I Cor. 15:29 Why Are Others Baptized For The Dead?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Vickie

Feb 26, 2009
1 Cor 15:29 Else what shall they do which are baptized for the dead, if the dead rise not at all? why are they then baptized for the dead any comments on this? Vickie

Vickie

Feb 26, 2009
QUOTE (Vickie @ May 11 2009, 08:14 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=73517
1 Cor 15:29 Else what shall they do which are baptized for the dead, if the dead rise not at all? why are they then baptized for the dead any comments on this? Vickie
I Cor 15:1-2 Paul is speaking to the Corinthians to remind then of what saves them, "UNLESS" THEY"RE HOLDING FIRMLY TO THE WORD HE IS PREACHING TO THEM, '"THEY HAVE BELIEVED IN VAIN."I Cor 15:3-9 is Paul's testimony of Jesus, and how Paul himself had Jesus appear to him. (verse 8) Making him an apostle. And his claiming that this is what he and the other Apostles preached to them that they believe. I Cor 15:10-14 Paul tells the Corinthians, those who have been speaking to them that say Christ wasn't raised, if it weren't so, then their faith is useless and so is his preaching. But he and the other Apostles "ARE WITNESSES" of Christ risen. Paul, because he was met with Christ on the road to Damascus and called to the truth by Christ himself, making him a witness to Christ being resurrected along with the other Apostles. Paul's persecuting the church tells us he was a witness to Christ being alive in a fleshy body. This making him the same as the other apostles. I Cor 15:21-22 Paul speaks of Adam bringing death to men, because of his action, and Christ bringing life to men because of his action. Paul goes through the complete testimony to them concerning their belief they are to be steadfast in concerning Christ the resurrection, etc. As all of these issues he has been readdressing with them, this baptism for the dead was an act they were also doing. Their focus of the truth of Christ has diminished and they had been miss led by those who spoke all these untruths to them. The baptism they were doing for the dead was a part of this also.I Cor 15:34 Come, back to your senses as you ought, and stop sinning; for there are some "WHO ARE IGNORANT OF GOD" I say this to YOUR SHAME. There is the answer. We must guard the testimony of Jesus with our every breath and thought, not to let others claiming truth of the scriptures take us away from what Christ spoke to us by his actions and by what he has written for us, and most of all by our actions that can remove us also. We need to guard ourselves from false teachers that have come into the flock to scatter us if possible.

TallMan

Jul 20, 2007
"The dead" that christians are baptised unto is the death of Jesus Christ for their sin.Baptism is pointless if Jesus didn't overcome death.But Jesus did overcome death, so there is every point in folowing his lead, eternal life is guaranteed if you do!The practice of being baptised for other dead people is contrary to scripture.Eze:18:20: The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.Heb:9:27: And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

Vickie

Feb 26, 2009
"The dead" that christians are baptised unto is the death of Jesus Christ for their sin.Baptism is pointless if Jesus didn't overcome death.But Jesus did overcome death, so there is every point in folowing his lead, eternal life is guaranteed if you do!The practice of being baptised for other dead people is contrary to scripture.Eze:18:20: The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.Heb:9:27: And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:
Thank you for the reply.Philippians 2:12 12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. 13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasureI agree with your statement, no one can give salvation to another, nor can anyone attain salvation for us other then through Christ individually.