I Like This Man

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
False prophet-- suckering suckers for $75-$250 per Christianity course.

Wow…I’ve never listened to any short videos of his.
He mentions it again in this one - that there are layers, or levels, of righteousness and Justice.
Ive not yet listened to all of the videos I can get my hands on of his on YouTube to see if he ever takes that into any depth, but it’s what Epi talks about a lot. So this man saw it and sees it but Epi has been given to be able to competently explain it.

I know you put this video up to mock him but…I almost feel I should thank you because I hadn’t found this one yet!

I had noted, many months ago, that there was always so much good to grab for, much, much more than I was ever aware of before I was weaned. That every place my feet took me in a day, that every place my eyes settled, whether I saw a working with or a working against, whether I saw a working to build or a working to tear down, it doesn’t matter to God, He can use it all to teach me and that if I take a deep breath and remind myself to just remain expectant and in His peace and wait there, I will always see Him, even in the most unlikely places. It’s like something I once read from some old saint who said something like this: Joseph would have never been as blessed as he was had his brothers actually been kind to him instead of having evil intentions towards him. It leaves me speechless. I know how many times I’ve read that He works all things to the good of those who love Him and are called and that darkness can never overcome light, but it’s never really understood by reading it as it is by actually seeing it occur in real time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy

Gospel Believer

Aug 2, 2019
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But the KJV was not available in Paul's or the apostles' timeframe, so this endorsement of the KJV is nothing short of a lie, because they never had the KJV to use while they were alive. LOL

I hit “ like” on that because I thought everybody was in on a joke that should have been obvious...

Also, when I saw the title of this thread , I thought it was going to be about ME.....I was disappointed....lol....

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I hit “ like” on that because I thought everybody was in on a joke that should have been obvious...

Also, when I saw the title of this thread , I thought it was going to be about ME.....I was disappointed....lol....
You’ve given me a laugh with your…I don’t know what kind of humor you call it, but I don’t see it often and it catches me by surprise and always makes me lose it a little bit. :)

Gospel Believer

Aug 2, 2019
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You’ve given me a laugh with your…I don’t know what kind of humor you call it, but I don’t see it often and it catches me by surprise and always makes me lose it a little bit. :)

Self Depreciation? Lol.....you have a razor sharp wit yourself....I bragged on it in another post....you have a way with ridiculing jack - asses....I would not want to be the object of your wrath....lol...

I like Amigo , but the number that you did on him was hilarious I must admit....

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Self Depreciation? Lol.....you have a razor sharp wit yourself....I bragged on it in another post....you have a way with ridiculing jack - asses....I would not want to be the object of your wrath....lol...
Yes, that’s it, self deprecating humor!
It’s not wrath though. It is ridiculing, but it’s to…try to knock someone out of ridiculous pretense and into simple honesty. I know it appears as being mean to many, but it’s to try to push someone away from the sleepwalk and habit of guile we are all born into and toward authenticity. Away from a repeating script. I can watch a movie if I want to see acting.
Once a man sees that walking in truthfulness is actually freeing, he will immediately begin to insist on walking in it. He will realize that it’s great relief to no longer have a reputation to always display and meticulously protect.

Last edited:

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I like Amigo , but the number that you did on him was hilarious I must admit....
I didn’t intend for it to be hilarious at his expense. I intended it to be a “wake up!”

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s strange, but every single time I listen to the above video I seem to wring more out of it.
Listening again to where he says:
if you are manifesting flesh it is impossible that you are pleasing God. If you manifest the flesh, you are working against God and are actually His enemy. It is only when you manifest the Spirit that you please Him.

Ive been struggling for the last few days with how to approach someone who is displaying the flesh, which is to manifest satan. My struggle with it is because I know how long I myself struggled with sorrow and disgust that I often was led by and often manifested flesh by resentments and angers and piques of fury. And I wish someone had helped me but I was pretty much alone in the struggle because everyone else had the same problem as me that they were stuck in.

ive been having a difficult time trying to determine if someone is knowingly manifesting and they just don’t care or have any sorrow over it OR if they are not aware they are manifesting flesh, which is to be manipulated by Satan, through your flesh, and to then manifest him, but to be unaware that’s what is happening.

I want to be careful because I remember how painful and awful it was for me and how He finally blessed me by weaning me from my flesh, and until He did, I was helpless against it. It just ruled me mercilessly. My hidden motivations were almost ALWAYS resentment and anger and pride once my flesh got stirred up.

So I don’t want to be rough with another who, just like me, can’t help it from happening. But I can’t seem to help being rough with someone who doesn’t seem to have a bit of sorrow or distress over how they are damaging and tearing down and preventing any peace or unity.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I like what Pastor Chuck would say, "err on the side of grace".

