I really saw the Holy Spirit or holy Ghost with my own eyes. What does that mean?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Baptism is an outward sign of an inner conviction, it is not for us, but for others to show that we are committed to the church, that we are a part of the body. It is something my church used as a sign of membership in the church itself... You become a voting member of the church when Baptized. If you are not part of a local body baptism will seem unnecessary, but if you are it is essential. Baptism comes after salvation which is why I am a Baptist, immersion is preferable, but sprinkling is ok if immersion is not an option, the point is that we die to this world and are raised again in God's kingdom... Which is why immersion is preferable.

I Myself was baptized by sprinkling as a child into the Lutheran church, and baptized as a teenager into the Baptist church. I Am now not currently the member of any church, nor do i vote in the matters of any church, but if they were to require me to be baptized into a church i wanted to be a member of I would do so.

Sounds like you are taking up your cross daily, but are not a member of any church in particular therefore you do not see the immediate need for baptism.... The Holy Ghost will convict you when the time comes to be baptized, no man can argue you into it, or begrudge you for not doing so...

I don’t know why a water baptism would be required to vote. It would make more sense to me that a Holy Spirit baptism would get a vote. But it’s a moot point to me anyway. If men who have the fullness of the Spirit are present, why would they need to vote? I think they would do better to pray and draw straws if none of them could hear the Spirit yet. It sounds ridiculous to me for men who are baptized in water to vote on what to do rather than letting the Spirit lead and do what He wants and says to do. Voting sounds like of the World to me. It sounds like a decision made because there are no prophets hearing God and no members or elders hearing the Spirit…

Last edited:

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Baptism relates to the death and resurrection to life. It's symbolic of dying and coming up from it.

Romans 6:3-6

3 Or do you not know that as many of us as were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into His death? 4 Therefore we were buried with Him through baptism into death, that just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

5 For if we have been united together in the likeness of His death, certainly we also shall be in the likeness of His resurrection, 6 knowing this, that our old man was crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves of sin.

Reactions: Siddhi Koli

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It means God has heard your prayer. Keep praying.
Matthew 5:3
Blessed are the poor in spirit (Siddhi Koli), For theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Ezekiel 17:24
And all the trees of the field shall know that I, the Lord, have brought down the high tree and exalted the low tree, dried up the green tree and made the dry tree flourish; I, the Lord, have spoken and have done it.

• Love
Reactions: Siddhi Koli