I note that Brother Copeland and Jesse Duplantis is on the minds of some here.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank goodness
Oh Mary, I was waiting for you (or some other Catholic) to start bragging about much God loves the Popes. After all, Vatican City is the richest religious institution in the world. If wealth is a sign of God's favor, surely the Pope has everyone else beat hands down.

God must also love the Mormons since they're number three. Who's number two? Oh, the Supreme Leader in Iran. God must love him a lot too.

Reactions: Helen

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why wasn't it kept a secret then? Why were we told the amount of money given to other charitable projects? Oh yes, give that hospital $25,000 while we spend millions on a jet -- and have a huge pile of wealth personally.

All the private planes of televangelist Kenneth Copeland

If your pastor owns a private jet, you should find a new church. And if your favorite televangelist says he can’t fly commercial because a public airplane is “a long tube with a bunch of demons,” well, why are we still talking about this?

Yet, somehow, this needs to be said, considering televangelist and scammer Kenneth Copeland still has a large following and a net worth of $760 million. Did I mention that he owns three jets thanks to his distaste for demons?

Why advertise the project to help Haiti and then never have it happen?

What I can see is large amounts of money being spent on jets and houses. They're not ashamed to let people know how much they cost. When I see them hiding the amounts donated to charity, it looks like a racket to me.

It matters to me when churches may be violating the law for one thing. Currently the LDS church is being investigated by the IRS. I think that's a good thing. Churches are given tax-free status because they're supposed to be charitable organizations. When I see so much wealth with so little evidence of charity, I wonder if they might be more of a money making racket than a charity. It matters since that means everyone else's taxes are higher.

Our government requires it, so it has become a part of public record. However, that isn't the heart of the Copelands. They don't hoard, no matter what you believe. Yes, they have been blessed, but it is because we can't out give God.
10 Bring all the tithes into the storehouse,
That there may be food in My house,
And try Me now in this,”
Says the Lord of hosts,
“If I will not open for you the windows of heaven
And pour out for you such blessing
That there will not be room enough to receive it.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Our government requires it, so it has become a part of public record. However, that isn't the heart of the Copelands. They don't hoard, no matter what you believe. Yes, they have been blessed, but it is because we can't out give God.
And try Me now in this,”
Says the Lord of hosts,
I wager you don't even know what the tithe was.

Reactions: Waiting on him

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh Mary, I was waiting for you (or some other Catholic) to start bragging about much God loves the Popes. After all, Vatican City is the richest religious institution in the world. If wealth is a sign of God's favor, surely the Pope has everyone else beat hands down.

God must also love the Mormons since they're number three. Who's number two? Oh, the Supreme Leader in Iran. God must love him a lot too.

That's called hoarding. That is not what the Copeland's are doing.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can say this with a straight face after the slew of sex scandals Pentecostal ministers have been in?

Not just Pentecostal ministers though is it. Satan targets ministers period. There are some denominations whose pulpits are full of homosexuals and pedophiles.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wager you don't even know what the tithe was.

Why do you judge me to be stupid of the Word of God. Malachi 3:10 is actually according to Deuteronomy 14:22-29. Did you know that? See I ask, I don't presume or wager to judge falsely.

Last edited:

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Oh Giuliano, I was waiting for someone to take a disgusting and ignorant swipe at The Church which is internationally recognized as running the largest network of charitable organizations.

The Vatican has approximately $1 billion in total assets. For comparison, Harvard University’s endowment is over $30 billion. So, relatively speaking, the Catholic Church is not really wealthy, and no one blames museums for maintaining their art work and structures just like the Church does.

It’s sad that YOU had to take the first swipe.

Hey Giuliano....how much did Harvard give to charity?

Reactions: CharismaticLady

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do you judge me to be stupid of the Word of God. Malachi 3:10 is actually according to Deuteronomy 14:22-29. Did you know that? See I ask, I don't presume or wager to judge falsely.
No, really now, I still don't think you know what the tithe was. Emphatically I daresay most Pentecostals wouldn't agree to spending it on "strong drink" as Deuteronomy says is acceptable.
Not just Pentecostal ministers though is it. Satan targets ministers period. There are some denominations whose pulpits are full of homosexuals and pedophiles.
I brought it after you threw the first stone, saying, "The majority of people against any Pentecostal sect have turned grace into licentiousness. They haven't." The way you worded that make it sound as Pentecostal ministers were pure as the driven snow. I could name names with the Pentecostal ministers who like flings with other men. Why would you accuse non-Pentecostals of licentiousness when we have Pentecostal ministers who are given to lust? What about the guy who founded Hillsong, Frank Houston. He liked little boys. You tell me how many people at Hillsong had the spiritual gift of discernment. Please drop the act of Pentecostals being superior.

