I will tell thee the mystery of the woman, and of the beast that carrieth her

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Super Kal;62720)
(Christina;62717)
(Super Kal;62693)
just because Bullinger said so?wasn't E.W. Bulligner just a man as well?
No because Gods Word says so. If you stop listening to menthen why don't you stop listening to E.W. Bullinger, because he was also just a man...Just ... stop ... it ... Kal. I ... hate ... false ... accusations.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
KalBecause I believe God says it after years and years of study and if Bullinger or Bulwinkle saw it to bully for themYou on the other are just starting to learn the indepth stuff and are willing to go with men at the drop of a hat. Your choice, but you cant show it in scripture you just go along with their assumptions. I see it written in the scriptures so say what you will But Gods Word says what it says some have the wisdom to see it some have not but frankly whether Bullinger said or not wouldnt matter to me.

Super Kal

Nov 27, 2007
christina, I could say the exact same thing... there are many people out there who have studied the Bible just as much as Bullinger did and came up with a different interpretation...so tell me something; what makes Bullinger so different than everyone else? did God give him some special kind of treatment that only he can discern the Word of God? what does 2 Peter 1:20 say exactly?and no, Jordan, I won't stop. I'm not going to take what Bullinger says as truth just because Bullinger says it's truth. I'd rather study it for myself and ask the Holy Spirit for guidance instead of simply listening to what Bullinger thinks, because he's still just a man... no more, no less. I suggest you do the same as well, Jordan.a lot of you are making Bullinger out to be some kind of prophet, and Bullinger is not the end all of Bible Study, like most of you on here make it to be.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
I dont care about Bullinger I care about God never even read him until after I started seeing as I said it was God who sealed the book. The fact good scholars didnt fully see what God had not intended them to see because of time they born in. As I have pointed out on several occasions few really deeply studied it because they didnt understand it so they just went with thoughts of the scholars before them. Bullinger and a few others were the first in hundreds of years to really start studying it again And I think God used them for this purpose to start unsealing what had been sealed. But it makes no difference God says what he says whether Bullinger had seen it or not. I understand Gods plan from Gen to Rev. I have learned types and how God teaches from studying not from Bullinger. The fact you think God cant possibly write of future events so all must be past,instead of types of what will happen again makes you the one underestimating our Father.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Super Kal;62726)
christina, I could say the exact same thing... there are many people out there who have studied the Bible just as much as Bullinger did and came up with a different interpretation...so tell me something; what makes Bullinger so different than everyone else? did God give him some special kind of treatment that only he can discern the Word of God? what does 2 Peter 1:20 say exactly?and no, Jordan, I won't stop. I'm not going to take what Bullinger says as truth just because Bullinger says it's truth. I'd rather study it for myself and ask the Holy Spirit for guidance instead of simply listening to what Bullinger thinks, because he's still just a man... no more, no less. I suggest you do the same as well, Jordan.a lot of you are making Bullinger out to be some kind of prophet, and Bullinger is not the end all of Bible Study, like most of you on here make it to be.
I'm only going to address what is aiming at me. I don't know who is E.W. Bullinger. I don't know who he is. And I don't know what he teaches. I only know 1 man, and that is Jesus Christ. I only know God's Words. Nobody else do I care.

