I have a confession to make

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hey @Backlit ... What on earth is that bird in your avatar???
Its shaped like a rainbow parakeet but the coloration is something ive never seen b4
It's so unique right,? I noticed the pic on the Facebook page for Australian native birds. Most on the page considered it a rainbow lorikeet mixed with something else I can't remember. So pretty though huh.

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Actually CR, there is only one view that counts and that's God's view.

LoL which is simple to discern, right... LoL

So u reckon i'll get cast into the lake of fire even though i believe in Christ???

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
LoL which is simple to discern, right... LoL

So u reckon i'll get cast into the lake of fire even though i believe in Christ???

Only you and God know your heart CR. Only you and Him know if you have that 'emotional connection' to Jesus that somebody spoke of.

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It's so unique right,? I noticed the pic on the Facebook page for Australian native birds. Most on the page considered it a rainbow lorikeet mixed with something else I can't remember. So pretty though huh.

Ye but i don't think u can mix bird breeds like you can with dogs...
I can't think of any birds that came about that way and the bird breeders i know have never attempted such a thing...

OK after a search i learnt that 15% of the worlds birds can interbreed... The rainbow lorikeet is one of them... So then...

That beak is the rainbow parakeets in shape and colour...
It has the rainbows head shape but those colors are odd...
The body is hard to see the shape in that pic but its that yellow that has me wondering...
Other similar birds are the King parrot, Princess, Swift, Mulga, several other Lorikeets, Ring necks, Lorries...
But none of em have that yellow colour...

Maybe its a fluke mutation

Reactions: Brakelite

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@Pearl Sometimes I find it's hard to keep the camera still to get such a shot; you did well! :)

Thanks farouk, and it was through the window. It was definitely a blackbird as it had all the mannerisms; cocking its head to one side, being still then pecking etc. I've heard of white, albino blackbird but this was unusual and I never saw it again. Perhaps the other birds attacked it cos it was different.

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Thanks farouk, and it was through the window. It was definitely a blackbird as it had all the mannerisms; cocking its head to one side, being still then pecking etc. I've heard of white, albino blackbird but this was unusual and I never saw it again. Perhaps the other birds attacked it cos it was different.
@Pearl Interesting how birds have their mannerisms! :)

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@Pearl Interesting how birds have their mannerisms! :)

Yes they are different. The robin redbreast is cheeky and bossy, the long-tailed tits are groupies and the sparrows are just adorable plain janes or johns.

Reactions: farouk

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
We had a 'fluke' blackbird in our garden a few years ago. And what's the bird in your avatar?
View attachment 12569

My old avatar was a cockatiel which looked like my old pet...

This is some kind of pigeon that i saw in my back garden... It ended up being someones pet that had got away and flown almost 100km...
Poor thing was so hungry and thirsty... I spun out when i saw it drink. Very different from other birds... These ones can skull

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Ye but i don't think u can mix bird breeds like you can with dogs...
I can't think of any birds that came about that way and the bird breeders i know have never attempted such a thing...

OK after a search i learnt that 15% of the worlds birds can interbreed... The rainbow lorikeet is one of them... So then...

That beak is the rainbow parakeets in shape and colour...
It has the rainbows head shape but those colors are odd...
The body is hard to see the shape in that pic but its that yellow that has me wondering...
Other similar birds are the King parrot, Princess, Swift, Mulga, several other Lorikeets, Ring necks, Lorries...
But none of em have that yellow colour...

Maybe its a fluke mutation
Someone suggested that to.

Reactions: Cristo Rei

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@Pearl Such a variety....:) A back yard can sometimes be a real zoo, with birds...

We get all sorts of birds and I love them all but one of my favourites that comes to the feeder is a nuthatch.
nuthatch.jpg