I note that Brother Copeland and Jesse Duplantis is on the minds of some here.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The Holy Spirit can use Christians to lead people to Jesus, but only Jesus can save. But I would not label Copeland or Duplantis as false as I keep saying that's up to God to decide.

And we could bring Joel Osteen into this topic if we wanted to, and use Osteen as an example. We cannot say Holy Spirit has not used Joel Osteen to lead anyone to Jesus, as he leads many around the world every Sunday in the Salvation Prayer leading them to Jesus. So people do get led to Jesus by flicking on some Tele-evangelist on TV. So we got to be very careful to judge them.

I fear God enough to stay away from putting labels like that on any Christian preacher.

I do fear for people who claim the authority to bind illness or command the weather.
To publically speak words against covid19 so it would totally disappear, and then for nothing to happen, suggests the words are delusion.

If someone who is so pompous to claim this authority and fail, why should anyone accept anything else they say.
They are not speaking from the Lord with His authority, while claiming they do.

covid19 could well be a judgement on the obese, self indulgent, sloughful world of excessive wealth we now live in.
How many believers have cried out in repentance and mercy for God to lift His hand of judgement?
We are in His hands, and He commands everything, and by His grace both sinners and saints are blessed.
But for how much longer?

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Copeland is hated because so many are afraid a church member might send him $5.00 and they not get it!!===SAD!!

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A "wise" person would not insult, mock, scoff and attack another man's family to his face and in front of others else he might get his nose busted so why be so foolish as to do that to Almighty God and think there will be no cost?? Those that trashed Moses were swallowed when the earth opened under their feet.
Then those who rebelled against the Catholic Church are doomed.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do fear for people who claim the authority to bind illness or command the weather.
To publically speak words against covid19 so it would totally disappear, and then for nothing to happen, suggests the words are delusion.

If someone who is so pompous to claim this authority and fail, why should anyone accept anything else they say.
They are not speaking from the Lord with His authority, while claiming they do.

covid19 could well be a judgement on the obese, self indulgent, sloughful world of excessive wealth we now live in.
How many believers have cried out in repentance and mercy for God to lift His hand of judgement?
We are in His hands, and He commands everything, and by His grace both sinners and saints are blessed.
But for how much longer?
I wonder why Texas got hit by tornadoes. Why didn't Copeland prevent them?

Reactions: FollowHim

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Holy Spirit can use Christians to lead people to Jesus, but only Jesus can save. But I would not label Copeland or Duplantis as false as I keep saying that's up to God to decide.
Yes, it is God's Judgment. He Decided. He made known His Judgment. (over and over)
It is clear in His Word.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then those who rebelled against the Catholic Church are doomed.
The Catholic Church is lost. THose who fall into the pit with it are doomed. This was proven again and again at the beginning of the Reformation,
and for hundreds of years before the Reformation, and ever since then.
See Charles Chiniquoy Fifty Years in the Church of Rome, and Keith Green Chronicles. And Catholic teaching/ catechism. All show the apostatsy of the Church (if it can be called 'falling away'), since they were not in Christ to begin.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Job, the most God-like man on earth, was also the wealthiest (Job 1:3). Abraham prospered with land and cattle (Gen. 13:2). Solomon asked God for wisdom and got wisdom and great wealth (2 Chron. 1:11–12). Nicodemus and Joseph of Arimathea, both influential and moneyed men, secured a burial site for Jesus (John 19:38–42). Never once does Scripture condemn these and others for being rich. In fact, Scripture seems to say that “living large” is feature of God’s world untarnished by sin and corruption. History started in an extravagant paradise, and will end in an extravagant city with many mansions, precious gems everywhere, and streets paved with gold.
Jesus Loves Rich People
You keep repeating yourself. Have you convinced yourself yet?

No one is saying having money is evil. It's how you go about getting it that can cause problems. We see Abraham declining to take even a shoe latchet on one occaison. We also see him being generous with Lot and Melchizedek.

What about Nicodemus and Joseph of Arimathea? Did you think they valued money or people more? I'd say they were glad to spend money to help others. How can you compare Copeland to these people? There are ministries which do do charity work instead of piling up treasures for themselves.

Do we ever see any of these saints in the Bible peddling religion in exchange for money? Did Peter take money from Simon Magus?

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some weeks as many as 10 church meetings in 10 cities all over the USA in one week plus some all over the world =Copeland and Jesse word hard. and you??

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Greedy is never godly.
False Gospel , ten thousand times a week, is ten thousand times more souls deceived.
With you.

