I note that Brother Copeland and Jesse Duplantis is on the minds of some here.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How would you feel if some people attacked your family and called them liars, fake believers and said they were looking to fool people and steal their money? How must God feel? Count the cost.
It wouldn't hurt my feelings. I would feel sorry for them if I knew they were wrong. If my words have hurt your feelings, ask yourself why. I'm not an important person. What I say isn't going to change any facts.

I think God liked it when Jesus called the money grubbing Jewish leaders out.

Open your eyes. You are being duped if you fall for the schemes of money grubbers. Judge the tree by the fruit it bears, not on your emotions or on what you wish they would be.

Luke 6:41 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but perceivest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
42 Either how canst thou say to thy brother, Brother, let me pull out the mote that is in thine eye, when thou thyself beholdest not the beam that is in thine own eye? Thou hypocrite, cast out first the beam out of thine own eye, and then shalt thou see clearly to pull out the mote that is in thy brother's eye.
43 For a good tree bringeth not forth corrupt fruit; neither doth a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
44 For every tree is known by his own fruit. For of thorns men do not gather figs, nor of a bramble bush gather they grapes.

If you cannot see how ministers who want to store up personal wealth are serving mammon, then I say you have a beam in your eye. Don't worry about the mote in mine.

Matthew 7:15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.
21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Last edited:

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
There is a financial motive for it, I think. There also seems to be a kind of blindness when it comes to appreciating nature. I may not live in Israel and was not given land by God; but I can still discern what nature produces has more to do with God making things grow than with my efforts which would amount to nothing without the laws of nature God put in place. Talk about what God can make happen. Talk about grace! We can plant a seed, maybe weed a little, maybe water a little; and look at what God does with that little seed. And all God asked Israel for back was that they share that increase.

Luke 12:27 Consider the lilies how they grow: they toil not, they spin not; and yet I say unto you, that Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.
28 If then God so clothe the grass, which is to day in the field, and to morrow is cast into the oven; how much more will he clothe you, O ye of little faith?

Seeds are planted in the ground. People didn't give seeds to God or to the Levites. They planted the seeds in the dirt; and after God gave the increase, they showed their gratitude. There is a spiritual parallel. When Jesus talked about sowing the seed, it was sowing it in mortal men with earthly bodies. Yet God can provide for that seed planted in the earthly body and create something glorious out of it. Prosperity Gospel ministers say, "Give us money as seed, and God will give you an increase. If you want money, send us money."

Can you find a scripture in the NT that tells God people that they must tithe?? I can't find one anywhere.

In the NT love covered the tithe ..they had all things common so widows and orphans were taken care of , and because of love for God they gave to God ...most probably far above and beyond the OT tenth.
If believers in the NT give a tenth , then they totally missed the truth of giving.

Just my two cents

Reactions: Josho

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can you find a scripture in the NT that tells God people that they must tithe?? I can't find one anywhere.
No, but what Jesus said about tithing always makes me laugh. I visualize someone picking mint leaves and carefully counting them out so he can give a tenth of them away. I wonder if he keeps the big leaves and gives the little ones? Tithing mint is comical if you think about it. Why not grab about half of it and give it away?

In the NT love covered the tithe ..they had all things common so widows and orphans were taken care of , and because of love for God they gave to God ...most probably far above and beyond the OT tenth.
If believers in the NT give a tenth , then they totally missed the truth of giving.

Just my two cents
JI did give away a lot of mint one year. I did it for fun, because someone said she'd use it. The next year, I couldn't find my mint plants. Oh well -- it was fun when I did have it. I also gave some to a woman who lived across the street when I saw her in distress out front getting her mail. There was a spider in her mailbox and she was terrified of spiders. I said I have just the thing -- spiders hate mint.

I think the purpose of that law given by Moses was to teach people the joy they can have in giving and sharing. If you already have that joy, you don't need that law. You will obey it naturally as the Spirit shows you how. I also like how Jesus "tricked" people into better moods by asking them to do favors for him -- people like the woman at the well and Zacchaeus. He could have gotten along fine without those favors -- I think they benefited more than he did.