Why was PM Morrison of Australia silent about how Frank's son and Morrison's mentor, helped cover that up at Hillsong?

Why is Scott Morrison protecting Hillsong Pastor Brian Houston?

The PM remains mute as his mentor, Pentecostal Pastor Brian Houston, is investigated for covering up child sexual abuse but demands Muslim leaders take responsibility for their communities' criminal behaviour, writes Dr Jennifer Wilson.

IN HIS MAIDEN SPEECH, current Prime Minister Scott Morrison referred to evangelical Christian and Hillsong Church leader, Brian Houston, as his “mentor”.

The Prime Minister thanked Houston for his support and encouragement.

While Morrison no longer attends Hillsong, he does attend Horizon — another Pentecostal church that along with Hillsong is affiliated with Australian Christian Churches, the Australian branch of the Assemblies of God.

No I'm not kidding. They don't make idols of the things of this earth. That is why Copeland gives away his planes. They are very generous, not stingy.
So you keep saying, but what I see is wealth and possessions being laid up as treasure. I can't find any evidence Copeland donated planes to anyone except your saying so.

Why do you keep throwing stones when you are living in a glass house?

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
hmmm..... send me $30 trillion dollars, and I will gladly give $30 billion dollars to whoever you want it to go to.

Reactions: Helen

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The vatcan is wealthy beyond belief - far far far more than a measly few billion.....

The phamakei and the queen are the other contenders for having more money than god....

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh Giuliano, I was waiting for someone to take a disgusting and ignorant swipe at The Church which is internationally recognized as running the largest network of charitable organizations.

The Vatican has approximately $1 billion in total assets. For comparison, Harvard University’s endowment is over $30 billion. So, relatively speaking, the Catholic Church is not really wealthy, and no one blames museums for maintaining their art work and structures just like the Church does.

It’s sad that YOU had to take the first swipe.

Hey Giuliano....how much did Harvard give to charity?
I was not taking a swipe. I was being ironic. I don't see Catholics preaching the Prosperity Gospel and saying God must love the Pope since the Vatican is so rich. Good for Catholics for not making such an absurd argument. That was my point.

You are mistaken however about the Vatican's assets.

Vatican Inc.: 5 facts about the business of the Catholic Church

The Vatican Bank, which has about $8 billion in assets, has often been at the center of scandal and corruption since it was founded in 1942. Pope Benedict began the process of cleaning the bank up, and Francis has continued that work.

Vatican Bank accounts are only supposed to be held by residents of Vatican City and church personnel. But according to Gerald Posner, a Vatican bank scholar and the author of "God's Bankers," these accounts were often awarded to powerful Italian officials looking to stash money without paying taxes.

The bank closed over 4,000 accounts to weed out corruption and currently has a total of 33,400 accounts.

The bank, formally known as the Institute of Works of Religion, has made progress, but still has a long way to go in becoming more transparent.

I applaud Pope Francis for daring to take this on. I get the feeling he had some powerful opposition. I also like how he has taken action against some bishops when they were given to too much luxury. By taking action, he discourages others who may be tempted. Three cheers for Pope Francis then.

The Vatican is a separate entity from the Vatican bank, and underwent its own clean up last year.

When it released its 2014 financial statements in July, the Vatican said it had more than €1.1 billion ($1.2 billion) in assets that weren't previously on the balance sheet.

The Vatican has two main entities. The Holy See, which governs the Catholic Church and the Vatican City State, which governs Vatican City.

The Holy See reported a deficit of €25.6 million ($27.9 million) in 2014, even though it received over €50 million from the Vatican Bank. Its biggest expense last year was paying its 2,880 employees a total of €126.6 million.

The Vatican City State is responsible for running the Vatican Museums and in 2014 had a surplus of €63.5 million -- nearly double what it was the year before.

Now that covers only the Vatican's assets. Some national churches are also very wealthy as is Opus Dei. Four Catholic organizations are in the list of the ten richest religious organizations.

