i honestly feel trapped.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Hi, Michael! get a reliable, Christian Bible (King James is good), and follow it!

Focus on the Lord Jesus in John's Gospel; look at the first three chapters. Wonderful reading.

B

Butterfly

Hi Michael,
Thinking of you, breaking free is never an easy path, especially when we fear the rejection of family.
I definately think you need to take one step at a time and build yourself up with spiritually with the truth. Definately start reading the truth of Gods word through the awareness you now have that there is a difference between what you have been taught, and what you can now discover.
I was wondering if you are able to find any testimonies of others who have made the transition from JW to Christian, maybe reading their stories may give you some insights and encouragements.
None of us are walking in your shoes, and what may be a right step forward for one person may not be the right step for another- trust that the Lord knows everything about your situation, he knows your fears and concerns , but he also knows your heart and the desire you have to follow the truth.
Remember that many of the fears you have will be rooted in the false teaching you have recieved, so inside you will feel condemnation because of what you have been taught.
Also know that the Holy Spirit has already started a work within you, the very fact that you started to question things, that's the beginning, God is calling you - and you have heard his true voice. May you find a way forward xx
Rita

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sounds like you are in a tough spot, Michael. I am praying for you. Know that God loves you and understands your desire to follow Him. He has been with you the whole time and bringing you closer to Him. We all care about you and know that God will finish His work within you in His own time.

Coming out of a closed group like the Jehovah’s Witnesses is difficult because of the shunning and because of your families’ involvement - you are totally right about the risks involved, but we all have to take risks. In your case, you are young and it may not be the right timing - pray for God’s timing.
Perhaps it is possible for you to study as a Christian privately for a time before switching churches. God will not abandon you.

It might also help to talk with former members who have left - i know it is against JW teachings to do so, but it might help.

Mister Michael

Sep 13, 2018
Florida
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
i feel like i am too weak to let go and fully find faith. i am to scared of disfellowshipping. It rules my life.

I think i am going to try and be a bit more positive i think my negativity has had a bad impact in my life i thought "think worse than better" was. A good thing so i wouldnt suspect or feel bad when bad things happen.

I wish i had no fear and anxiety and could simply just leave jws and worry less about disfwllowshipment.

My biggest fear is which denom. is righf and which is wrong and fear that i join the wrong denom or leave the right denom.

Reactions: aspen

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i feel like i am too weak to let go and fully find faith. i am to scared of disfellowshipping. It rules my life.

I think i am going to try and be a bit more positive i think my negativity has had a bad impact in my life i thought "think worse than better" was. A good thing so i wouldnt suspect or feel bad when bad things happen.

I wish i had no fear and anxiety and could simply just leave jws and worry less about disfwllowshipment.

My biggest fear is which denom. is righf and which is wrong and fear that i join the wrong denom or leave the right denom.

Take it slow. Learning the basics about Christianity and praying will help you find a good denominatiion - churches that teach Christ centered theology are good places to start - this includes most Protestant and Catholic churches. The good news is that you can try out as many as you want and no one will criticise you for it. Ask questions when you visit.

And you are right about trying to be more positive......negativity is a beast and when you feed it the besst grows.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I dont have a faith that I belong to ecactly. Still deciding. Sometimes I think it is better not to have one.
We all have faith in something Riekertlily, even if its that the chair we sit on will hold us up.
When it come to eternal things we need to be certain that what we put our trust in is trustworthy.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Read testimonies from others who have made the same decision and how it affected them...
Here is one of many testimonies by ex-jw's
Gloria – An Fifth Generation Jehovah’s Witness Leaves – 4Jehovah

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Reactions: Acolyte

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What are some denoms. That aren't cults?
The word "cult" has many conflicting definitions (most of them very emotionally charged), making it useless for having a conversation.

The core of being a Christian is being a disciple of Christ- that's written right in Acts. Now obviously there's different sub-groups of being a Christian, and some people think group A is right and group B is horrendously wrong, etc.

Frankly for you Micheal: worrying about denominations right now is a waste of time. For right now just focus on building a stronger relationship with Christ by reading & studying your scriptures, praying, etc. That will serve you wherever you go in life.

Reactions: Acolyte
D

Dave L

If your grandparent's love for you is conditional, you don't need friends like that.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What are some denoms. That aren't cults?
Satanic Cults is an organized body of people who teach and live by doctrines of their faith.... the doctrines are contrary to Christian beliefs and the Word of God.
Have you graduated high school yet? Because you grammar is horrible....lol.

Mister Michael

Sep 13, 2018
Florida
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
Satanic Cults is an organized body of people who teach and live by doctrines of their faith.... the doctrines are contrary to Christian beliefs and the Word of God.
Have you graduated high school yet? Because you grammar is horrible....lol.
I got held baxk