Reactions: Helen and amadeus

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, but what Jesus said about tithing always makes me laugh. I visualize someone picking mint leaves and carefully counting them out so he can give a tenth of them away. I wonder if he keeps the big leaves and gives the little ones? Tithing mint is comical if you think about it. Why not grab about half of it and give it away?

JI did give away a lot of mint one year. I did it for fun, because someone said she'd use it. The next year, I couldn't find my mint plants. Oh well -- it was fun when I did have it. I also gave some to a woman who lived across the street when I saw her in distress out front getting her mail. There was a spider in her mailbox and she was terrified of spiders. I said I have just the thing -- spiders hate mint.

I think the purpose of that law given by Moses was to teach people the joy they can have in giving and sharing. If you already have that joy, you don't need that law. You will obey it naturally as the Spirit shows you how. I also like how Jesus "tricked" people into better moods by asking them to do favors for him -- people like the woman at the well and Zacchaeus. He could have gotten along fine without those favors -- I think they benefited more than he did.
It's all telling how the religious leaders would focus in on observance of the small things that came at no cost too them, they'd even sip wine through their teeth to catch gnats in observation to the law for a pretence so everyone could see their piety.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's all telling how the religious leaders would focus in on observance of the small things that came at no cost too them, they'd even sip wine through their teeth to catch gnats in observation to the law for a pretence so everyone could see their piety.
Ecclesiastes 1:9 The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How would you feel if some people attacked your family and called them liars, fake believers and said they were looking to fool people and steal their money? How must God feel? Count the cost.
Yes, indeed, count the cost while trusting absolutely in God alone!

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lord tells Jesse," I want you to have a bigger jet to cover all the world" Jesse asks, " How can I ever buy a 60 million dollar jet?" God says, "I never asked you to pay for a bigger jet I asked you to believe Me for it"!! Yes Lord! PTL.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Today's Bible verse is Deuteronomy 18:22 When a prophet speaketh in the name of the LORD, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the LORD hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him.

Feel free to laugh. I did, but maybe I should cry at the sorry state of Christianity. My prayer is for the followers of these false prophets that stop being afraid of them and break out of the spell they are under. Wake up, people! It's fine to pray for something; it's another to prophesy something which then doesn't come to pass.

We hear people talk about the "word of faith." Do they know what they're talking about? I think not.

Romans 10:6 But the righteousness which is of faith speaketh on this wise, Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven? (that is, to bring Christ down from above) ;
7 Or, Who shall descend into the deep? (that is, to bring up Christ again from the dead.)
8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Paul is citing the Old Testament.

Deuteronomy 30:11 For this commandment which I command thee this day, it is not hidden from thee, neither is it far off.
12 It is not in heaven, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go up for us to heaven, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it?
13 Neither is it beyond the sea, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go over the sea for us, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it?
14 But the word is very nigh unto thee, in thy mouth, and in thy heart, that thou mayest do it.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lord tells Jesse," I want you to have a bigger jet to cover all the world" Jesse asks, " How can I ever buy a 60 million dollar jet?" God says, "I never asked you to pay for a bigger jet I asked you to believe Me for it"!! Yes Lord! PTL.
Ha! Jesse told people God wanted him to have this jet, and people who believed it paid for it.

Reactions: Rita and Helen

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Today's Bible verse is Deuteronomy 18:22 When a prophet speaketh in the name of the LORD, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the LORD hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him.

Feel free to laugh. I did, but maybe I should cry at the sorry state of Christianity. My prayer is for the followers of these false prophets that stop being afraid of them and break out of the spell they are under. Wake up, people! It's fine to pray for something; it's another to prophesy something which then doesn't come to pass.

We hear people talk about the "word of faith." Do they know what they're talking about? I think not.

Romans 10:6 But the righteousness which is of faith speaketh on this wise, Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven? (that is, to bring Christ down from above) ;
7 Or, Who shall descend into the deep? (that is, to bring up Christ again from the dead.)
8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Deuteronomy 30:11 For this commandment which I command thee this day, it is not hidden from thee, neither is it far off.
12 It is not in heaven, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go up for us to heaven, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it?
13 Neither is it beyond the sea, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go over the sea for us, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it?
14 But the word is very nigh unto thee, in thy mouth, and in thy heart, that thou mayest do it.
Amen!!! Amen!!!

