I have difficulty believing that souls will be damned to the Lake of Fire

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Isaiah 14:1-11

Easy-to-Read Version

Israel Will Return Home​

14 The Lord will again show his love to Jacob. He will again choose the people of Israel. He will give them their land. Then the non-Israelites[a] will join the Israelites, and both will become one family—Jacob’s family. 2 Those nations will bring the Israelites back to their land. The men and women from the other nations will become slaves to Israel. In the past, those people forced the Israelites to become their slaves. But in the future the Israelites will defeat those nations, and Israel will then rule over them in the Lord’s land. 3 In the past, you were slaves. People forced you to work hard. But the Lord will take away the hard work you were forced to do.

A Song About the King of Babylon​

4 At that time you will begin to sing this song about the king of Babylon:
The king was cruel when he ruled us,
but now his rule is finished.
5 The Lord breaks the scepter of evil rulers;
he takes away their power.
6 In anger, the king of Babylon beat the people.
He never stopped beating them.
He was an evil ruler who ruled in anger.
He never stopped hurting people.
7 But now, the whole country rests and is quiet.
Now the people begin to celebrate.
8 You were an evil king,
and now you are finished.
Even the pine trees are happy.
The cedar trees of Lebanon rejoice.
They say, “The king chopped us down,
but now the king has fallen,
and he will never stand again.”
9 The place of death is excited
that you are coming.
Sheol is waking the spirits
of all the leaders of the earth for you.
Sheol is making the kings stand up
from their thrones to meet you.
10 They will make fun of you, saying,
“Now you are as dead as we are.
Now you are just like us.”
11 Your pride has been sent down to Sheol.

The music from your harps announces the coming of your proud spirit.
Maggots will be the bed you lie on,
and other worms will cover your body like a blanket.

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible teaches that humans are made up of both body and spirit. Life begins when the two are united, and life ends when the two are separated.

Death Of The Spirit?

What about the immaterial part of humans? Can this part, known as the spirit, or the soul, die? Does the soul become extinct? The Bible has much to say about this issue.

Testimony Of Scripture

From the first page of the Bible until the last, Scripture consistently teaches that humans have an immaterial part that will last forever. It is not possible for the soul, or spirit, to be destroyed. We will cite just a few examples of the biblical teaching on the subject.

Adam

When judgment was pronounced upon Adam for sinning against the Lord, it was his body that was judged to go back to its original elements.

By the sweat of your face you shall eat bread until you return to the ground, for out of it you were taken; you are dust, and to dust you shall return (Genesis 3:19).

The spirit, however, was not judged to return to dust because it was breathed into Adam by the breath of God. The body became dust but the spirit went elsewhere. Never do we find the Bible teaching that the spirit can be annihilated or become extinct.

Made For Eternity

Scripture teaches that we have been made for eternity.

He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of humans; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end (Ecclesiastes 3:11).

One part of us, our soul, has been made to live forever.

Implies Continual Life

The distinction that the Bible makes between the body and the spirit is taught in such a way as to imply continual life of the spirit after the body dies. The Bible says.

and the dust returns to the ground it came from, and the spirit returns to God who gave it (Ecclesiastes 12:7).

Existence Of A Place Of The Dead

The fact that the Scriptures speak of a place where the dead exist shows they have not been utterly annihilated. Isaiah the prophet said.

The grave below is all astir to meet you at your coming; it rouses the spirits of the departed to greet you - all those who were leaders in the world; it makes them rise from their thrones - all those who were kings over the nations (Isaiah 14:9).

Enoch And Elijah

Two Old Testament characters, Enoch and Elijah, did not die, but rather went to be with God.

Enoch walked with God; then he was no more, because God took him away (Genesis 5:24).

Of Elijah it was said.

As they continued walking and talking, a chariot of fire and horses of fire separated the two of them, and Elijah ascended in a whirlwind into heaven (2 Kings 2:11).

This certainly implies existence beyond the grave. Since they did not die, something must have happened to them and their bodies.

New Testament

Jesus promised eternal life to those who believe in Him.

Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. Those who believe in Me, even though they die, will live, and everyone who lives and believes in Me will never die. Do you believe this?" (John 11:25,26).

Clearly this speaks of life after this life. Obviously He was not talking about physical death when He said those who believed in Him would never die.

Abraham, Isaac, And Jacob

In a dialogue with the Sadducees, Jesus spoke of the existence of those who had previously died.

But about the resurrection of the dead - have you not read what God said to you, 'I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob'? He is not the God of the dead but of the living (Matthew 22:31,32).

Though Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob had been long since dead when God spoke to Moses, God said to him, "I am the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob." He did not say "I was their God." According to Jesus, Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob were still living, though they had died physically.

Judgment

Jesus also spoke of the judgment of all humanity.

Do not be amazed at this, for a time is coming when all who are in their graves will hear His voice and come out - those who have done good will rise to live, and those who have done evil will rise to be condemned (John 5:28,29).

If the dead are going to be judged when the graves are opened, then obviously life does not end with physical death. There is some type of existence beyond the grave.

Soul Cannot Die

The Scripture says the spirit, or soul, cannot be annihilated. Though the body may die, the spirit will live on. Death, therefore is not the end of conscious life. It is the separation of the body and the spirit. The spirit, however, lives on in another realm. The body is only the temporary residence of humans. Jesus said.

Do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul; rather fear Him who can destroy both soul and body in hell (Matthew 10:28).

Destroy has the idea of punish, not annihilate. The destruction of the soul means separation from the life of God. Though living, the soul of the unbeliever has no connection whatsoever to God.

Souls Under Altar

The Bible speaks of souls of the dead being under the altar.

When he opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain because of the word of God and the testimony they had maintained (Revelation 6:9).

They were still existing after their physical death.

Second Death

If death were the end of existence, then why does the Bible speak of the second death of unbelievers?

Let anyone who has an ear listen to what the Spirit is saying to the churches. Whoever conquers will not be harmed by the second death (Revelation 2:11).

The idea of a second death for unbelievers is another indication that physical death is not the end of existence.

Transfiguration

At the transfiguration of Jesus, Moses and Elijah appeared.

Suddenly there appeared to them Moses and Elijah, talking with Him (Matthew 17:3).

This gives further testimony to life after death. Moses had been dead for over a thousand years and Elijah had been taken up in a chariot of fire hundreds of years earlier.

Be With Christ

Paul wrote to the Philippians that He wanted to be with Christ.

I am hard pressed between the two: my desire is to depart and be with Christ, for that is far better (Philippians 1:23).

This is another indication of continued existence after death.

Desire To Live Forever

The Bible also says that the great saints of Scripture were looking to a better existence beyond this life. The writer to the Hebrews said.

All these died in faith, without receiving the promises, but having seen them and having welcomed them from a distance, and having confessed that they were strangers and exiles on the earth. For those who say such things make it clear that they are seeking a country of their own. And indeed if they had been thinking of that country from which they went out, they would have had opportunity to return. But as it is, they desire a better country, that is a heavenly one. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God; for He has prepared a city for them (Hebrews 11:13-16).

Nothing Can Separate

Finally, the Bible says that nothing will separate the believer from the love of God - not even death.

For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor rulers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord (Romans 8:38,39).

Summary

The Bible says that the body of a human will return to dust upon death but the spirit survives. Consequently the spiritual part of us can never die. Life and death are two states of existence, they are not existence and non-existence. This is the consistent teaching in both testaments. Believers in God's promises look forward to the day when they would be live in His presence. Death is not the end of existence.

You have a right to differ in the opinions given by the author.
1674083295828.png1674083312412.png1674083353997.png1674083385165.png

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God IS Spirit...
A Human Body is Dust...it’s life Blood.
Blood is not Spiritual.

Again God IS Spirit...natural earthly...believer. Hater, Stupid, doesn’t matter...they all get a soul with Gods BREATH in it....

Again God is Sprit...The soul is Gods...the Life In the Soul is...Gods Breath.

