I note that Brother Copeland and Jesse Duplantis is on the minds of some here.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
These men are entertainers, nothing more.
The reason they have such a large following is due to the large number of blind in this world,, which includes many on this forum.
Odd that you said that. I was showing someone else (not on this forum) some of those clips I posted; and I asked if he thought they could be serious. Could the congregation think they were serious? Or was it all about being amusing and being amused?

If the people in the congregation were taking things seriously, how could they be so blind? I can't say I know for sure; but my theory is they want to be blind. We haven't even touched on more outrageous "ministers" like Ernest Angley and Robert Tilton.

Reactions: Waiting on him

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please stop hurling wild accusations like this. Stop making things up as if you can read minds or are some cheap psychic. I do not make a lot of money and still manage to accomplish some good with what I've been given. I deliver newspapers -- and that income has been declining. I also used to deliver pizzas but haven't for a few months now. I may start that again. Between the income from papers and Social Security, I haven't been adding much lately to the Kiva account. I live in a house where the mortgage payment was $250 a month -- and now it's paid off. I never bought a new car in my life, preferring cheaper used ones. I am not envious of other people. I've been around rich people, know what they're like. I know their material possessions don't make them happy. In a way I do regret never being rich however since if I was rich I could afford to do more charity; but I've managed to do some. Check out my profile at Kiva if you want. Lender > Kerry from Carlisle, PA, United States | Kiva

Check out who I lend to. It delights me to lend to people. When they pay back their loans (if they do), the money gets lent to someone else. You've no idea what you're talking about. I lent once to a man in Yemen who needed a solar power unit so his children could study at night. I knew there was the possibility that the war would affect him, that he might not be able to pay it back. I lent to him anyway, thinking, "If I don't do it, who will?" The war must have hit him. He didn't pay it back. I felt sorry for him, not myself. It also meant I had less money to lend to someone else. I like to lend to Muslims too since I think it helps them feel that Christians don't hate them. Maybe my loans to Muslims will help ease those tensions between Islam and Christianity . . . just a little.

Then there was the woman (I think it was a woman) in the Philippines. The island she lived on got hit by a hurricane. I was amazed she was able to repay the loan. Her honesty impressed me. I asked God to bless her; and I was also grateful to get the money back since then I could lend it again.

Have you ever allowed a homeless person to live with you? I have, more than once. So spare me the accusatory sermons. This thread was allegedly about Copeland and Duplantis. If you want to discuss "works", why not discuss the jets and mansions? Are those good works? You cannot defend such excess, so you attack me and others as a distraction. Somehow you've managed to turn it into an ugly discussion about me, Mary and perhaps some other members by calling names. Why not stay on topic? Why make things personal?

Why not discuss how these people flaunt their wealth? Is that a "good work"? I think not.
Well done.

Reactions: Giuliano

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Odd that you said that. I was showing someone else (not on this forum) some of those clips I posted; and I asked if he thought they could be serious. Could the congregation think they were serious? Or was it all about being amusing and being amused?

If the people in the congregation were taking things seriously, how could they be so blind? I can't say I know for sure; but my theory is they want to be blind. We haven't even touched on more outrageous "ministers" like Ernest Angley and Robert Tilton.
It's the religious machine, I can't tell you how many times I've heard the account of the widow woman in Mark used by these creeps to solicit people but if you only back up a few verses Jesus tells us what the objective of this group is.. too devour,,,,, not to edify.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No wonder their primary victim is the widow, she's the most vulnerable. She has no man to lead so she looks to one who appears to have some sort of authority or position with God as to sustain her. What's even more pathetic is when they endorse one another by claiming discernment when they along with the young men on this forum can't even discern the color of the sky.

This is my judgement....

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've seen this one before Kerry.

All I can say is...as you know , I am 78 but my memory is not addled enough to forget all my dating years and early married life of "being groped "...what is on this video is not a grope by any stretch of the imagination. :D
He doesn't even contact her boobs ...

I do not like him at all...but just saying ..nah, can't agree on this one..
You are more easy going than I am. I admit his hands weren't "cupping" and "caressing" her breasts; but they were there, and for no discernible good reason that I could see. I don't think the line gets drawn with fondling. Ever hear the song, "Don't you feel my leg"? Two passages come to mind:

1 Corinthians 7:1 Now concerning the things whereof ye wrote unto me: It is good for a man not to touch a woman.

1 Thessalonians 5:22 Abstain from all appearance of evil.

One thing I found commendable about Billy Graham was how he never allowed himself in a situation where something "bad" might happen. If he met with a woman, the door to his office was always open so people passing by could see nothing bad was happening. If she or he had had a bad thought, that open door would be saying not to try to act on it; and it also protected his reputation so that no one could lodge false accusations about him. If someone is a minister of God, he doesn't need false accusations since they can hurt his ministry. I think Graham was more interested in protecting his ministry than his reputation.

Duplantis seems to enjoy pushing the limits to see how far he can get. I didn't find his remarks about underwear that falls down the least bit amusing. If he doesn't want to expose himself by accident, get underwear that won't fall down. Both of those cases show disrespect for women in my book -- and making the joke about the overweight woman did too. I think he has a flawed idea of what it is to be a Christian man. While we all may have our flaws, we don't need to exhibit them from the pulpit.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's the religious machine, I can't tell you how many times I've heard the account of the widow woman in Mark used by these creeps to solicit people but if you only back up a few verses Jesus tells us what the objective of this group is.. too devour,,,,, not to edify.
Do you remember when Robert Tilton got investigated by a news program? They found prayer requests in his garbage bin. People opened the mail, kept the checks and threw the prayer requests into the trash.