Much love!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Much love!
I take that to be you saying…err on the side of mercifulness. But what does that LOOK like? Does it look like…just ignoring them and letting them ruin every thread that they run around and enter, throwing around their flesh, which then stirs up the flesh of five more who were previously having good conversation and sharing?
That doesn’t strike me as showing them (or others) mercy.
Shouldn’t they be opposed to their face for catching away others into such disturbance in the hopes that they might see what they’re doing and stop it? And yet, if you do it, everyone shrieks oh how mean, how arrogant! Not that I care what men think of me. I just want to not do any damage to others.

Last edited:
Reactions: marks

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Much love!
LOL. Teaching people to err in one side or another shows how balance is not believed to be achievable by those who ...somehow...are in leadership positions. very sad indeed. :oops:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL. Teaching people to err in one side or another shows how balance is not believed to be achievable by those who ...somehow...are in leadership positions. very sad indeed. :oops:
1 Corinthians 13:4-7 KJV
4) Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,
5) Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;
6) Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;
7) Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.

I don't think it's sad.

You do realize, right, that I'm not saying Chuck instructed us to make mistakes. Yes?

Do you hold out hope that those with whom you've had issues with, that those issues could be resolved with a good response? A good dialog? I do. And if I'm wrong, I'm wrong.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I take that to be you saying…err on the side of mercifulness. But what does that LOOK like?
It looks like not taking offense, it looks like being patient, it looks like remaining hopeful for a better outcome. Just some of my thoughts. It looks like not posting a negative reply, to be always trying to give a gift, regardless of how much others snarl.

There comes a point to walk away. How sensitive is your trigger, though? I see mercy being to not retribute something that you don't like, I see grace as being to not even consider whether you like it or not. That is, to not even see it as an offense.

Much love!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I honestly think the man marks was talking about might have been meaning something like, if you are in some doubt about how to proceed, keep yourself safe by, even if you err unknowingly, erring in showing too much mercy to others rather than not enough, since He shows mercy to the merciful.
Im taking a break from forum for a day or two. It’s getting too weird.

Last edited:
Reactions: marks and Episkopos

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I honestly think the man marks was talking about might have been meaning something like, if you are in some doubt about how to proceed, keep yourself safe by, even if you err unknowingly, erring in showing too much mercy to others rather than not enough, since He shows mercy to the merciful.
Exactly!!!!!! Thank you!

:vgood:

Much love!

Reactions: Nancy

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Im taking a break from forum for a day or two. It’s getting too weird.
I got that. :) But if we look at the way grace is being used...even that is way out in left field. There are people now who throw out God's word in the OT...because "it doesn't look like Jesus"....not realizing that Jesus IS the One speaking very often.

So it is a crisis of reality...moving further and further away from the truth by a bent or leaning towards permissiveness.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are people now who throw out God's word in the OT...because "it doesn't look like Jesus"....not realizing that Jesus IS the One speaking very often.
Well, that's not at all descriptive of Pastor Chuck. Not in the slightest, really.

@stunnedbygrace was correct . . . Blessed are the merciful, for they will receive mercy.

Much love!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Well, that's not at all descriptive of Pastor Chuck. Not in the slightest, really.

@stunnedbygrace was correct . . . Blessed are the merciful, for they will receive mercy.

Much love!
Whatever the case...teaching people to err on whatever side is still error. When walking on a high wire, falling off either side of the wire is still falling off.

We can't take spiritual things in a whimsical way....and be taken seriously by God.

A false balance is abomination with God ( a stacked balance) . And what is highly esteemed by men is abomination with God.

So I must disagree with any promotion of error.

Phinehas killed people that were transgressing the law (not erring on the side of grace) and was rewarded by God...who IMPUTED his act as coming from righteousness (exact same wording as for Abraham).

Cursed is he that keeps his sword from blood.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Whatever the case...teaching people to err on whatever side is still error. When walking on a high wire, falling off either side of the wire is still falling off.

We can't take spiritual things in a whimsical way....and be taken seriously by God.

A false balance is abomination with God ( a stacked balance) . And what is highly esteemed by men is abomination with God.

So I must disagree with any promotion of error.

Phinehas killed people that were transgressing the law (not erring on the side of grace) and was rewarded by God...who IMPUTED his act as coming from righteousness (exact same wording as for Abraham).

Cursed is he that keeps his sword from blood.
I don't think you are seeing the spirit of this.

There's no promotion of error. Its a matter of how you position yourself to act. No need to assume the Holy Spirit doesn't still lead us. There are many who are positioned to be judgmental. Jesus is the True Judge, we don't have all the information. OK, I've said what I will on this.

Much love!

Last edited: