I Don't Know About You...But I Feel Like...(finish the sentence)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I don’t know about you…but I feel as if I need a new pair of feet, it’s been a long day at work and my feet ache ……I was in the laundry on the dementia floor and one of our machines has broken, so I had to help with the residential floors washing. I volunteered to do an extra hour, why did I do that !!!!!!!!
Rita

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not talking about men, I'm talking about a sovereign move of the Holy Spirit. However He chooses to do it. I don't know what it will look like, but He's been showing me visions of it for 25 years. When it comes, there will be no doubt. But don't take my word for it.
Compare the HOLY SPIRIT of the apostels days THEN . That holy spirit never seemed to tell the apostels nor the church
to SIT AND WAIT ON SOME BIG REVIVAL . THAT HOLY SPIRIT SEEMED TO GET FOLKS UP and PREACHING JESUS NOW and FAST to the people .
AND we so much farther along now . THE HOLY SPIRIT DONT CHANGE . My advice is
let us not heed rick warren and many others appraoch on how to evangelize . JUST GET JESUS , actually TALK ABOUT JESUS
to folks . Cause time is running out . WE dont need to sit and wait to tell folks about JESUS
nor to correct the church either . THE TIME IS NOW . ANYONE OF US could die tonight . THEN what will we tell GOD on judgment day .
Oh LORD i was waiting on some big end time revival , SO I SAT and said nothing to folks about JESUS . THAT AINT GONNA WORK well
nor bode well on JESUS DAY . WE should have stayed with the original pattern . SEEKER FRENDLY IS OF SATAN .
THEY DESTROYED OUR CHURCHES . WE need to learn THE REAL JESUS and the real apostles well .
THEY were fast to teach JESUS , fast to correct . NIETHER OF WHICH THIS GENEARATION IS
they too busy trying to love folks to god , AND yet thier love aint correcting squat nor telling the folks about the DIRE NEED FOR JESUS to be saved .
GUESS WHAT EXAMPLE I AM GONNA FOLLOW , and may the LORD GIVE ME WISDOM and STRENGHT TO DO SO , THE BIBLICAL ONE .
ITS THE ONLY ONE THAT WORKS . I dont care if that makes me seem as a hater . AND IT DOES .
DID you know that most folks that hate on me , ARE IN THE SO CALLED CHURCH .
cause i point to THAT JESUS and those aposetles . AND these church age , DONT LIKE THAT .
NO they had rather love the idea that somehow everyone ends up saved and that sin , heck its no big deal .
BUT THAT WAS NOT JESUS , THAT WAS NOT THE APOSTELS . OPEN BIBLES and GET REFESHED IS ALL I CAN SAY TO ALL .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Compare the HOLY SPIRIT of the apostels days THEN . That holy spirit never seemed to tell the apostels nor the church
to SIT AND WAIT ON SOME BIG REVIVAL . THAT HOLY SPIRIT SEEMED TO GET FOLKS UP and PREACHING JESUS NOW and FAST to the people .
AND we so much farther along now . THE HOLY SPIRIT DONT CHANGE . My advice is
let us not heed rick warren and many others appraoch on how to evangelize . JUST GET JESUS , actually TALK ABOUT JESUS
to folks . Cause time is running out . WE dont need to sit and wait to tell folks about JESUS
nor to correct the church either . THE TIME IS NOW . ANYONE OF US could die tonight . THEN what will we tell GOD on judgment day .
Oh LORD i was waiting on some big end time revival , SO I SAT and said nothing to folks about JESUS . THAT AINT GONNA WORK well
nor bode well on JESUS DAY . WE should have stayed with the original pattern . SEEKER FRENDLY IS OF SATAN .
THEY DESTROYED OUR CHURCHES . WE need to learn THE REAL JESUS and the real apostles well .
THEY were fast to teach JESUS , fast to correct . NIETHER OF WHICH THIS GENEARATION IS
they too busy trying to love folks to god , AND yet thier love aint correcting squat nor telling the folks about the DIRE NEED FOR JESUS to be saved .
GUESS WHAT EXAMPLE I AM GONNA FOLLOW , and may the LORD GIVE ME WISDOM and STRENGHT TO DO SO , THE BIBLICAL ONE .
ITS THE ONLY ONE THAT WORKS . I dont care if that makes me seem as a hater . AND IT DOES .
DID you know that most folks that hate on me , ARE IN THE SO CALLED CHURCH .
cause i point to THAT JESUS and those aposetles . AND these church age , DONT LIKE THAT .
NO they had rather love the idea that somehow everyone ends up saved and that sin , heck its no big deal .
BUT THAT WAS NOT JESUS , THAT WAS NOT THE APOSTELS . OPEN BIBLES and GET REFESHED IS ALL I CAN SAY TO ALL .
Be led by the Holy Spirit. Feed on the word...and then feed some more...as the Holy Spirit to give understanding. We are all part of the same body. I guess. We are one in Christ. Right? Things were simpler when I thought that I was an English-Canadian Christian. Trying to understand all this with a brain injury, it's not easy. There's a lot I don't understand. What I do know is that people need to know Jesus as savior. Sometimes I make mistakes, Amigo...gimme a break! Lol

Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Be led by the Holy Spirit. Feed on the word...and then feed some more...as the Holy Spirit to give understanding. We are all part of the same body. I guess. We are one in Christ. Right? Things were simpler when I thought that I was an English-Canadian Christian. Trying to understand all this with a brain injury, it's not easy. There's a lot I don't understand. What I do know is that people need to know Jesus as savior. Sometimes I make mistakes, Amigo...gimme a break! Lol
We just gonna point to JESUS till the last breath my friend . He alone is the only hope . Let us just point to the glorious Lord my friend .
Let the LORD be praised and thanked continuously . march onwards my friend . Onward in the glorious Lord .

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That IS THE POINT . FIRST and foremost , JESUS and all the apostels never said there would be ANY end time revival
Fact is they said the opposite . HOWEVER IF WE WANT FOLKS SAVED , STEAD of waiting on what is NOT COMING
JUST GET UP and preach JESUS . cause at least SOME might hear .
Well since this is a fun thread...not intended to be taken literally....I am going to hibernate with the bears because
I don't do cold...no no no no....
I can't be bold and withstand that cold.....
it's not for me....if you could see....
you would know why....and with deepest sympathy begin to cry.
I DON'T DO COLD....OH NO NO NO!
:D

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t know about you…but I feel as if I need a new pair of feet, it’s been a long day at work and my feet ache ……I was in the laundry on the dementia floor and one of our machines has broken, so I had to help with the residential floors washing. I volunteered to do an extra hour, why did I do that !!!!!!!!
Rita
We should have several pairs of feet to change into for different purposes...
Work, dancing, running...shopping, vacationing, beaching, ....lol

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well since this is a fun thread...not intended to be taken literally....I am going to hibernate with the bears because
I don't do cold...no no no no....
I can't be bold and withstand that cold.....
it's not for me....if you could see....
you would know why....and with deepest sympathy begin to cry.
I DON'T DO COLD....OH NO NO NO!
:D
My dear sister showed me a trick to keeping the hands and feet warmer in the winter .
Get water in a plastic bottle , you can either microwave it or boil it .
Then wrap those hands around it and hold on . You can get those softer ones that fill with water too
and put the feet on them .

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My dear sister showed me a trick to keeping the hands and feet warmer in the winter .
Then wrap those hands around it and hold on . You can get those softer ones that fill with water too
It's my feet that can never get warm...and it makes my whole body shiver.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can also put some slightly hot water in a small bucket and put your feet in it while you sit and rest .
I think they have those little machines that you add water too and plug it in . I might have to look into it myself .
Up till last year the cold never bothered me . it still dont , cept for hands and feet and specially feet .