What does that have to do with a “mans” “natural spirit” ?

Nothing!

What does that have to do with Gods Spirit?

Nothing!

In one instance soul is the Topic.
In another instance spirit is the Topic.

Two different things, For Two different purposes.

Spirits are not mortal.
Spirits do not die.
All people are made in the image of God and he is not temporary.

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"What makes me think ..."?
God doesn't lie.

Matthew 25:41-46 [NASB95]
"Then He will also say to those on His left, 'Depart from Me, accursed ones, into the eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels; for I was hungry, and you gave Me [nothing] to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me nothing to drink; I was a stranger, and you did not invite Me in; naked, and you did not clothe Me; sick, and in prison, and you did not visit Me.' "Then they themselves also will answer, 'Lord, when did we see You hungry, or thirsty, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not take care of You?' "Then He will answer them, 'Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.' "These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life."
The grammar in Greek and word for eternal is the same, if you limit the existence of one, you have also limited the existence of the other to the same length of time.

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the original greek it uses the word aiōnion which means "for an age". So it's really just a translation error to think that the all-loving, all-forgiving God tortures people forever.
Nothing like using the fallacy of the Unitarians.

Reactions: atpollard

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let's consider that instead of blaming God for their own failure, Adam and Eve prayed that God forgive them for the rest of their lives. If we follow scripture, it's safe to assume that Adam and Eve resided in Shoel until Jesus frees them after his death. The opposite can be true as well .....If Adam and Eve cursed God for the rest of their lives ....they were in Hades with the Rich man, as told in the parable .....Hitler knew about Christ. He sought artifacts from the early church. But he also believed in the Occult ....His attempt to exterminate the Jews .....I lean a definate resident in Hades.
Ephesians 4:7-10
Easy-to-Read Version
7 Christ gave each one of us a special gift. Everyone received what he wanted to give them. 8 That is why the Scriptures say,

“He went up high into the sky;
he took prisoners with him,
and he gave gifts to people.”

9 When it says, “He went up,” what does it mean? It means that he first came down low to earth. 10 So Christ came down, and he is the same one who went up. He went up above the highest heaven in order to fill everything with himself.

Adventageous

Oct 28, 2022
Noneya
archive.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What about the immaterial part of humans? Can this part, known as the spirit, or the soul, die?
See Study 02 - 13 Bible Studies (PDF), Prophecy, History, Theology, Legacy by brother Aaron Earnest : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive

or also see:

QUESTION: WAS MANKIND (ADAM) CREATED WITH AN IMMORTAL “SOUL”, OR WAS MANKIND (ADAM) CREATED AS A “LIVING SOUL” FROM SOMETHING?
[A.] Gen 2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul. (see also 1 Corinthians 15:45; Acts 17:25; Job 12:10)
[1.] “the dust of the ground” + [2.] “the breath of life (of God)” “breathed into his nostrils” = [3.] “man became a living soul”.​
[B.] Gen 18:27 And Abraham answered and said, Behold now, I have taken upon me to speak unto the Lord, which am but dust and ashes:​
[C.] Job 4:19 How much less in them that dwell in houses of clay, whose foundation is in the dust, which are crushed before the moth?​
[D.] Job 27:3 All the while my breath is in me, and the spirit of God is in my nostrils;​
[E.] Jas 2:26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.​

QUESTION: WHAT IS A SOUL (LIVING or DEAD)?

A “soul” (H5315, G5590; Leviticus 22:11; Hebrews 4:12) is a “life” (Genesis 9:5; Matthew 6:25; Luke 9:56; Acts 15:26, 27:10; 1 John 3:16; Revelation 12:11, &c.), “person/s” (Genesis 14:21; Numbers 5:6, &c.), “creature” (Genesis 1:21,24; Leviticus 11:46, &c.), or “beast” (Leviticus 24:18). It can also be defined as a “being”.​

QUESTION: IF MANKIND (ADAM), WHEN ALIVE, IS A “LIVING SOUL”, ARE “BEASTS” THAT ARE ALIVE ALSO “LIVING SOULS”?

