i honestly feel trapped.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
For my son and daughter it actually helps them to think there is nothing beyond us - which I have never personally understood, I am reassured by the opposite , that my life has purpose, value and this life is not all there is.
Interestingly enough they both respect Jesus , and they have always respected my faith and do not see me in the same way they view many other Christians. So something must shine through in how I do things !!!!
God bless your testimony to them; and keep praying for them: I'm sure you do already.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I am not sure it is as simple as that with family - i do not have my grand parents anymore, but certainly looked upon them in a much deeper way than friends. How they react to us goes much deeper. Surely you can understand the dilemma for Michael, I can.
I am a lone Christian in a family, even that brought about dilemmas , and I didn't have the pressure of negative reactions to deal when I came to faith at the age of 21. I wasn't endeavouring to leave a cult and stand up to my family, but I was often torn.
It's all good and well giving advice, but quite frankly some of the advice being given to Michael is without any kind of empathy with regards to his age, fears and the reality that even an older adult would find it incredibly difficult leaving the JW's and standing up to family members ingrained in its teaching. Obviously he is presuming that he would be completely rejected, which may well be the worse case scenario - but it is still a possibility ( although I am more hopeful that he would have his dad on his side )
As for the comment that he should talk to his parents and not strangers, he is seeking help from ' Christians ' because of the pull towards Christianity - to me it seems logical to confide and talk it through with those outside of the JW's first.
Rita
It's good to have people who can guide one through the Scriptures, when ... as they surely do ... doctrinal issues arise.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
God can meet you where you are Michael, just as he does for everyone else he calls. Preconceived notions of how to leave the JWs are not helpful if they are your ideas of what you should do and not God's. He will call you to confront something, or just leave in his timing. For now you need to commit your life to Jesus and not worry about tomorrow. I also think talking to an Ex JW would be helpful.

WgK

Nov 27, 2018
Texas
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
i am feeling trapped because i am want to be a christian but i know that if i tell my grandparents that i want to be a christian they'll shun me. i know it's not their fault and it's simply the watchtower but i don't want to lose my grandparents. i want to become christian cause i feel like the jws are wrong on most cases but if i do declare that i want to be a non jw christian they will call me an apostate and push me aside or try to convert me and turn me down.

also i feel like i am trapped due to the pressure to stay a jw but wanting to "break free" from the jw falseness. everyday i am still a jw i feel like i wanna die. i go to kingdom halls and i can't trust the elders. i pray to God and that helps. but i think i won't actually be free until i really find Christ.

i also feel trapped and saddened each day because if i stay in jw and never become an christian. then i'll be sent to hell cause i never repented or find another church to go to and follow the the christian bible.

why is everything so tough for me.

i even have thoughts of suicide,
simply cause of my negative thoughts of going to hell

and not having a will to live.

i hate the watchtower i hate the kingdom hall i hate the meetings.

yet i still go simply cause i want to stay with my grandparents.

i wanted to go back to jw to see what i was missing and feel that life was starting to feel empty with out God. i was never an atheist or agnostic i just slowly stopped going to the jw meetings maybe cause of my great grandfather's death in 2014, or just cause i felt too old for it.

now i found out that the watchtower kept secrets from me kept me away from God.

how can i trust the bible or any christian church, or any christian individual.

every day i felt sadness deep in my heart cause i am jw wanting to be christian and keep telling myself to "don't say anything" "you gonna lose your grandparents" "how can you be a christian and leave jws you just started again" i hate these voice i try to have fun and be happy but i can't i never will till become an actual christian.

can i even trust you people on this thread?

do you guys care what happens to me?

what should i do be a christian and leave the jw faith despite the consequences.

stay a jw and be trapped in a religion you don't even 100% believe in anymore.
Labor not for the meat which perish,
but for that meat which endure unto everlasting life.

Riekertlily

Sep 5, 2018
Pretoria
Faith
Other Faith
Country
South Africa
I think you must choose what you understand. If you don't understand it leave it. Don't feel there are consequences. There shouldn't be anyway.