Marvelloustime

Sep 15, 2020
Heaven bound
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Oh the Lord be praised.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rita
I talked to my Mother-in-law down in Florida today. She was recently moved from NH to be with her son. While there he passed away. Her other son is in FL trying to take care of all the business of the Mark's death, the property, and his mother.
She is experiencing dementia and becoming very confused and wants to return to NH.
All of the paperwork for SS and medical is caught up in process and she won't be going anywhere too soon.
Tomorrow they will be transferring her from respite to a permanent nursing home.
I believe in my heart she will be in much better care if she stays where she is. The weather is more favorable to her health, but she has only a brother there that won't be able to visit because his own health is failing.
The Lord puts us where we need to be for his purpose. I worry about her. I love her very much. But I am not capable of taking care of her and my Dad, and I live in Maine where the cold would really get to her.

God Bless You Rita for all that you do.
And to all the other caregivers out there, whether proffesional or personal home care. Son's and daughters, mom's and dad's, brother's and sister's,
God Bless You
Hugs

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Cotton does not keep the feet warm...opt for something of a wool blend.
Working outside on cold wet days, I sometimes do a dishsoap warm pan soak, wrap and dry off with a towel that I microwave for about 30-sec, and have down booty slippers. Toasty warm.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cotton does not keep the feet warm...opt for something of a wool blend.
Working outside on cold wet days, I sometimes do a dishsoap warm pan soak, wrap and dry off with a towel that I microwave for about 30-sec, and have down booty slippers. Toasty warm.
Oohhh that sounds nice and warm....microwave a towel...huh...never done that.

Reactions: amadeus

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oohhh that sounds nice and warm....microwave a towel...huh...never done that.

Check it after 15 or so sec. Wattages are different on microwaves.
Massaging, moving toes, ankles in the foot soak, helps circulation to get blood flow to the feet. If you are doing the massage, your hands will benefit too.
Microwave warming a bit of baby oil, coconut oil, olive oil, or what ever you have, is also soothing to the feet and hands after a soak.
When the kids were little we lived in a very cold winter area, and would toss their towels and sleepers (a heavier alternative to cotton pajamas) in the dryer to warm them while they were having their evening baths.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know about you....
But...
I find smiling at strangers is contagious.
:)

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I talked to my Mother-in-law down in Florida today. She was recently moved from NH to be with her son. While there he passed away. Her other son is in FL trying to take care of all the business of the Mark's death, the property, and his mother.
She is experiencing dementia and becoming very confused and wants to return to NH.
All of the paperwork for SS and medical is caught up in process and she won't be going anywhere too soon.
Tomorrow they will be transferring her from respite to a permanent nursing home.
I believe in my heart she will be in much better care if she stays where she is. The weather is more favorable to her health, but she has only a brother there that won't be able to visit because his own health is failing.
The Lord puts us where we need to be for his purpose. I worry about her. I love her very much. But I am not capable of taking care of her and my Dad, and I live in Maine where the cold would really get to her.

God Bless You Rita for all that you do.
And to all the other caregivers out there, whether proffesional or personal home care. Son's and daughters, mom's and dad's, brother's and sister's,
God Bless You
Hugs
Thank you Ziggy.
Moving someone into a home is never an easy decision for the families, but trust me it is the best decision in the end as the dementia will only get worse and be so much harder for the person living with dementia and those endeavour to care for them. During the lockdowns we became ‘ family ‘ to the residents , and we get to know and love them as they are with the dementia because we didn’t know them before. We learn to get ‘ into the loops ‘ of where they are with their memories, we learn to role play in many respects.
Xxxxxxx

Reactions: Ziggy

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know about you....
But...
I find smiling at strangers is contagious.
:)
any time one asks you why are you smiling , tell them because i believe that JESUS is the only way . GOD has given me grace
to Know The one true gospel and thus i have all hope . . Now let the glorious King be praised .

Reactions: Taken