i honestly feel trapped.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I got held baxk
Well you are at a young vulnerable age right now and this is the time in a person's life where they begin to develop their own beliefs about religion, life, politics and you name it....those who you seek out for advice and fellowship tends to be what you choose for your own choices as well....your friends can influence your decisions in many ways such as peer pressure and social identities....I pray you will continue to have a desire to seek truth and find it.

Reactions: Acolyte and farouk
D

Dave L

YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND
Jesus means more to most Christians than do their families. In fact he said:
“For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. And a man’s foes shall be they of his own household. He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.” (Matthew 10:35–38)

Mister Michael

Sep 13, 2018
Florida
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
Take Jesus at his word and do what he says.
I am 17 still i am growing up with my parents none of them are Christians.

I can't let then kick me i would be on ny own and i can't get a job or find a place to live i would be homeless.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Guys, lets remember that MM is a minor. A child. Yes, rapidly approaching adulthood, but not their yet (mentally/emotionally/financially/education/etc). It makes things much more complicated than if you were talking to an adult who could drive themselves to work, financially support themselves, etc.

Again, MM, I'm going simply reiterate the basic advice: focus on growing closer to God and being a better disciple yourself. Worry about which Sunday bench to sit on later.

D

Dave L

I am 17 still i am growing up with my parents none of them are Christians.

I can't let then kick me i would be on ny own and i can't get a job or find a place to live i would be homeless.
You need to submit to your parents. Honor and obey them, and in so doing you are doing God's will. Possibly they would allow you to experiment visiting various churches. I did this after Christ converted me and it broadens your outlook.

“Children, obey your parents in the Lord: for this is right. Honour thy father and mother; (which is the first commandment with promise, That it may be well with thee, and thou mayest live long on the earth. And, ye fathers, provoke not your children to wrath: but bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord.” (Ephesians 6:1–4)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Acolyte

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
volunteer for mission work maybe
something the fam will approve that will also broaden your contacts and horizons
ok then you have made your choice already i guess
the Son of Man has no place to lay His head

Reactions: Acolyte and Dave L

djstav

Sep 9, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
i am feeling trapped because i am want to be a christian but i know that if i tell my grandparents that i want to be a christian they'll shun me. i know it's not their fault and it's simply the watchtower but i don't want to lose my grandparents. i want to become christian cause i feel like the jws are wrong on most cases but if i do declare that i want to be a non jw christian they will call me an apostate and push me aside or try to convert me and turn me down.

also i feel like i am trapped due to the pressure to stay a jw but wanting to "break free" from the jw falseness. everyday i am still a jw i feel like i wanna die. i go to kingdom halls and i can't trust the elders. i pray to God and that helps. but i think i won't actually be free until i really find Christ.

i also feel trapped and saddened each day because if i stay in jw and never become an christian. then i'll be sent to hell cause i never repented or find another church to go to and follow the the christian bible.

why is everything so tough for me.

i even have thoughts of suicide,
simply cause of my negative thoughts of going to hell

and not having a will to live.

i hate the watchtower i hate the kingdom hall i hate the meetings.

yet i still go simply cause i want to stay with my grandparents.

i wanted to go back to jw to see what i was missing and feel that life was starting to feel empty with out God. i was never an atheist or agnostic i just slowly stopped going to the jw meetings maybe cause of my great grandfather's death in 2014, or just cause i felt too old for it.

now i found out that the watchtower kept secrets from me kept me away from God.

how can i trust the bible or any christian church, or any christian individual.

every day i felt sadness deep in my heart cause i am jw wanting to be christian and keep telling myself to "don't say anything" "you gonna lose your grandparents" "how can you be a christian and leave jws you just started again" i hate these voice i try to have fun and be happy but i can't i never will till become an actual christian.

can i even trust you people on this thread?

do you guys care what happens to me?

what should i do be a christian and leave the jw faith despite the consequences.

stay a jw and be trapped in a religion you don't even 100% believe in anymore.
How much can you believe anyway? You can only believe & believe some more, there's no end to believing when you don't actually know something.

Mister Michael

Sep 13, 2018
Florida
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
u don't understand it not easy to live on your own especially when you know nothing at all

Mister Michael

Sep 13, 2018
Florida
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
volunteer for mission work maybe
something the fam will approve that will also broaden your contacts and horizons
ok then you have made your choice already i guess
the Son of Man has no place to lay His head
so it's better i be homeless than have a home

D

Dave L

Do your parents and legal guardians know you are posting to this forum? And are they aware of your feelings? I would talk to them first before talking to complete strangers.

Mister Michael

Sep 13, 2018
Florida
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
Do your parents and legal guardians know you are posting to this forum? And are they aware of your feelings? I would talk to them first before talking to complete strangers.

If my parents knew i was postjng to this forum they'd think i was up to something suspicious. Or would ask me what i was doing on here and i wouldn't come uo with a good enough answer.