i honestly feel trapped.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
That made me smile - my four children are all adults now, but as teenagers they went anywhere but me and their dad if they wanted to talk - to be honest it was as if we spoke a different language to them at times
On the upside, they often came to me first when they got a bit older - we talk the same language now !! ( but sadly they are not believers yet X )
Rita
Keep praying; I'm sure you do; and your open door policy is really great for them, I'm sure!

B

Butterfly

Keep praying; I'm sure you do; and your open door policy is really great for them, I'm sure!
My daughter , my youngest son and me have many debates and discussions about God / Jesus - they claim to be athiest, but the seeds were planted - so within them is alway the opportunity for those seeds to be watered. In all honesty it is Christians and Church that turned them - they grew tired of the judgmental attitudes and hypocracy they saw - I saw the same , but it drew me closer to God and away from religion ( if you know what I mean !! )
Rita

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
My daughter , my youngest son and me have many debates and discussions about God / Jesus - they claim to be athiest, but the seeds were planted - so within them is alway the opportunity for those seeds to be watered. In all honesty it is Christians and Church that turned them - they grew tired of the judgmental attitudes and hypocracy they saw - I saw the same , but it drew me closer to God and away from religion ( if you know what I mean !! )
Rita
Well, once the seed of the Word has been sown, it can be watered with prayer continually day by day... God bless His Word to your family.

Reactions: Acolyte and amadeus

djstav

Sep 9, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
Rita
Atheism is a difficult road to walk, seeing nothing spiritual about life can take it's toll.

djstav

Sep 9, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
Well, once the seed of the Word has been sown, it can be watered with prayer continually day by day... God bless His Word to your family.
Atheist's don't accept prayer as a legitimate function of the universe, you would have to demonstrate how prayer is effective.

djstav

Sep 9, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
The prayers are to God, about atheists; not to atheists, about God.
Yeah I know, but there's no evidence for effective prayer's. Most answered prayer's are just synchronized event's that are highly subjective. The prayer warrior has a habit of forming connections to events that will happen regardless & matching their prayer's to fit the outcome.

B

Butterfly

Yeah I know, but there's no evidence for effective prayer's. Most answered prayer's are just synchronized event's that are highly subjective. The prayer warrior has a habit of forming connections to events that will happen regardless & matching their prayer's to fit the outcome.
Yes this can and does happen, but that doesn't mean prayer is not affective or that God is not working,
Rita

B

Butterfly

Atheism is a difficult road to walk, seeing nothing spiritual about life can take it's toll.
For my son and daughter it actually helps them to think there is nothing beyond us - which I have never personally understood, I am reassured by the opposite , that my life has purpose, value and this life is not all there is.
Interestingly enough they both respect Jesus , and they have always respected my faith and do not see me in the same way they view many other Christians. So something must shine through in how I do things !!!!

B

Butterfly

Sorry Michael , we seem to have digressed and had a chit chat between ourselves xx

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Atheist's don't accept prayer as a legitimate function of the universe, you would have to demonstrate how prayer is effective.
we perceive prayer as supplication to God now, God as Santa Claus, but prayer just meant wish when the KJV was written. So, what is your wish, assuming you have one?

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
For my son and daughter it actually helps them to think there is nothing beyond us - which I have never personally understood, I am reassured by the opposite , that my life has purpose, value and this life is not all there is.
Interestingly enough they both respect Jesus , and they have always respected my faith and do not see me in the same way they view many other Christians. So something must shine through in how I do things !!!!
"The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much." (James 5.16) :)

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Especially when you are surrounded by the invisible spirit world. Denial of reality does take its toll.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I bet! Concrete thinking in an abstract world....

I feel for you, brother

Mister Michael

Sep 13, 2018
Florida
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
Why am i even bothering i know i am just going to get disfellowshipped and probably lose my grandparents. If that's the worse that can happen then maybe i can get out of it sure i will still feel sad and probably cry in the issue. But i know that i have you people on the twitter to help me and i have my family even though theyre not the most Christian family there still my famiy they love me and i love them even if they kick me out i am old enough to find a job i might not have my license but i have my permit and i can keep practing until i take the test in april and hopefully pass. I will still love my grandparents and my parents. I hope they never comes but if that happens it happens.