Num 31:28 And levy a tribute unto the LORD of the men of war which went out to battle: one soul of five hundred, both of the persons, and of the beeves, and of the asses, and of the sheep:​
See also Joshua 6, 10 & 11, in every instance where it is written that Joshua destroyed “all the souls that were therein” (Joshua 6:21, 10:28,30,32,35,37,39-40, 11:11) it included both “persons” (mankind) and “beeves”, “asses”, “sheep”, &c of the “beasts” that were in those cities.​

QUESTION: CAN A “LIVING SOUL” DIE AND BECOME A “DEAD” SOUL, HAVING NO LIFE ANYMORE?

Yes, see “dead”: Leviticus 19:28, 21:1, 22:4; Numbers 5:2, 6:11, 9:6-7 (2),10. If the “dust of the ground” from which any “living soul” is “formed” is destroyed or damaged beyond sustaining life, or if the “breath of life (of God)” is taken back by God, that “living soul” becomes a dead soul (person, creature, beast, being):​
[A.] Eze_18:4 Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die.​
[B.] Eze_18:20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.​
[C.] Rev 16:3 And the second angel poured out his vial upon the sea; and it became as the blood of a dead man: and every living soul died in the sea.​

QUESTION: IS THERE ANY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN MANKIND AND BEAST IN DEATH?

[A.] Gen 2:17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.​
[B.] Gen 3:19 In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return. (for Catholics, see ‘Ash Wednesday’, “Remember you are dust, and to dust you shall return.”)
[C.] Ecc 3:19 For that which befalleth the sons of men befalleth beasts; even one thing befalleth them: as the one dieth, so dieth the other; yea, they have all one breath; so that a man hath no preeminence above a beast: for all is vanity.​
Ecc 3:20 All go unto one place; all are of the dust, and all turn to dust again.​

QUESTION: ARE MANKIND (“LIVING SOULS”) WHICH ARE ALIVE, “MORTAL” OR “IMMORTAL”?

Job_4:17 Shall mortal man be more just than God? shall a man be more pure than his maker? (see also Romans 6:12, 8:11; 1 Corinthians 15:53-54; 2 Corinthians 4:11)

QUESTION: IF MANKIND HAS LIFE CONDITIONALLY, WHERE DID THE TEACHING OF “IMMORTAL SOUL/SPIRIT” COME FROM?

[A.] Gen 3:4 And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:​
[B.] Rev_12:9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him. (see also Revelation 20:2)
[C.] Lev_20:27 A man also or woman that hath a familiar spirit, or that is a wizard, shall surely be put to death: they shall stone them with stones: their blood shall be upon them.​
[D.] 1Ch_10:13 So Saul died for his transgression which he committed against the LORD, even against the word of the LORD, which he kept not, and also for asking counsel of one that had a familiar spirit, to enquire of it;​
[E.] 1Ti_4:1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;​
[F.] Rev_16:14 For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty.​

QUESTION: IS THERE ANYONE IN THE BIBLE WHO HAS IMMORTALITY, OR IS INHERENTLY IMMORTAL?

1Ti 6:15 Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords;​
1Ti 6:16 Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.​

Adventageous

Oct 28, 2022
Noneya
archive.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... What about the immaterial part of humans? Can this part, known as the spirit, or the soul, die?...
QUESTION: WHAT HAPPENS WHEN A “LIVING SOUL” DIES?