Super Kal

Nov 27, 2007
and yet you still use Bullinger's notes to guide you... a pre-trib rapturists believe that they have been led by the Holy Spirit to believe in a pre-trib rapture, and yet they still follow the notes of Lacunza, Darby, and Scofield... Christina, Jordan, ask yourselves these questions:"Am I relying on the Holy Spirit to tell me what is right or wrong, or am I simply taking what the Companion Bible says is true just because the commentary says that it's true?""If I didn't know anything about the Great Tribulation, the rapture, Dispensationalism, Covenant theology, or any other teaching, and if I had a simple Bible with no notes, commentary, appendices, or anything, and simply relied on the Holy Spirit to guide me and to help me, would I come up with exactly what I believe now?"seriously ask yourselves these questions, and don't be ignorant and automatically say yes... 6 months ago when I first started to study the Bible, I asked myself that question, and I had to say no, because I was always going on what other humans were saying to be true... and according to the Bible, we're not supposed to do that.Jordan: E.W. Bullinger is the person who wrote all of the commentary for the Companion Bible... it's what theseason.org bases all of it's info on... the Kenite serpent seed doctrine?... yeah, that comes from the Companion Bible as well.you're only getting Bullinger's opinion on what he thinks the Bible says... the opinion of a human being... how about you take a step back and break away from everything Bullinger taught, and start to read it, not thinking "I believe in Hyper-Dispensationalism/Covenant Theology" and go in and try to prove it... simply read the Bible and bring out what the verses alone say.I know of an author who not only believes that there is no pre-trib rapture, but he also believes that the first seal was opened on 9/11/01 when the WTC towers fell, and that America is the Whore of Babylon. He is a great guy and loves God, but do I only follow what he says because he says it?... absolutely not... he even encourages his listeners to read the Bible for themselves, and not to take his opinion as truth just because he thinks that it is truth.Now isn't that a surprise... a man who studies the Bible asking his listeners and subscribers to read the Bible for themselves... he goes by 1 Thessalonians 5:21 and 2 Peter 1:20... he encourages Christians to seek out truth for themselves and not simply rely on men's interpretations. that's the way it should be in this world when it comes to God. God's Truth does not come from E.W. Bullinger, or Richard Perry, or Dwight Pentecost, or John Walvoord, or John Nelson Darby, or Roman Catholicism, or Iraneaus, or Ephraem of Nisibis, or Robert Emmitt, or John Hagee, or John Calvin, or John Wesley, or Matthew Henry, or John Gill, or Cyrus Scofield... ONLY from the Holy Spirit.are there prophecies in revelation that haven't been fulfilled yet?absolutely.have there been some already fulfilled?absolutely.I am going to say this to you one last time, Christina, because it's obvious to me that it still hasn't processed for you yet:I. DO. NOT. BELIEVE. THAT. THE. POPE. IS. THE. ANTICHRIST.I'm even going to say it one more time, just so that it properly sinks in...I. DO. NOT. BELIEVE. THAT. THE. POPE. IS. THE. ANTICHRIST.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Super Kal;62731)
and yet you still use Bullinger's notes to guide you... a pre-trib rapturists believe that they have been led by the Holy Spirit to believe in a pre-trib rapture, and yet they still follow the notes of Lacunza, Darby, and Scofield... Christina, Jordan, ask yourselves these questions:"Am I relying on the Holy Spirit to tell me what is right or wrong, or am I simply taking what the Companion Bible says is true just because the commentary says that it's true?""If I didn't know anything about the Great Tribulation, the rapture, Dispensationalism, Covenant theology, or any other teaching, and if I had a simple Bible with no notes, commentary, appendices, or anything, and simply relied on the Holy Spirit to guide me and to help me, would I come up with exactly what I believe now?"seriously ask yourselves these questions, and don't be ignorant and automatically say yes... 6 months ago when I first started to study the Bible, I asked myself that question, and I had to say no, because I was always going on what other humans were saying to be true... and according to the Bible, we're not supposed to do that.Jordan: E.W. Bullinger is the person who wrote all of the commentary for the Companion Bible... it's what theseason.org bases all of it's info on... the Kenite serpent seed doctrine?... yeah, that comes from the Companion Bible as well.you're only getting Bullinger's opinion on what he thinks the Bible says... the opinion of a human being... how about you take a step back and break away from everything Bullinger taught, and start to read it, not thinking "I believe in Hyper-Dispensationalism/Covenant Theology" and go in and try to prove it... simply read the Bible and bring out what the verses alone say.I know of an author who not only believes that there is no pre-trib rapture, but he also believes that the first seal was opened on 9/11/01 when the WTC towers fell, and that America is the Whore of Babylon. He is a great guy and loves God, but do I only follow what he says because he says it?... absolutely not... he even encourages his listeners to read the Bible for themselves, and not to take his opinion as truth just because he thinks that it is truth.Now isn't that a surprise... a man who studies the Bible asking his listeners and subscribers to read the Bible for themselves... he goes by 1 Thessalonians 5:21 and 2 Peter 1:20... he encourages Christians to seek out truth for themselves and not simply rely on men's interpretations. that's the way it should be in this world when it comes to God. God's Truth does not come from E.W. Bullinger, or Richard Perry, or Dwight Pentecost, or John Walvoord, or John Nelson Darby, or Roman Catholicism, or Iraneaus, or Ephraem of Nisibis, or Robert Emmitt, or John Hagee, or John Calvin, or John Wesley, or Matthew Henry, or John Gill, or Cyrus Scofield... ONLY from the Holy Spirit.are there prophecies in revelation that haven't been fulfilled yet?absolutely.have there been some already fulfilled?absolutely.I am going to say this to you one last time, Christina, because it's obvious to me that it still hasn't processed for you yet:I. DO. NOT. BELIEVE. THAT. THE. POPE. IS. THE. ANTICHRIST.I'm even going to say it one more time, just so that it properly sinks in...I. DO. NOT. BELIEVE. THAT. THE. POPE. IS. THE. ANTICHRIST.
You see all that highlighted stuff in the quote. Yea, I know no man, so don't accuse me of saying it came from Bullinger, because1. I don't know and probably don't care for a companion bible.2. I study alone myself before I even came to CB.And you absolutely love to add words to people's mouth...

