I have a question

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
@I.O.U i was reading some of your comments in this thread and I get the impression that you had a bad taste from some believers in your past.
Trust me you’re not alone here and it’s a theme that’s very common. I’ve seen it too in church but while religion has been a cause for great suffering throughout the ages, this doesn’t disprove God, your own personal search for God while avoiding all the debris.
I arrived At God by over-analyzing everything and I had to believe the existence of a Creator, that the universe didn’t come from nothing all by itself and that we are not random molecules or a cosmic accident.
What about the microcosmic universe inside all physical matter. Does God exist there too?

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What about the microcosmic universe inside all physical matter. Does God exist there too?

Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.
(John 8:12)

Light is the very essence of the Cosmos, without light there is nothing. God is the light and in him is no darkness. on the first day of creation he said let there be light. His light is in all matter.

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.
(John 8:12)

Light is the very essence of the Cosmos, without light there is nothing. God is the light and in him is no darkness. on the first day of creation he said let there be light. His light is in all matter.
I don't read in the Bible verse you provided that the light of life (God) is actually in all matter. Believing that would infringe on many other theological concepts about God.

GaryAnderson

Aug 10, 2021
Massachusetts
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The Quantum world you mean? Yes God created that too so he exists in all the Creation.
Whatever your journey in life is, don’t get discouraged by the behavior of some religions, or Christians in church or elsewhere.
Jesus was a historical figure who performed miracles - that’s the main message.

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
The Quantum world you mean? Yes God created that too so he exists in all the Creation.
Whatever your journey in life is, don’t get discouraged by the behavior of some religions, or Christians in church or elsewhere.
I think that's just what you believe.

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Is that what you are doing here then? Exploring? I do hope you finf what it is that you seek.

Much love!
Isn't all our understanding of this world and the universe around us obtained via exploration?

GaryAnderson

Aug 10, 2021
Massachusetts
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think that's just what you believe.

Which part? About Jesus or that God created the universe?
Yes it takes faith to believe that God created the universe but it’s a more meaningful and hopeful message than being a cosmic accident in this vastness of space. Being content with randomness is fine too but you are here and asking questions and looking for other ideas so you’re searching and that’s great.

As far as Jesus goes no one including historians believe that he didn’t exist. Think about that for a minute. All the people who believe in Him as the Son of God do have a historical basis that he was here and lived among us.

An Apologetic Sheepdog

Aug 12, 2021
Atlanta, Ga
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why are you an atheist?

Because of believer's.

Hard to argue your justification of that point given the conduct of so many wearing the title but could you put that aside for a bit and discuss the subject of what really drives you away from the Lord or stands in the way of you moving forth on that?

You made comments earlier but with no clear syntax or intent or end goal. Please specify.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The main message , the dire message is , THAT JESUS ALONE IS THE SAVOIR . ALL who do believe shall be saved
he who believes not will be damned . The gospel of truth dont change just cause an all inclusive many path generation says it does .
Folks act like we are all on our own path , finding our way to GOD in our religoin or mindset .
Well , i can meet that mindset halfway . IF anyone is following budda , muslim , or any other religoin
THEY DO serve the same god . JUST DONT EXPECT ME TO CAPTIALIZE that god .
But to he or she who follows JESUS , confessing HIM by mouth and believing that GOD has rose him from the dead .
THESE FOLLOW GOD , THEY bear witness of the ACTUAL REAL TESTIMONY GOD gave of HIS OWN SON .
ALL else is but the winds of vanity blown from a strong hurrican like fan with tons of dung right in the middle , It stinks and its vain .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

GaryAnderson

Aug 10, 2021
Massachusetts
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The main message , the dire message is , THAT JESUS ALONE IS THE SAVOIR . ALL who do believe shall be saved
he who believes not will be damned . The gospel of truth dont change just cause an all inclusive many path generation says it does .
Folks act like we are all on our own path , finding our way to GOD in our religoin or mindset .
Well , i can meet that mindset halfway . IF anyone is following budda , muslim , or any other religoin
But to he or she who follows JESUS , confessing HIM by mouth and believing that GOD has rose him from the dead .
THESE FOLLOW GOD , THEY bear witness of the ACTUAL REAL TESTIMONY GOD gave of HIS OWN SON .
ALL else is but the winds of vanity blown from a strong hurrican like fan with tons of dung right in the middle , It stinks and its vain .

Yes but that’s not how you approach a conversation with an atheist because the atheist thinks that any scripture is ridiculous so you have to meet them at their level as St. Paul says by reasoning slowly in slow steps that atheists prefer before you involve more scripture based concepts.
If you throw holy water at the guy you’ll just push him away.

So we start with a small claim like: Jesus is a historical person. And we then take the next steps.

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Which part? About Jesus or that God created the universe?
Yes it takes faith to believe that God created the universe but it’s a more meaningful and hopeful message than being a cosmic accident in this vastness of space. Being content with randomness is fine too but you are here and asking questions and looking for other ideas so you’re searching and that’s great.

As far as Jesus goes no one including historians believe that he didn’t exist. Think about that for a minute. All the people who believe in Him as the Son of God do have a historical basis that he was here and lived among us.
Unless you have empirical evidence it's just a belief. As for my thoughts on the historicity of Jesus and the New Testament, it is difficult to make sense of what the
Why are you an atheist?

Hard to argue your justification of that point given the conduct of so many wearing the title but could you put that aside for a bit and discuss the subject of what really drives you away from the Lord or stands in the way of you moving forth on that?

You made comments earlier but with no clear syntax or intent or end goal. Please specify.
I don't think I even have one. I have side quests as such, but for an intended goal, I don't have a clue.

Side note (How long does the forum cache for undelivered post's last)

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
I don't think so. There is also revelation.

Much love!
I'll give you a revelation.

The covid19 virus will continue mutating in your common household pet (Canines) Then a new strain will be found once the virus crosses back to the human population.

An Apologetic Sheepdog

Aug 12, 2021
Atlanta, Ga
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think I even have one. I have side quests as such, but for an intended goal, I don't have a clue.

Then allow me to ask

What would it take and how should it go for a sincere discussion on what it would require for you to come to Jesus and have eternal life? ( at least so you can make a final informed choice)

I know thats infinitely broad and nebulous but its a broad topic and i don't know anything about you.

I ask you to think about it and let me know

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Then allow me to ask

What would it take and how should it go for a sincere discussion on what it would require for you to come to Jesus and have eternal life? ( at least so you can make a final informed choice)

I know thats infinitely broad and nebulous but its a broad topic and i don't know anything about you.

I ask you to think about it and let me know
Your not suggesting that I can actually choose to reject Jesus after coming to know he is true? (Considering I would also know the consequences of rejecting that truth itself)

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
It's those who do the will of God, not those who fence sit on their faith that will find life.

(I apologize for any reader's who may want to punch me in the face for posting such wishy-washy --- yeah I don't know what I was thinking there)

Last edited:

An Apologetic Sheepdog

Aug 12, 2021
Atlanta, Ga
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your not suggesting that I can actually choose to reject Jesus after coming to know he is true? (Considering I would also know the consequences of rejecting that truth itself)

Actually, I will state it as a fact that one ( not you specifically obviously) can.

Many "know" the truth and have "tasted" ( in proper context and syntax) of the truth and rejected it.

Again I re-ask my original question