I doubt that God incarnated, but believe Jesus is God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Already did.
If you say Jesus is not the biological son of God, then is he the "spiritual" son of God?

If you say that Jesus is not the biological son of Mary, is he the "hypothetical" son of Mary?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think the man is just being silly, out of boredom perhaps. I think he is lollygagging to and fro in his imagination.
No, just getting to the truth.

Most folks draw a blank stare when discussing the details of the so-called "incarnation", origin.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you folks know that Jesus was made flesh, then made a quickening spirit?

If he incarnated, then it was a double incarnation...from Spirit to flesh to spirit.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you folks know that Jesus was made flesh, then made a quickening spirit?

If he incarnated, then it was a double incarnation...from Spirit to flesh to spirit.

No...I think the verse you are thinking of compares and outlines the vast difference between adam and Jesus.

The Scriptures tell us, “The first man, Adam, became a living person.” But the last Adam—that is, Christ—is a life-giving Spirit.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No...I think the verse you are thinking of compares and outlines the vast difference between adam and Jesus.

The Scriptures tell us, “The first man, Adam, became a living person.” But the last Adam—that is, Christ—is a life-giving Spirit.
No, you changed it. The verse said the last Adam was MADE a quickening spirit.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But He was born after adam. How then is He the firstborn of every creature if He did not actually exist before adam?
God witnessed the birth and death of His son before anything was made. God is smart and can do that. God transcends time.

As a matter of fact, Adam was made in the image of the man Christ Jesus. Rom 5:14

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, you changed it. The verse said the last Adam was MADE a quickening spirit.

That's my translation. NLT. I didn't change it, I just copied and pasted. But I will get bored too quickly if you leave the whole vista of scripture in order to focus on one word.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's my translation. NLT. I didn't change it, I just copied and pasted. But I will get bored too quickly if you leave the whole vista of scripture in order to focus on one word.
That version is a mess. It is made by incarnation theory experts. The KJV is 400 years old and best for debates

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But you are a sport. You didn't get offended at my ribbing, which tells me that you aren't committed to this car but are just taking it for a test drive. So that's good.

Reactions: Helen

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But you are a sport. You didn't get offended at my ribbing, which tells me that you aren't committed to this car but are just taking it for a test drive. So that's good.
No offense ever. Debating is fun and only for seasoned thinkers.

The OP suggests that I am indeed test driving this subject.

I want folks to debunk me if it is incorrect, the I can go back to teach the God has a human nature again. Ick!

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nobody has presented Phil 2 yet.

Well?

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No offense ever. Debating is fun and only for seasoned thinkers.

The OP suggests that I am indeed test driving this subject.

I want folks to debunk me if it is incorrect, the I can go back to teach the God has a human nature again. Ick!

How do you arrive at God having a fallen human nature just because He clothed Himself with flesh.