Things are backwards. Christians are supposed to help take care of widows, not prey on them.

Reactions: Helen

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you remember when Robert Tilton got investigated by a news program? They found prayer requests in his garbage bin. People opened the mail, kept the checks and threw the prayer requests into the trash.

Things are backwards. Christians are supposed to help take care of widows, not prey on them.
Couldn't agree more, but for most a lie is always more seductive than the truth.

Reactions: Helen and Giuliano

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Any idea on the dollar amount?

Nope, Giuliano.

He would get attacked either way though, either for not being generous enough or for blowing his trumpet telling everyone how much he has given, you cannot win with public perception when you are in Kenneth's position, in my opinion he is in a tricky position.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nope, Giuliano.

He would get attacked either way though, either for not being generous enough or for blowing his trumpet telling everyone how much he has given, you cannot win with public perception when you are in Kenneth's position, in my opinion he is in a tricky position.
People that don't have anything to hide are transparent.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
My point on this, is give silently, the whole world doesn't have to know.

Reactions: Helen

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luke 3:10-11 KJV
And the people asked him, saying, What shall we do then? [11] He answereth and saith unto them, He that hath two coats, let him impart to him that hath none; and he that hath meat, let him do likewise.

I'm no mathematical genius, but this looks like 50% too me.

Would the Copeland's take joyfully the spoiling of their goods?

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nope, Giuliano.

He wouldn't need to advertise the amount his church gives. He's willing to take credit for his charity work with the food bank, but then seems reluctant to give the dollar amount?

He could also make church finances a matter of public record. If anyone ever found out what happened to the money raised for relief to Haiti, I be interested in knowing.

February, 2010 Televangelist Kenneth Copeland Blasted for 'Unfulfilled Promises'

Kenneth Copeland Ministries is under fire, mainly by one man, for failing to fly disaster relief supplies to Haiti's earthquake victims after allegedly promising aviation assistance during such crises.

The international organization, which is also under scrutiny by the Senate Finance Committee for possible abuse of its nonprofit status, has been accused of "unfulfilled" pledges and unaccounted donations.

"While there is a huge crisis going on in the nation of Haiti right now Kenneth Copeland's promised Angel Flight 44 ministry is nowhere to be found and the money he collected to start that ministry has not been accounted for," Rich Vermillion, co-author of Angel Flight 44, charges.

It probably won't change unless the government makes him change. I remember when the Vatican shrugged off criticisms about its finances until one day they found people's credit cards wouldn't work at the Vatican. It was amazing how fast they opened their books so people could get a better picture of what was going on.

Reactions: Waiting on him

Candidus

Jan 27, 2020
Kuna
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am. I would want someone to defend me against my haters. Read the title of this post and who this is about. I don't follow the prosperity movement though I am a woman of great faith, but what I do know is the Copelands know the importance of not sinning, and giving to those in need. Their jealous haters are pathetic. Why don't they try standing on the Word of God and believing, rather than publicly speak against those who do?

It is not a matter of defending someone against "haters," but being honest about false teachers and false prophets. According to Scripture, one can be a prophet and speak for God, but the one single time they give a false prophecy in God's name, they are to be stoned. I didn't see that part in Scripture where we are to look back 20 years to their effective prison ministry and say that it is justification to teach false things, make false claims, and to give an obviously erroneous prophecy.

Yes, we should pray for those that fall into error. Copeland has had a lifetime to repent. In the 40 years I have listened to an occasional sermon from him, I early on found much (not all) of what he said to be edifying. I didn't see too many grave errors when I first started listening to him, but in the past 20 years he has only become more dangerously unhinged and unreliable over time. People pray for him, and he only gets worse. My concern and prayers are for the multitudes of people that he has deceived and have been duped by him.

Look at all their good, and ignore the obvious flaws...

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I note that Brother Copeland and Jesse Duplantis is on the minds of some here.
OP ^

It appears to me, Preachers who have gained wealth (as like ANY person who has gained Wealth and in the public eye, are scrutinized and criticized.)

When...the public criticizes Another having Wealth...
1) How their Wealth is Gained...
2) What the Wealthy Do...with their wealth...

It's really nobody's business...Unless, the one criticizing, is the one himself who is financially Contributing to the other person's Wealth....THEN..."that person" has the Option to Stop Contributing.

Personally, I do not care Who is Wealthy,
Nor care to put them on the spot to Defend themselves of how they gained Wealth, Nor make it my business to Dictate What "they" should be doing with their Wealth.

Scripture Teaches:
* Don't concern yourself with What an other Has financially gained.
* Personally gained Money and Possessions, will Not be loaded in a U-haul and accompany you to your next Life destination.
* The Only Treasures awaiting a man IN Heaven, are Rewards From God, for having Glorified His Name on Earth.

Personally...I do not care for Copeland's or Duplantis' teaching method/style. Obviously others do. That lands on everyone having FREEWILL to follow after what they individually Choose.

Personally, Whether an other person be friend or foe, known or unknown...
I believe God desires all Believers Committed to the Lord God Almighty to Pray for all men to Hear the Word of God that "they" might also Become Committed Believers IN the Lord God Almighty.

Glory to God,
Taken