I have a question

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Yes . JESUS said this to the pharisees . Ye travel the world to make one desciple yet make him two fold the child of hell than even yourselves .
Just as i have seen the R double C and the prosperity preachers too . They travel to africa
and instead of preaching the true gospel , they preach the go spell that makes THEM money rich .
Jesus must be preached . His sound doctrine , the doctrine of the apostles . Folks ought to preach Christ , not money or other things , to the people .
There's got to be more to Christian faith other than preaching.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Can I rely on the promises God makes in the Bible or not?

Yes.

I found some of these scriptures today:

Hope in God

Psalm 31:24
Psalm 33:18
Psalm 39:7
Psalm 42:11
Psalm 71:5
Psalm 146:5
Joel 3:16
@MatthewG I love this verse about the promises of God: "For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us." (2 Corinthians 1.20).

Reactions: MatthewG

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
There's got to be more to Christian faith other than preaching.
Paul does enjoin Timothy to "preach the Word" (2 Timothy 4.2).

Mark 1.13-14 says: "Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God,

And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.)

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
As much as I would rather avoid a place like hell, I also would also rather not end up in heaven with anyone from this planet. Truely, I petition the cosmos to be separated from all humanity (Perfect or not)
That made me laugh.

Jesus loved us even though we are so bad.

Romans 5
7 For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet possibly for a good man some would even dare to die.
8 But God commends his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

So Jesus said,

I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. As I have loved you, you should also love one another. By this all shall know that you are My disciples, if you have love toward one another. John 13:34

Jesus is not telling Christians to love perfect people (Christians are far from perfect people). He's telling us to love one another the way God does. God loves you anyway, even though you're not prefect.

The earth would be heaven on earth if all people are capable of loving those who are not perfect. You love them anyway, in the way you want people to love you anyway. So what kind of love do you think heaven would be made of?

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Paul does enjoin Timothy to "preach the Word" (2 Timothy 4.2).

Mark 1.13-14 says: "Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God,

And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.)
I stand corrected.

Reactions: amadeus

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
That made me laugh.

Jesus loved us even though we are so bad.

Romans 5
7 For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet possibly for a good man some would even dare to die.
8 But God commends his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

So Jesus said,

I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. As I have loved you, you should also love one another. By this all shall know that you are My disciples, if you have love toward one another. John 13:34

Jesus is not telling Christians to love perfect people (Christians are far from perfect people). He's telling us to love one another the way God does. God loves you anyway, even though you're not prefect.

The earth would be heaven on earth if all people are capable of loving those who are not perfect. You love them anyway, in the way you want people to love you anyway. So what kind of love do you think heaven would be made of?
Empty. Completely empty.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Encouraging how.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3.16)

"Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things." (Philippians 4.8)

Reactions: Zao is life

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I was replying to your question about what the love of heaven would look like.
I know, and it made me laugh again. But your questions and your statetements and your answer about heaven being empty shows me that you are experiencing a sense of emptiness.

If heaven needs people to fill it, will you volunteer?

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
I know, and it made me laugh again. But your questions and your statetements and your answer about heaven being empty shows me that you are experiencing a sense of emptiness.

If heaven needs people to fill it, will you volunteer?
Yeah, I laughed too, until I remembered how serious I was about heaven being a ghost town. Get it? Ghost town.

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
There won't be anybody in heaven, because you'll have to leave that behind to go there.
No, you don't. You don't understand the gospel.

Once your body is dead, sin dies with it. Your soul will go on. Christ's Spirit will be living in you, if you have invited Him into your home while you were alive .If so, you will be invited into His home when you die. Your soul will rest "in the bosom of Christ" until the resurrection from the dead, when your body will be raised a completely different, immortal and spiritual body, without sin.

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Even the Bible

Yeah I do.

1 Corinthians 15:50 I declare to you, brothers and sisters, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable.
Once your body is dead, sin dies with it. Your soul will go on. Christ's Spirit will be living in you, if you have invited Him into your home while you were alive. If so, you will be invited into His home when you die. Your soul will rest "in the bosom of Christ" until the resurrection from the dead, when your body will be raised a completely different, immortal and spiritual body, without sin.