I note that Brother Copeland and Jesse Duplantis is on the minds of some here.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But don't the blessings of Abraham still apply for today?
Always go by what is written in Scripture,

and not what the false prophets or those who bring the false gospel say.

A curse , always, on the false prophets, and accursed is everyone who brings a false gospel.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Always go by what is written in Scripture,

and not what the false prophets or those who bring the false gospel say.

A curse , always, on the false prophets, and accursed is everyone who brings a false gospel.

About the blessings of Abraham found this in the NT with a quick Google Search.

Acts 3:25-26
It is you who are the sons of the prophets and of the covenant which God made with your fathers, saying to Abraham, ‘And in your seed all the families of the earth shall be blessed.’ For you first, God raised up His Servant and sent Him to bless you by turning every one of you from your wicked ways.”

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God raised up His Servant and sent Him to bless you by turning every one of you from your wicked ways.
God raised up His Servant and sent Him to bless you by turning every one of you from your wicked ways.

Reactions: Josho

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Very good then

I will have to do more research on Abraham's blessings when I get home.

But what about this verse? If we are Abraham's descendents, shouldn't we be able to receive the blessings of Abraham too?

Galatians 3:29
And if you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s descendants, heirs according to promise.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will have to do more research on Abraham's blessings when I get home.
i.e. , as in the previous post: Abraham is the Father of FAITH. Faith, not prosperity as in false gospel today.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
i.e. , as in the previous post: Abraham is the Father of FAITH. Faith, not prosperity as in false gospel today.

Oh he was also blessed with prosperity too. Faith in God came first though of course.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh he was also blessed with prosperity too. Faith in God came first though of course.
It went right over your head.

I did not say God did not prosper him.

Abraham is NOT the Father of prosperity. Especially not the false prosperity gospel rampant today everywhere.

Abraham IS THE FATHER OF FAITH.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And I will say it is possible to be blessed both spiritually and financially.
Also note: copeland is not only, and not mainly even, wrong due to his false prosperity wof stuff,
but because he openly embraced and continues from and with the false gospel , totally false gospel, in his own videos and broadcasts, as posted earlier.

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Job, the most God-like man on earth, was also the wealthiest (Job 1:3). Abraham prospered with land and cattle (Gen. 13:2). Solomon asked God for wisdom and got wisdom and great wealth (2 Chron. 1:11–12). Nicodemus and Joseph of Arimathea, both influential and moneyed men, secured a burial site for Jesus (John 19:38–42). Never once does Scripture condemn these and others for being rich. In fact, Scripture seems to say that “living large” is feature of God’s world untarnished by sin and corruption. History started in an extravagant paradise, and will end in an extravagant city with many mansions, precious gems everywhere, and streets paved with gold.
Jesus Loves Rich People

Reactions: Josho

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Also note: copeland is not only, and not mainly even, wrong due to his false prosperity wof stuff,
but because he openly embraced and continues from and with the false gospel , totally false gospel, in his own videos and broadcasts, as posted earlier.

How about this, I do not see anything wrong about the first 3 minutes of this video, and he even admits he has flaws as a human being.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Job, the most God-like man on earth, was also the wealthiest (Job 1:3). Abraham prospered with land and cattle (Gen. 13:2). Solomon asked God for wisdom and got wisdom and great wealth (2 Chron. 1:11–12). Nicodemus and Joseph of Arimathea, both influential and moneyed men, secured a burial site for Jesus (John 19:38–42). Never once does Scripture condemn these and others for being rich. In fact, Scripture seems to say that “living large” is feature of God’s world untarnished by sin and corruption. History started in an extravagant paradise, and will end in an extravagant city with many mansions, precious gems everywhere, and streets paved with gold.
Jesus Loves Rich People

There you go @Joseph77, 2 Biblical Joseph's have been mentioned now that had quite a bit of wealth. Hehehe :D

As for blessings of Abraham I will have a deeper look into it.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There you go @Joseph77, 2 Biblical Joseph's have been mentioned now that had quite a bit of wealth. Hehehe :D

As for blessings of Abraham I will have a deeper look into it.
The prosperity of those God prospered is not the topic , or should not be, today.

The false gospels, false teachings, that are promoted by gysm and others, that is a problem, a huge problem.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Joseph77

As far as prosperity goes, is every Christian blessed financially? Certainly not. But every Christian can be blessed spiritually, spiritual gifts and with treasures in Heaven.

There will be no poverty in Heaven.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Joseph77

As far as prosperity goes, is every Christian blessed financially? Certainly not. But every Christian can be blessed spiritually, spiritual gifts and with treasures in Heaven.

There will be no false prophets in Heaven, and no false gospel bringers either.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Joseph77

There will be Christians that were rich or poor, strong or weak here on earth in Heaven.