I have difficulty believing that souls will be damned to the Lake of Fire

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's the principle, not personal Taken. Self exposure is something one can't run from because it's just that, exposure to the self.

Load.
Principle is disagreeing.
Personal is calling someone a liar because you disagree.

• Love
Reactions: The Learner

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't recall God ever mentioning a BBQ to Adam. If he was sent to "hell" and God did not forewarn him that this was part of the penalty, then its God's fault that Adam sinned....he was misinformed. Telling someone that they would "die and return to the dust" is not the same as telling someone that they would roast in a fire for all eternity with no way to gain forgiveness.

What kind of fiendish god would do that? It sounds like something satan would invent to paint the Creator in a bad light. There is not a shred of justice in it.
It was a joke :cool:

Reactions: FactsPlease

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People are ALWAYS 'damned' for denying that God exists....
Actually separation comes long before Damnation...Damnation is the carrying out of a Sentence that is preceded by a Judgement. ;)

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Actually separation comes long before Damnation...Damnation is the carrying out of a Sentence that is preceded by a Judgement. ;)
Actually.....there is no such thing as "damnation" because it is the judgment.

Strongs definition of "krisis" translated as both "judgment" and "damnation" in the KJV, is as follows...

• "a separating, sundering, separation

1. a trial, contest
  • selection
  • judgment

1. opinion or decision given concerning anything

1. esp. concerning justice and injustice, right or wrong
    2. sentence of condemnation. . . .and punishment"

So there is no "damnation" to hell in the Bible.
The judgment is rendered at Christ's return and the punishment is administered as a result of his evaluation of us.....the "sheep" inherit life because they assisted Christ's 'brothers' in all the ways that were necessary....but the "goats" inherit everlasting death because they failed to do that. They will be cut off from life forever.

"When the Son of man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit down on his glorious throne. 32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate people one from another, just as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 And he will put the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on his left.

34 “Then the King will say to those on his right: ‘Come, you who have been blessed by my Father, inherit the Kingdom prepared for you from the founding of the world. 35 For I became hungry and you gave me something to eat; I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink. I was a stranger and you received me hospitably; 36 naked and you clothed me. I fell sick and you looked after me. I was in prison and you visited me.’ 37 Then the righteous ones will answer him with the words: ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and receive you hospitably, or naked and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and visit you?’ 40 In reply the King will say to them, ‘Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.’

41 “Then he will say to those on his left: ‘Go away from me, you who have been cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the Devil and his angels. 42 For I became hungry, but you gave me nothing to eat; and I was thirsty, but you gave me nothing to drink. 43 I was a stranger, but you did not receive me hospitably; naked, but you did not clothe me; sick and in prison, but you did not look after me.’ 44 Then they too will answer with the words: ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison and did not minister to you?’ 45 Then he will answer them, saying: ‘Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did not do it to one of these least ones, you did not do it to me.46 These will depart into everlasting cutting-off, but the righteous ones into everlasting life.
(Matthew 25:31-46)

That's it...."sheep" or "goats".......we are all one or the other in the sight of our judge.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Actually.....there is no such thing as "damnation" because it is the judgment.

Strongs definition of "krisis" translated as both "judgment" and "damnation" in the KJV, is as follows...

• "a separating, sundering, separation

1. a trial, contest
  • selection
  • judgment

1. opinion or decision given concerning anything

1. esp. concerning justice and injustice, right or wrong
    2. sentence of condemnation. . . .and punishment"

So there is no "damnation" to hell in the Bible.
The judgment is rendered at Christ's return and the punishment is administered as a result of his evaluation of us.....the "sheep" inherit life because they assisted Christ's 'brothers' in all the ways that were necessary....but the "goats" inherit everlasting death because they failed to do that. They will be cut off from life forever.

"When the Son of man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit down on his glorious throne. 32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate people one from another, just as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 And he will put the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on his left.

34 “Then the King will say to those on his right: ‘Come, you who have been blessed by my Father, inherit the Kingdom prepared for you from the founding of the world. 35 For I became hungry and you gave me something to eat; I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink. I was a stranger and you received me hospitably; 36 naked and you clothed me. I fell sick and you looked after me. I was in prison and you visited me.’ 37 Then the righteous ones will answer him with the words: ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and receive you hospitably, or naked and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and visit you?’ 40 In reply the King will say to them, ‘Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.’

41 “Then he will say to those on his left: ‘Go away from me, you who have been cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the Devil and his angels. 42 For I became hungry, but you gave me nothing to eat; and I was thirsty, but you gave me nothing to drink. 43 I was a stranger, but you did not receive me hospitably; naked, but you did not clothe me; sick and in prison, but you did not look after me.’ 44 Then they too will answer with the words: ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison and did not minister to you?’ 45 Then he will answer them, saying: ‘Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did not do it to one of these least ones, you did not do it to me.46 These will depart into everlasting cutting-off, but the righteous ones into everlasting life.
(Matthew 25:31-46)

That's it...."sheep" or "goats".......we are all one or the other in the sight of our judge.
our judge? hasn't he determined humanity forgiven?....isn't that the good news when one boils it down?
Could it be that we judge God?.... judge him worthy of our worship or no? ....and in so doing determine our destiny for life or death?

Separation from God...the source of life, can ultimately only result in lack of life.

How we see......specifically, the character of God, informs our theology!

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If someone is going to hell shouldn't they be given thousands of dollars but never be allowed to use it? Maybe force them to play as the bank for the rest of the game.
We are all going to "hell" (sheol/hades) so it isn't a scary place at all....its a place to "Rest in Peace". Its just the common grave of all mankind. (Eccl 9:5, 10)

The other "hell" (gehenna) is not scary either because it involves having your life taken away because you did not appreciate that life itself is a gift that God gave to humankind to perpetuate life on this planet.....its an opportunity that not everyone gets.

Think of all the eggs your mother had stored in her ovaries, and then think of the millions of sperm that your father supplied to create "you".....one of each out of thousands or even millions of possible combinations....make us who "we" are......we are all walking miracles.....the odds against our individual existence are astronomical......and yet so many drown in the sorrows of this life not understanding why God permits the devil to rule the world for so long. (Luke 4:5-6; 1 John 5:19)

This is not the life God planned for us, but it is the hand we were dealt (because of the rebellion of satan and our first parents) and there is a reason why we must "endure to the end" so that God can save us out of it. (Matt 24:13) We are showing him every day, who we are and what is important to us in Christ's teachings. We are not free to pick and choose what we will obey and what we will ignore.....so Jesus as our judge, is looking for those who try their best to obey him in ALL things....not just the convenient ones.