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ha! Jesse told people God wanted him to have this jet, and people who believed it paid for it.
Here is wisdom,,,,

Proverbs 5:8-13 KJV
Remove thy way far from her, and come not nigh the door of her house: [9] Lest thou give thine honour unto others, and thy years unto the cruel: [10] Lest strangers be filled with thy wealth; and thy labours be in the house of a stranger; [11] And thou mourn at the last, when thy flesh and thy body are consumed, [12] And say, How have I hated instruction, and my heart despised reproof; [13] And have not obeyed the voice of my teachers, nor inclined mine ear to them that instructed me!

Reactions: Giuliano

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

I do believe that we ( Church) have His authority to pray for such things in Jesus Name. Sadly these have a lot of words like bags of wind but without His authority ...we would all be in a much better situation if these prayers had worked.

I guess 'they tried' ...but I do wonder if the prayed at home or just before the TV cameras...we will never know.

A touch of King Canute comes to mind...command as he would, but the seas tide still came in, he could not reverse it.

Reactions: Giuliano

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luke 6:38 Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you."

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luke 6:38 Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you."
I guess that means the people who give money to Duplantis should soon be getting their own jets.

Reactions: Waiting on him

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do believe that we ( Church) have His authority to pray for such things in Jesus Name. Sadly these have a lot of words like bags of wind but without His authority ...we would all be in a much better situation if these prayers had worked.

I guess 'they tried' ...but I do wonder if the prayed at home or just before the TV cameras...we will never know.

A touch of King Canute comes to mind...command as he would, but the seas tide still came in, he could not reverse it.
Canute got carried away by pride, did he not?

The question may be what kind of things do we have the right to pray for? We have discussed this verse from Isaiah before, so I know we agree the KJV is not wrong.

Isa 45:11 Thus saith the LORD, the Holy One of Israel, and his Maker, Ask me of things to come concerning my sons, and concerning the work of my hands command ye me.

I think Jesus was saying something similar here:

Jhn 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

Something may look good to me but I might not see the bigger picture. It might be good for me but bad for other people. One night recently, I found I did not know how to pray or even what to ask for. I said to myself, "Jesus knows what I should ask for. Maybe I don't even need to know. I can just pray and ask for whatever he wants." Lately my spiritual senses haven't been the best; but when I did pray like that recently, I could sense a tremendous movement of angels going to do what Jesus wanted. It did come to me that many people in the world have minds that are darkened and many of them would accept the Light of God if they knew about it, so then I prayed for them specifically -- that those who were in darkness but ready to receive Light might receive it. All truth? It was all the truth I needed to know in that case. I may be going a bit off topic though.

What seems certain to me is that if someone has heard from God that something is His will, it will surely come to pass if he prays for it. Those person is exercising the lawful dominion over the earth given to man, and Heaven will surely back him back. IF he gives a prophecy, it is more than a prediction -- a prediction is a guess the way fortune telling is a guess-- a real prophecy is more than a guess, God will make it happen.

It is possible, surely it is, that a prophet can hear something from God but not hear it completely clearly. He may be uncertain about what it means. He should not be saying, "Thus saith the Lord" in such cases.

A prophet may also tune in wrong messages if he's not careful. Those will lack the "certainty" that should be present when it's really the Spirit relaying a message. That kind of uncertainty can also be caused by a lack of spiritual alertness of the person.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mockers and scoffers are tools of satan and pay a high price. And you??
Are you still trying to frighten me? The Bible says not to fear false prophets. Remember how Elijah mocked false prophets?

1 Kings 18:27 And it came to pass at noon, that Elijah mocked them, and said, Cry aloud: for he is a god; either he is talking, or he is pursuing, or he is in a journey, or peradventure he sleepeth, and must be awaked.

Candidus

Jan 27, 2020
Kuna
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mockers and scoffers are tools of satan and pay a high price. And you??

The tactic of working on the emotions and fears of people to silence their criticism is Demagoguery. Such responses may silence and scare the gullible who will take this dogmatic confidence to be the equivalent of being right, but perhaps H. L. Mencken was correct when he defined a demagogue as "one who will preach doctrines he knows to be untrue to men he knows to be idiots."

Reactions: Helen and Giuliano