I note that Brother Copeland and Jesse Duplantis is on the minds of some here.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What part of God's Word I post here do you think is not truth??
Psalm 25:13

His soul will abide in prosperity,
And his descendants will inherit the land.

Proverbs 28:25

An arrogant man stirs up strife,
But he who trusts in the Lord will prosper.

Proverbs 13:21

Adversity pursues sinners,
But the righteous will be rewarded with prosperity.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your logic could be used to defend the Temple priesthood of Jesus' day. They were doing good too; but they thought it okay to mingle evil with good, bitter with sweet.
Yes.
The evil of the false gospel preachers is never permitted by God, nowhere in the New Testament. It is as Jesus says, accursed and never to be permitted in the fellowship.

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
False gospel????? Post the proof of "false gospel" Preached by Copeland and others

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What part of God's Word I post here do you think is not truth??
Psalm 25:13

His soul will abide in prosperity,
And his descendants will inherit the land.
David was writing about himself in that Psalm and about how his descendants inheriting his throne. It is shameful to try to make this about David being personally motivated by greed.

Proverbs 28:25

An arrogant man stirs up strife,
But he who trusts in the Lord will prosper.
The same Psalm says:

Proverbs 28:11 The rich man is wise in his own conceit; but the poor that hath understanding searcheth him out.

Proverbs 13:21

Adversity pursues sinners,
But the righteous will be rewarded with prosperity.

Proverbs 13:7 There is that maketh himself rich, yet hath nothing: there is that maketh himself poor, yet hath great riches.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
David was writing about himself in that Psalm and about how his descendants inheriting his throne. It is shameful to try to make this about David being personally motivated by greed.
It is best to use copelands own false teachings, his own words as broadcast on media, to show his false gospel, as has been done now publicly for a year or years ....

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those that chose and bring the false gospel, perish already because of their unbelief. Jesus says they are accursed, not to be allowed in fellowship even.

Those that choose to reject God's blessings, gifts, healing, prosperity shall have what they say their choice!

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm straining at jet planes, not gnats. Can you document your statements, or would that be asking too much? I read once that his son said Copeland had given away 26 planes -- but no names were mentioned. Again I could not document the claim.

I can be even more ridiculous in your eyes. Why would Copeland need to give planes to other ministries? Why are they too poor to afford their own? Don't they know how to practice Prosperity Gospel? Or maybe he was tired of the ones he had and wanted new ones, bigger and more expensive?

Go ahead, keep insulting me by inference. If you think I know little about Copeland, I assure you know less about me. I am basing my comments on known facts. You are impugning my character because I don't like Copeland. That you're making it personal tells me you're short on facts so are resorting to making a sly comment about me -- based on absolutely nothing except suspicion. You remind me of Michal who drew a curse down on herself with her suspicious mind.

I thought the Catholic hierarchy was misguided when so many Bishops tried to defend the indefensible; and the reputation of their entire church was besmirched because good people were willing to do nothing about the bad eggs. Did non-Catholics learn from that? If you are being defensive about Copeland over theological reasons, I suggest you look beyond those. He is bringing the reputation of charismatic Christians into disrepute as other wilder charismatics have in the past. I would think if you cared about the reputation of charismatics, you would want things to be cleaned up. I care about it since I think if Catholics or charismatics look bad, it makes all Christians look bad in the eyes of some people.

Too many churches do not take Paul's advice in 1 Timothy 3 seriously. I think it's sound theological and sound practically. Leaders should not be given to too much alcohol, greed, or marrying multiple times.

I remind you too that some bad people regularly make sizable donations to charity. They do it to polish their reputation.

So because you are selfish, you can't see someone else being generous. It MUST be a lie?

Reactions: GISMYS_7

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So because you are selfish, you can't see someone else being generous. It MUST be a lie?
What does God's Word say? Nothing to do with selfish concerning the false gospel copeland brings. Rather, another Jesus, a false Jesus, as noted in copelands teachings for years now.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The mindless, senseless teachings and spirit of copleand apparently and as written in Scripture is contagious to his followers.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your apostasy was not even suspected, or not so obvious if it was, before this post,
and hopefully is not the case with you, as it is with cope...
Because someone believes the best about some one doesn't make them apostate. I don't care for Copeland either, but I have a friend who does, a fine Christian woman, who is just a bit gullible. Our salvation isn't based on having perfect intuition, thank God!

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't say it was a lie. There is no need for such harsh language. I asked for evidence. I don't pretend to know everything. Maybe you're right. How would I know? What I do know is that so far, you've made statements without producing evidence. I'm not going to be led around like an animal with a nose in its ring, believing everything everyone tells me. For all I know, maybe someone did tell you that; and maybe you believed it -- but does that make it true? Maybe you were not deliberately lying. Maybe the person who told you that wasn't deliberately lying. Maybe someone told her that and she believed it. How could I know?

Am I a selfish person? Go ahead and think that if it trips your trigger. I've had worse things said about me; and I'm doing fine. You've no evidence to support such a statement.

Do you have any evidence to back up your claims about Copeland's generosity?

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't say it was a lie. There is no need for such harsh language. I asked for evidence. I don't pretend to know everything. Maybe you're right. How would I know? What I do know is that so far, you've made statements without producing evidence. I'm not going to be led around like an animal with a nose in its ring, believing everything everyone tells me. For all I know, maybe someone did tell you that; and maybe you believed it -- but does that make it true? Maybe you were not deliberately lying. Maybe the person who told you that wasn't deliberately lying. Maybe someone told her that and she believed it. How could I know?

Am I a selfish person? Go ahead and think that if it trips your trigger. I've had worse things said about me; and I'm doing fine. You've no evidence to support such a statement.

Do you have any evidence to back up your claims about Copeland's generosity?

It is a shame you can't believe someone's word. You base all your judgments on what you would do.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is a shame you can't believe someone's word. You base all your judgments on what you would do.
I told you I thought you could think you were telling the truth and also the woman who told you thought she was.

Using that approach to things, not one Catholic priest would have been held accountable for sexually molesting young people.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because someone believes the best about some one doesn't make them apostate. I don't care for Copeland either, but I have a friend who does, a fine Christian woman, who is just a bit gullible. Our salvation isn't based on having perfect intuition, thank God!
We may agree that in some churches, the people in the pews are often fine people, far better morally than their leaders who act superior. Some are like sheep being fleeced by wolves.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I told you I thought you could think you were telling the truth and also the woman who told you thought she was.

Using that approach to things, not one Catholic priest would have been held accountable for sexually molesting young people.
God's Justice, God's Righteous Judgment, is Perfect.

No one will be able to talk their way out of His Judgment, not those priests, not copeland, not those (any) bringing any false gospel.