I have a question

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Actually, I will state it as a fact that one ( not you specifically obviously) can.

Many "know" the truth and have "tasted" ( in proper context and syntax) of the truth and rejected it.

Again I re-ask my original question
Short of Jesus himself proving himself to me, I can't think of anything else that could be fitting.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's those who do the will of God, not those who fence sit on their faith that will find life.

(I apologize for any reader's who may want to punch me in the face for posting such wishy-washy --- yeah I don't know what I was thinking there)
Its true you are lost , but have no worries about me wanting to punch anyone . I dont even believe in self defense .
I just want folks to be saved . And that means BELIEVE IN JESUS CHRIST .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isn't it enough you believe? Or do you need me to believe for your own benefit?
Here let me answer this . IT is enough that i believe . For my sake . But since i , by grace , now have the love of GOD shed on my heart
my desire is that none do perish . Thus , I point them to the biblical JESUS CHRIST , in hopes they repent and believe .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Whether or not one believes the gosple i preach does not save me or unsave me . JESUS IS MY HOPE .
But i speak the true gospel in hopes that others may also attain to the life saving grace of JESUS CHRIST . THAT they too
will be partakers of the true salvation , the one and only hope found in JESUS CHRIST ALONE .
Now let all that draws breath , PRAISE THE GLORIOUS WONDEROUS and MAGNIFICENT LORD .

Marvelloustime

Sep 15, 2020
Heaven bound
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
“Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.”
‭‭John‬ ‭14:6-7‬ ‭

Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.”
‭‭John‬ ‭14:6-7‬ ‭
Sound it out sister . If need be will die on this hill . Proclaiming JESUS alone as the only hope of attaining salvation .
All other paths and mindsets are vanity of vanities , smoke and mirrors and leadeth to the second death .
The one true gospel is no longer accepted even in more and more churches . But the lambs shall Cling to the KING .
Pointing only to HIM and feasting daily on the scriptures .

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Here let me answer this . IT is enough that i believe . For my sake . But since i , by grace , now have the love of GOD shed on my heart
my desire is that none do perish . Thus , I point them to the biblical JESUS CHRIST , in hopes they repent and believe .
Ever read in the New Testament of those who would travel far and wide to make one disciple, but turn them into twice a devil as themselves.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can I rely on the promises God makes in the Bible or not?

Yes.

I found some of these scriptures today:

Hope in God

Psalm 31:24
Psalm 33:18
Psalm 39:7
Psalm 42:11
Psalm 71:5
Psalm 146:5
Joel 3:16

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
that covers a lot of ground, could you be more specific in terms of what that would be in relation to you accepting Christ as your savior?
Think of the account of the burning bush, or God in the whirlwind, or a ghostly finger writing on a wall, and that is the best example I can give you.

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But can I expect/hold God on the conditions of what he does promise? Or is that impossible?

When God makes a covenant with man, its akin to a legally binding contract, so yes. His word does not come back void, because it CAN'T. It is non-negotiable.

Last edited:

An Apologetic Sheepdog

Aug 12, 2021
Atlanta, Ga
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Think of the account of the burning bush, or God in the whirlwind, or a ghostly finger writing on a wall, and that is the best example I can give you.

OK, then I will pray that you have an experience that will get your full and undivided attention warranting such action.

Understand this, I had basically the same requirement and I got my wish and to this day I wish I had opted to not be like Thomas because like Paul, it cost me as it will cost you. I would have preferred to spare you that but some of us do have to learn the hard way.

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
OK, then I will pray that you have an experience that will get your full and undivided attention warranting such action.

Understand this, I had basically the same requirement and I got my wish and to this day I wish I had opted to not be like Thomas because like Paul, it cost me as it will cost you. I would have preferred to spare you that but some of us do have to learn the hard way.
It has already cost me by just being born in a society where my only value is how much I can consume.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ever read in the New Testament of those who would travel far and wide to make one disciple, but turn them into twice a devil as themselves.
Yes . JESUS said this to the pharisees . Ye travel the world to make one desciple yet make him two fold the child of hell than even yourselves .
Just as i have seen the R double C and the prosperity preachers too . They travel to africa
and instead of preaching the true gospel , they preach the go spell that makes THEM money rich .
Jesus must be preached . His sound doctrine , the doctrine of the apostles . Folks ought to preach Christ , not money or other things , to the people .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
that was just the dark match, wait till the main event. I pray you make the right decision when the time comes.
In the meantime what happens if that mans soul is required of him this very night .............
Clocks a ticking folks . No man knows their final day . Preach JESUS as the abosolute and only means of salvation to all that draws breath .
For in Christ alone is the only hope anyone has .