritical teeth regarding her stance on it. Religious liberty... Freedom of conscience. The resulting persecutions throughout Europe, the tortures, the kings, the wars, all because people chose to think differently. Which brings me to my second question. Has the church changed? Has the Protestant church learned? I think not .The current calls by Protestant leaders for more power in politics to be granted the church a case in point.

It was political power that caused the apostasy in those early centuries... It will be the same that brings about a collapse in American Protestantism today. And Trump is an obliging tool... Perhaps even in the hands of Catholics who have long desired that very scenario.

Last edited by a moderator:

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ah, what verse is that B? ty
Luke 10:16, Heb. 10:25

The following verse give the Church SUPRREME earthly Authority: Matt. 16:18-19
18:15-18, John 16:12-15, 20:21-23.

Last edited:

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Already said "HIS" Chruch. That should have been Clear, ONE Church.

1) God is Everywhere.
2) Men erect buildings to meet.
3) No church is mine.
4) All men are flawed and have sinned.

(Except apparently "catholics", but, but, but, who routinely claim to sin) LOL
It is interesting, you continuously tout "your catholic" church having a centuries old history......but conveniently fail to mention; men KNOWN to reject and protest catholic teaching, were often met with a brutal and horrifying death.

You are not the authority on knowledge of men who historically met in favor of accepting Gods word and rejection of the "catholic teachings of traditions they dreamed up."

It is primarily educated men who openly voiced their protests against the catholic church, John Wycliffe mid 1300's; Jerome of Prague, burned at the stake; Jan Hus burned at the stake 1415, and Martin Luther who launched an openly and successful protest against the catholic teachings beginning in 1521, a revolution of sorts.

Yip, yip the catholic church is historical....
So is their influence to have men murdered for not being a compelled robot.

And where exactly did Christ teach or promote for men to support the murdering of men because they did not agree with a mans religious doctrine?
No. Perhaps moreso like the paparazzi that is pre-notified to stage ego boosting.....but hey, it was Jesus' chosen words, and a warning, so if you want to think it a passive thing or a good thing.....eh, that's you.
LOL....I never mentioned "titles".....but par for your MO....make up crap...upchuck it on another, then bad mouth the other for YOUR OWN WORDS....
Astounding!
Why do you bother to LIE – when you KNOW I’m just going to expose you in front of everybody for it??

You absolutely referred to the titles of Catholic leaders – and now you’re back-pedaling. I wonder WHY?? Maybe it’s because I publicly-spanked you with the truth about Protestant titles . . .

The fact STILL remains that Jesus established only ONE Church.

He NEVER established tens of thousands of disjointed, bickering and perpetually-splintering Protestant factions that ALLteach different doctrines by men who ALL claimed that they were “led” by the Holy Spirit.

What’s more – your “history” is skewed. There are COUNTLESS Catholics who were murdered at the hands of Protestants.

- Henry VIII is responsible for some 72,000 executions and starvations of Catholics.
- His daughter Elizabeth murdered some 40,000 Catholics.
- Her Catholic half-sister Mary was responsible for around160 Protestant deaths – yet SHE is known as“Bloody Mary”.
Talk about perverse Progestant revisionism . . .

The point is, Einstein – is that there is PLENTY of blood on BOTH sides – but YOU’VE only been taught the anti-Catholic view – and you call ME brainwashed. How pathetic . . .