List of wealthiest organizations - Wikipedia

Catholic Church Germany 2 billion
Catholic Church Australia 3 billion
Opus Dei 2 billion

My point was that we ought not to "judge" others by how much money they have or don't have. If we did that, the Catholics would win hands down. It rather deflates the idea that Prosperity Gospel ministers preach.

Reactions: Marymog

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And try Me now in this,”
Says the Lord of hosts,
That's yesterdays news what is said of the storehouse in the new testament?

Reactions: Candidus

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was not taking a swipe. I was being ironic. I don't see Catholics preaching the Prosperity Gospel and saying God must love the Pope since the Vatican is so rich. Good for Catholics for not making such an absurd argument. That was my point.

You are mistaken however about the Vatican's assets.

Vatican Inc.: 5 facts about the business of the Catholic Church

The Vatican Bank, which has about $8 billion in assets, has often been at the center of scandal and corruption since it was founded in 1942. Pope Benedict began the process of cleaning the bank up, and Francis has continued that work.

Vatican Bank accounts are only supposed to be held by residents of Vatican City and church personnel. But according to Gerald Posner, a Vatican bank scholar and the author of "God's Bankers," these accounts were often awarded to powerful Italian officials looking to stash money without paying taxes.

The bank closed over 4,000 accounts to weed out corruption and currently has a total of 33,400 accounts.

The bank, formally known as the Institute of Works of Religion, has made progress, but still has a long way to go in becoming more transparent.

I applaud Pope Francis for daring to take this on. I get the feeling he had some powerful opposition. I also like how he has taken action against some bishops when they were given to too much luxury. By taking action, he discourages others who may be tempted. Three cheers for Pope Francis then.

The Vatican is a separate entity from the Vatican bank, and underwent its own clean up last year.

When it released its 2014 financial statements in July, the Vatican said it had more than €1.1 billion ($1.2 billion) in assets that weren't previously on the balance sheet.

The Vatican has two main entities. The Holy See, which governs the Catholic Church and the Vatican City State, which governs Vatican City.

The Holy See reported a deficit of €25.6 million ($27.9 million) in 2014, even though it received over €50 million from the Vatican Bank. Its biggest expense last year was paying its 2,880 employees a total of €126.6 million.

The Vatican City State is responsible for running the Vatican Museums and in 2014 had a surplus of €63.5 million -- nearly double what it was the year before.

Now that covers only the Vatican's assets. Some national churches are also very wealthy as is Opus Dei. Four Catholic organizations are in the list of the ten richest religious organizations.

List of wealthiest organizations - Wikipedia

Catholic Church Germany 2 billion
Catholic Church Australia 3 billion
Opus Dei 2 billion

My point was that we ought not to "judge" others by how much money they have or don't have. If we did that, the Catholics would win hands down. It rather deflates the idea that Prosperity Gospel ministers preach.
I should not have used the word swipe

Reactions: Giuliano

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, really now, I still don't think you know what the tithe was. Emphatically I daresay most Pentecostals wouldn't agree to spending it on "strong drink" as Deuteronomy says is acceptable.

So are you going to not tell me what you believe, or just pretend to know more than I do?

I brought it after you threw the first stone, saying, "The majority of people against any Pentecostal sect have turned grace into licentiousness. They haven't."The way you worded that make it sound as Pentecostal ministers were pure as the driven snow. I could name names with the Pentecostal ministers who like flings with other men. Why would you accuse non-Pentecostals of licentiousness when we have Pentecostal ministers who are given to lust? What about the guy who founded Hillsong, Frank Houston. He liked little boys. You tell me how many people at Hillsong had the spiritual gift of discernment. Please drop the act of Pentecostals being superior.

That was a general look at what the Reformation did to corrupt the Church, not that every Protestant church has turned grace into licentiousness. So why take it personally? Too close to home for you? Hiding behind accusations?

So you keep saying, but what I see is wealth and possessions being laid up as treasure.

If they are laying up treasure, why do they keep giving it away?

I see you mention people by name, but those are just individual sinners, and you must admit not by any stretch of the imagination is indicative of the whole. Whereas, the ratio of gay or worse Catholic priests by far outweighs those priests who are straight.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's yesterdays news what is said of the storehouse in the new testament?

The New Covenant is to give out of love. But the nature of God to out give man is still true. Not our wants, but our needs. This is where Pentecostals excel. To believe and stand on the word of God. Many denominations do not believe what is written in blood. They choose the easy grace interpretation of their false teachers to sin and bear no condemnation.