Super Kal

Nov 27, 2007
I studied alone before I came here as well, jordan...and honestly, you've done it in the past as well, so don't get a high and mighty attitude with me.I'm simply stating the obvious here... The Bible speaks of a unity in Christ, whether they be Jew or Gentile... dispensationalism says that there is a difference... dispensationalism says that when Christ died on the cross, the Old Covenant was abolished/cancelled and a New Covenant started, but Christ said "Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil."

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Super Kal;62736)
I studied alone before I came here as well, jordan...and honestly, you've done it in the past as well, so don't get a high and mighty attitude with me.I'm simply stating the obvious here... The Bible speaks of a unity in Christ, whether they be Jew or Gentile... dispensationalism says that there is a difference... dispensationalism says that when Christ died on the cross, the Old Covenant was abolished/cancelled and a New Covenant started, but Christ said "Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil."
This board actually believes Matthew 5:17-18 and Ecclesiastes 1:9. I can safely say this for Christina, Tom Webster, Swamp Fox, Tim_from_PA, others and I.Therefore I say this.Old Testament is New Testament concealed and New Testament is Old Testament revealed.

Super Kal

Nov 27, 2007
that doesn't change anything... in fact, that harmonizes with covenant theology, and not hyper-dispensationalismin all honesty, it was hyper-dispensationalism that confused the crap out of me when I started reading the Bible... in fact, to be completely truthful to you and Christina, when I first came to this site, I bought the Companion Bible because I wanted to follow along with what was on here... it was that hyper-dispensationalism that really racked my brain because it didn't make any sense to me. It was the exact opposite (which I found out later which was called Covenant Theology) that flowed with what I was reading in Ephesians, Galatians, and Romans, and that's the reason why I don't hold to the teaching of Hyper-Dispensationalism that Bullinger teachesit's been said that God is not the author of confusion... Satan is.Now do I still have my Companion Bible... yes, I do... it's a sentimental thing to me now because it encouraged me to look at the Greek and Hebrew for the first time.I don't use it as much anymore, but i do use it on occasion.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Frankly Kal I dont need you telling me how to pray or what God says the fact I happen to agree with a man that came to the some of the same conclusions that I got straight from studying Gods Word isnt a problem for me. Its only a big deal to you because you are letting differnt men give you your knowledge and thats makes you disagreeing with scripture and your blaming Bullinger frankly is your problem I certainly am not interested in your man doctrine so if you cant get over it. dont know what to tell you I'm following God reguardless of any man you wanta keep using your weird resentment Bullinger Or you choice of men to keep you from hearing Gods Words you can tell it to him on judgement day. But I tell you what No man Bullinger or any one of your scholars you get your doctrine from is going to be standing between you and him on judgement day so you better be sure who you are putting your trust in. My belief is grounded in scripture alone whether any man agrees matters not.