Reactions: Marymog

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know there are false signs and wonders too many Christians aren't aware to it, they are only there to deceive and lead people astray, this is found by people seeking counsel from wrong spirits and false gods, I am aware that there is witchcraft. There is one thing the dark side cannot do though, they cannot raise the dead!, and they cannot do as good as our Lord Jesus. Notice Pharoah's Magicians were only able to re-produce changing staffs into snakes and 2 signs from memory, and that was by the powers of darkness.
What about the beast who receives the deadly wound and gets brought back to life?

I've been around and studied all kinds of religions and philosophies. I've never been around someone who died, so I never tried to resurrect someone myself; but I daresay I think I could teach almost anyone how to do it if the dead person hadn't been dead that long -- provided he wanted to come back. (I wouldn't teach someone this however unless I trusted him a lot. It might take months to teach him too.) The question may be how long someone needs to be dead? Jesus astonished people by resurrecting Lazarus after three days.

In saying that I also believe if you are praying to the Lord Jesus, you will only get real signs, wonders and miracles from God.

Some caution may be in order. Not everyone who calls Jesus Lord knows him. That confession with the lips? It must be done with a "new tongue." We learn from James that we cannot tame our own tongues. God must tame them for us and will do it if we are willing to let Him. The man with an impure tongue mouth words which don't mean a thing. If he has a wrong idea about Jesus, he can receive a spirit of antichrist, not Christ. It depends on the sincerity of the heart. God is not mocked. Those who approach Jesus with impure motives will not be saved. They can pray to Jesus all day long, they may even be able to perform miracles -- people can deceive themselves easily enough if they dare to think they can con God and deceive Him by lies coming from a deceitful heart.

There are some men with such foul tongues -- like the forked tongue of the serpent -- that even when they mouth good words, hidden poison lies hidden within. Laban had considerable prophetic abilities. I reckon him to be one of histories most gifted prophets; but he went wrong. God warned him not to say anything either good or bad.

Genesis 31:24 And God came to Laban the Syrian in a dream by night, and said unto him, Take heed that thou speak not to Jacob either good or bad.

If Laban said something good, there would still be poison concealed with his words -- a hidden curse. One thing that does distress me a little about Pentecostals is they often read "new tongues" to mean "other languages." It could mean that, yes, but does it? Or does it mean that Christians receive pure tongues and pure lips as Isaiah did so that both cursing and blessing do not come from the same tongue?

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“Doom to him who builds palaces but bullies people, who makes a fine house but destroys lives, Who cheats his workers and won’t pay them for their work, Who says, ‘I’ll build me an elaborate mansion with spacious rooms and fancy windows. I’ll bring in rare and expensive woods and the latest in interior decor.’ So, that makes you a king— living in a fancy palace?.........

“But you’re blind and brainless. All you think about is yourself, Taking advantage of the weak, bulldozing your way, bullying victims.”
Some weeks as many as 10 church meetings in 10 cities all over the USA

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Copeland may be the reason God sent a curse on Texas.....

Revelation 2:20 But I have this against you: You tolerate ...

Revelation 2:20 But I have this against you: You tolerate that woman Jezebel, who calls herself a prophetess. By her teaching she misleads My servants to be sexually immoral and to eat food sacrificed to idols.
But I have this against you: You tolerate that woman Jezebel, who calls herself a prophetess, and by her teaching deceives my servants to commit sexual immorality and to eat food sacrificed to idols. New Heart English Bible But I have this against you, that you tolerate the woman, Jezebel, who calls herself a prophetess.

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No need to seek just accept what God gives=healing and prosperity!
IF he gives it sure. Still "consider all things as His, nothing as your own" (ACTS, etc) ....

ACCEPT GOD'S WORD that exposes the false gospel preachers TOO, or ten million dollars won't be enough to get out of jail (judgment).

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think Ken has a do...y l.n. to G.d it keeps cut.ing out. I am glad Elijah never suffered from this problem.
LOL :D Remember Tony Perkins? He said that God sends natural disasters to punish gays. Then his house got destroyed by a flood.

Flood destroys home of Christian lobbyist who preaches God sends natural disasters to punish gays

A flood has destroyed the home of a Christian lobbyist who preached that God sends natural disasters to punish gays.

President of the controversial Christian group Family Research Council, Tony Perkins, described a deluge of “near biblical proportions” hitting his Louisiana home.

Reactions: FollowHim

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just why did God destroy sodom and gomorrah.... ? And the whole world in the world wide flood ?

Today? Today is nothing compared to what's coming.