They return to the dust of the earth from which they came, and it is as if they “sleep” (lying down) in the grave, until their respective resurrection.
[A.] Ecc 9:5 For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten.​
Ecc 9:6 Also their love, and their hatred, and their envy, is now perished; neither have they any more a portion for ever in any thing that is done under the sun.​
[B.] Ecc 9:10 Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, whither thou goest.​
[C.] Ecc_12:7 Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit (“breath of life (of God)”)shall return unto God who gave it.​
[D.] Psa 90:3 Thou turnest man to destruction (H1793; crushed to dust); and sayest, Return, ye children of men.​
[E.] Psa 146:4 His breath goeth forth, he returneth to his earth; in that very day his thoughts perish.​
[F.] Psa 104:29 Thou hidest thy face, they are troubled: thou takest away their breath, they die, and return to their dust.​
Psa 104:30 Thou sendest forth thy spirit, they are created: and thou renewest the face of the earth.​
[G.] Job 7:21 And why dost thou not pardon my transgression, and take away mine iniquity? for now shall I sleep in the dust; and thou shalt seek me in the morning, but I shall not be.​
[H.] Job 14:5 Seeing his days are determined, the number of his months are with thee, thou hast appointed his bounds that he cannot pass;​
Job 14:6 Turn from him, that he may rest, till he shall accomplish, as an hireling, his day.​
Job 14:7 For there is hope of a tree, if it be cut down, that it will sprout again, and that the tender branch thereof will not cease.​
Job 14:8 Though the root thereof wax old in the earth, and the stock thereof die in the ground;​
Job 14:9 Yet through the scent of water it will bud, and bring forth boughs like a plant.​
Job 14:10 But man dieth, and wasteth away: yea, man giveth up the ghost, and where is he?
Job 14:11 As the waters fail from the sea, and the flood decayeth and drieth up:​
Job 14:12 So man lieth down, and riseth not: till the heavens be no more, they shall not awake, nor be raised out of their sleep. (see “heaven”: Matthew 24:35; Mark 13:31; Luke 21:33; 2 Peter 3:10; Isaiah 34:4; Revelation 6:14.)
Job 14:13 O that thou wouldest hide me in the grave, that thou wouldest keep me secret, until thy wrath be past, that thou wouldest appoint me a set time, and remember me! (see “wrath” = 7 last plagues; Revelation 15:1, 16:1,19)
Job 14:14 If a man die, shall he live again? all the days of my appointed time will I wait, till my change come. (see 1 Corinthians 15:50-58; Luke 14:14)
Job 14:15 Thou shalt call, and I will answer thee: thou wilt have a desire to the work of thine hands. (see “call”: 1 Thessalonians 4:16; Psalms 50:4; Isaiah 25:8-9)
[I.] Job 14:21 His sons come to honour, and he knoweth it not; and they are brought low, but he perceiveth it not of them.​
[J.] Job 17:13 If I wait, the grave is mine house: I have made my bed in the darkness.​
Job 17:14 I have said to corruption, Thou art my father: to the worm, Thou art my mother, and my sister.​
Job 17:15 And where is now my hope? as for my hope, who shall see it?​
Job 17:16 They shall go down to the bars of the pit, when our rest together is in the dust.​

QUESTION: IS IT ONLY THE “BODY” THAT GOES TO THE GRAVE, OR IS IT THE WHOLE PERSON, THE DEAD SOUL?

[A.] Job 20:11 His bones are full of the sin of his youth, which shall lie down with him in the dust.​
[B.] Job 34:14 If he set his heart upon man, if he gather unto himself his spirit and his breath;​
Job 34:15 All flesh shall perish together, and man shall turn again unto dust.​
[C.] Joh 5:28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,​
Joh 5:29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.​

QUESTION: DON’T WE GET TO KEEP THE “SPIRIT” IN DEATH?

Ecc_8:8 There is no man that hath power over the spirit to retain the spirit; neither hath he power in the day of death: and there is no discharge in that war; neither shall wickedness deliver those that are given to it.​

QUESTION: DO THE DECEASED PRAY, PRAISE, SING, REJOICE OR MAKE ANY NOISE?

[A.] Psa 115:17 The dead praise not the LORD, neither any that go down into silence.​
[B.] Isa 38:18 For the grave cannot praise thee, death can not celebrate thee: they that go down into the pit cannot hope for thy truth.​
[C.] Isa 8:19 And when they shall say unto you, Seek unto them that have familiar spirits, and unto wizards that peep, and that mutter: should not a people seek unto their God? for the living to the dead?​

QUESTION: ARE THE PATRIARCH’S, PROPHETS, APOSTLES & DISCIPLES WHO DIED “IN THE LORD” IN HEAVEN NOW?

[A.] Joh_8:53 Art thou greater than our father Abraham, which is dead? and the prophets are dead: whom makest thou thyself?​
[B.] Heb 11:35 Women received their dead raised to life again: and others were tortured, not accepting deliverance; that they might obtain a better resurrection:​
Heb 11:39 And these all, having obtained a good report through faith, received not the promise:​
Heb 11:40 God having provided some better thing for us, that they without us should not be made perfect.​
[C.] Act 2:29 Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day.​
Act 2:34 For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,​
Act_13:36 For David, after he had served his own generation by the will of God, fell on sleep, and was laid unto his fathers, and saw corruption:​
[D.] Act 7:59 And they stoned Stephen, calling upon God, and saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit. (“spirit” is Stephen’s last breath, his prayer)
Act 7:60 And he kneeled down, and cried with a loud voice, Lord, lay not this sin to their charge. And when he had said this, he fell asleep.​
Act 8:2 And devout men carried Stephen to his burial, and made great lamentation over him.​

QUESTION: WHAT DID PEOPLE DO TO JESUS WHEN HE TAUGHT THIS DOCTRINE OF THE ‘SLEEPING’ SOUL?

Mat_9:24 He said unto them, Give place: for the maid is not dead, but sleepeth. And they laughed him to scorn. (see also Mark 5:40; Luke 8:53)

QUESTION: DID THE DISCIPLES & APOSTLES CONTINUE IN THIS DOCTRINE?

Act_2:42 And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.​

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
[36] Neither can they die any more: for they are equal unto the angels; and are the children of God, being the children of the resurrection.
this text refers to angels who have not rebelled.....they are also sons of life. It does not mean the angels who rebelled are sons of the resurrection......check the context.
Ezek 28:
[15] Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.
[16] By the multitude of thy merchandise they have filled the midst of thee with violence, and thou hast sinned: therefore I will cast thee as profane out of the mountain of God: and I will destroy thee, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire.

Man was Created and Made...very good...body’s of dust, with living souls.
Angels were Created and Made...very good...perfect spirits.

All God has created...never becomes Uncreated.
Destroyed simply means “Made” changed, the Form it WAS, appears Different.
* Dead...means...ceases to Have Life “in” the Void of life Thing.
* Dead...Also, Spiritually means...Separated From God, Having life in it or not.
The words 'destroy' or 'dead' are synonymous. They mean just that. I don't think that is difficult to understand. The spin you're attempting to cobble has no credibility. This is further evident by the volume of words you continue to make to shore up this fallacy.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
QUESTION: WHAT HAPPENS WHEN A “LIVING SOUL” DIES?

They return to the dust of the earth from which they came, and it is as if they “sleep” (lying down) in the grave, until their respective resurrection.
[A.] Ecc 9:5 For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten.​
Ecc 9:6 Also their love, and their hatred, and their envy, is now perished; neither have they any more a portion for ever in any thing that is done under the sun.​
[B.] Ecc 9:10 Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, whither thou goest.​
[C.] Ecc_12:7 Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit (“breath of life (of God)”)shall return unto God who gave it.​
[D.] Psa 90:3 Thou turnest man to destruction (H1793; crushed to dust); and sayest, Return, ye children of men.​
[E.] Psa 146:4 His breath goeth forth, he returneth to his earth; in that very day his thoughts perish.​
[F.] Psa 104:29 Thou hidest thy face, they are troubled: thou takest away their breath, they die, and return to their dust.​
Psa 104:30 Thou sendest forth thy spirit, they are created: and thou renewest the face of the earth.​
[G.] Job 7:21 And why dost thou not pardon my transgression, and take away mine iniquity? for now shall I sleep in the dust; and thou shalt seek me in the morning, but I shall not be.​
[H.] Job 14:5 Seeing his days are determined, the number of his months are with thee, thou hast appointed his bounds that he cannot pass;​
Job 14:6 Turn from him, that he may rest, till he shall accomplish, as an hireling, his day.​
Job 14:7 For there is hope of a tree, if it be cut down, that it will sprout again, and that the tender branch thereof will not cease.​
Job 14:8 Though the root thereof wax old in the earth, and the stock thereof die in the ground;​
Job 14:9 Yet through the scent of water it will bud, and bring forth boughs like a plant.​
Job 14:10 But man dieth, and wasteth away: yea, man giveth up the ghost, and where is he?
Job 14:11 As the waters fail from the sea, and the flood decayeth and drieth up:​
Job 14:12 So man lieth down, and riseth not: till the heavens be no more, they shall not awake, nor be raised out of their sleep. (see “heaven”: Matthew 24:35; Mark 13:31; Luke 21:33; 2 Peter 3:10; Isaiah 34:4; Revelation 6:14.)
Job 14:13 O that thou wouldest hide me in the grave, that thou wouldest keep me secret, until thy wrath be past, that thou wouldest appoint me a set time, and remember me! (see “wrath” = 7 last plagues; Revelation 15:1, 16:1,19)
Job 14:14 If a man die, shall he live again? all the days of my appointed time will I wait, till my change come. (see 1 Corinthians 15:50-58; Luke 14:14)
Job 14:15 Thou shalt call, and I will answer thee: thou wilt have a desire to the work of thine hands. (see “call”: 1 Thessalonians 4:16; Psalms 50:4; Isaiah 25:8-9)
[I.] Job 14:21 His sons come to honour, and he knoweth it not; and they are brought low, but he perceiveth it not of them.​
[J.] Job 17:13 If I wait, the grave is mine house: I have made my bed in the darkness.​
Job 17:14 I have said to corruption, Thou art my father: to the worm, Thou art my mother, and my sister.​
Job 17:15 And where is now my hope? as for my hope, who shall see it?​
Job 17:16 They shall go down to the bars of the pit, when our rest together is in the dust.​

QUESTION: IS IT ONLY THE “BODY” THAT GOES TO THE GRAVE, OR IS IT THE WHOLE PERSON, THE DEAD SOUL?

[A.] Job 20:11 His bones are full of the sin of his youth, which shall lie down with him in the dust.​
[B.] Job 34:14 If he set his heart upon man, if he gather unto himself his spirit and his breath;​
Job 34:15 All flesh shall perish together, and man shall turn again unto dust.​
[C.] Joh 5:28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,​
Joh 5:29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.​

QUESTION: DON’T WE GET TO KEEP THE “SPIRIT” IN DEATH?

Ecc_8:8 There is no man that hath power over the spirit to retain the spirit; neither hath he power in the day of death: and there is no discharge in that war; neither shall wickedness deliver those that are given to it.​

QUESTION: DO THE DECEASED PRAY, PRAISE, SING, REJOICE OR MAKE ANY NOISE?

[A.] Psa 115:17 The dead praise not the LORD, neither any that go down into silence.​
[B.] Isa 38:18 For the grave cannot praise thee, death can not celebrate thee: they that go down into the pit cannot hope for thy truth.​
[C.] Isa 8:19 And when they shall say unto you, Seek unto them that have familiar spirits, and unto wizards that peep, and that mutter: should not a people seek unto their God? for the living to the dead?​

QUESTION: ARE THE PATRIARCH’S, PROPHETS, APOSTLES & DISCIPLES WHO DIED “IN THE LORD” IN HEAVEN NOW?

[A.] Joh_8:53 Art thou greater than our father Abraham, which is dead? and the prophets are dead: whom makest thou thyself?​
[B.] Heb 11:35 Women received their dead raised to life again: and others were tortured, not accepting deliverance; that they might obtain a better resurrection:​
Heb 11:39 And these all, having obtained a good report through faith, received not the promise:​
Heb 11:40 God having provided some better thing for us, that they without us should not be made perfect.​
[C.] Act 2:29 Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day.​
Act 2:34 For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,​
Act_13:36 For David, after he had served his own generation by the will of God, fell on sleep, and was laid unto his fathers, and saw corruption:​
[D.] Act 7:59 And they stoned Stephen, calling upon God, and saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit. (“spirit” is Stephen’s last breath, his prayer)
Act 7:60 And he kneeled down, and cried with a loud voice, Lord, lay not this sin to their charge. And when he had said this, he fell asleep.​
Act 8:2 And devout men carried Stephen to his burial, and made great lamentation over him.​

QUESTION: WHAT DID PEOPLE DO TO JESUS WHEN HE TAUGHT THIS DOCTRINE OF THE ‘SLEEPING’ SOUL?

Mat_9:24 He said unto them, Give place: for the maid is not dead, but sleepeth. And they laughed him to scorn. (see also Mark 5:40; Luke 8:53)

QUESTION: DID THE DISCIPLES & APOSTLES CONTINUE IN THIS DOCTRINE?

Act_2:42 And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.​
there was no need to give me TWO PAGE LONG scripture quotations, I am not Catholic, and reading what certain Catholic members are selling, I am not buying.

Reactions: The Learner

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
this text refers to angels who have not rebelled.....they are also sons of life. It does not mean the angels who rebelled are sons of the resurrection......check the context.

The words 'destroy' or 'dead' are synonymous. They mean just that. I don't think that is difficult to understand. The spin you're attempting to cobble has no credibility. This is further evident by the volume of words you continue to make to shore up this fallacy.

Destroy or Dead are synonymous and mean just that?
Just what?

Not difficult to understand?
Just Speaking A word is not, the meaning of the Word.

What you call a “spin”...is in fact our difference OF what a word means...
* according TO Scriptural CONTEXT..
* according TO mans Natural UNDERSTANDING...
* according TO Gods Supernatural UNDERSTANDING...

No clue WHAT Destroy means TO you, you didn’t say.
No clue WHAT Dead means TO you, you didn’t say.

No clue WHAT YOU believe Destroy means TO God, you didn’t say.
No clue WHAT you believe Dead means to God, you didn’t say.

Enlighten me “according to your non difficult Understanding”
Of what those words mean, according to YOU and God....eh?

Destroy meaning...according to you?
Dead meaning...according to you?
Destroy meaning...according to God?
Dead meaning ...according to God?

Thanks,
Taken

Reactions: The Learner

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Destroy or Dead are synonymous and mean just that?
Just what?

Not difficult to understand?
Just Speaking A word is not, the meaning of the Word.

What you call a “spin”...is in fact our difference OF what a word means...
* according TO Scriptural CONTEXT..
* according TO mans Natural UNDERSTANDING...
* according TO Gods Supernatural UNDERSTANDING...

No clue WHAT Destroy means TO you, you didn’t say.
No clue WHAT Dead means TO you, you didn’t say.

No clue WHAT YOU believe Destroy means TO God, you didn’t say.
No clue WHAT you believe Dead means to God, you didn’t say.

Enlighten me “according to your non difficult Understanding”
Of what those words mean, according to YOU and God....eh?

Destroy meaning...according to you?
Dead meaning...according to you?
Destroy meaning...according to God?
Dead meaning ...according to God?

Thanks,
Taken

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Powerful, the three Tribulation movies are also excellent.
J.
Let us not fear what is or what is fast coming . Rather get in the trenches and prepare for all out war
for the souls of men by the preaching of all sound doctrine and the gospel .
Not a one of us can stop what is or what is coming upon this world . WE cannot stop the beast govt
we must simply endure faithful to Christ no matter what cometh against us .
I see the spirit of anti christ all over the leaders and sadly over a lot of churches who even call themselves christain
yet have sold out to a univeral false love , false all inclusive lie which honors everyones god , everyones path
and certain PC sins . REGULATORS and CONTENDORS for the TRUE FAITH , MOUNT UP , ITS WAR FOR THE SOULS OF MEN .
and our weapons are not carnal . THEY ARE SPIRITUAL . Hit those trenches one and all .

Reactions: Marvelloustime