Super Kal

Nov 27, 2007
I'm not telling you how to pray to God, Christina... I'm simply encouraging you to not rely on the interpretation of man and rely on the Holy Spirit for guidance.really? it bothers me?... okay... sure... next time I'm thinking about something, I'll just come to you since you supposedly know what I'm thinking.again, it is you who gets Ultradispensationalism out of the Companion Bible... no offense, but do you know anything about what Ultradispensationalism is and where it came from?... you're so convinced that you're right, you've shut out anything else, even biblical scripture, that says otherwise, but you don't want to hear it because you think there is no truth than what you read in the commentary of the Companion Bible. I was the same way when I believed in the rapture... but I was able to step out of that box and start letting God do the leading in Bible study rather than Satan... can you step out of your box and consider the fact that you might be wrong?... I'm willing to do the same if you are.My belief is grounded in scripture as well, Christina... but these two beliefs contradict each other... does the Bible contradict itself? no, therefore one of them must be wrong.I'm not saying these things to be mean to you, Christina, or you, Jordan... I just want us to read the Word of God free from the pollution of man

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Kal I have studied all these guys all religions for that matter for more years than you been able to read I have read so many religious books scholars studies opinions that you can ever imagine. you are assuming I don't know what they say I do You think I would be on this website or any sharing what Ive learned if I wasn't convinced it is Gods word alone? He has made it very clear that if I mislead someone Im am responsible not you not bullinger Me and me alone you think I have nothing better to do with my time? I donate it for free here because thats the promise I made with God if he would allow me the Wisdom to understand. Now its my job to show you the scriptures and help explain what they mean to plant a seed, Its your job to make your soil (mind) fertile ......it's God job to make it grow.If you chose not to belief it because men have poisoned your soil it's not my problemI will never apologize for what I teach/see in Gods Words I wont change my mind for words of men that Ive already heard read and received no wisdom from but just more questions. If you dont want to believe us simply because some scholar found the same things to be true thats your choice Im not trying to convince you. belief what ever you want but stop trying to act like its Gods wisdom and words its just mens teaching and its not whats written.

Super Kal

Nov 27, 2007
then prove me wrong without Bullinger's commentary. Prove that Ultradispensationalism is God's truth, because in all honesty, Romans 11, Galatians 3, and Ephesians 2 completely disprove it.I'm happy that you're not apologizing... but that's not what I'm suggesting. Anyone can claim that the things that they have read is God inspired...I'm just suggesting that you re-read it with an open mind and without a preconceived thought.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
These chapters disprove what ? And I could ask the same of you and your preconceived notions.

Super Kal

Nov 27, 2007
they disprove that God considers Israel and the Christian Church as two seperate entities... it's where the lower part of my sig comes from... in Christ's eyes, there are no differences.and I did... I did study it. I studied without using dispensationalism, or any other form of theology... and this is what I came out with.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
I dont know how you gather that sense God starts telling us that is going to happen in Genesis and it follows through the entire Bible until his return. It might be your interpretation but its wrong. Its the very basis of Gods plan to open salvation to gentile (all) and maintain a remnant that preserves the Law. Saying they not divided is to say the Old testament is useless and that he wasted 2000 years on the Jews and laying out the laws so he could just say cancel... that lets start all over with the new testament and saying they are same also is not true. the law and Grace are two seprate parts They are not the same thing the christian church has not replaced the Jew they are two branches from the same tree one representing Old testament Law/one representing New testament of Grace they will be joined together under Jesus Christ when he returns as King of Kings making the true church body, the Bride

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Christina;62761)
I dont know how you gather that sense God starts telling us that is going to happen in Genesis and it follows through the entire Bible until his return. It might be your interpretation but its wrong. Its the very basis of Gods plan to open salvation to gentile (all) and maintain a remnant that preserves the Law. Saying they not divided is to say the Old testament is useless and that he wasted 2000 years on the Jews and laying out the laws so he could just say cancel... that lets start all over with the new testament and saying they are same also is not true. the law and Grace are two seprate parts They are not the same thing the christian church has not replaced the Jew they are two branches from the same tree one representing Old testament Law/one representing New testament of Grace they will be joined together under Jesus Christ when he returns as King of Kings making the true church body, the Bride
Correct Christina. I support you 100%. And anybody that knew Father's Word.

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
Super Kal,If you don't want to read Bullinger's work, don't, I don't care. I will read it because it has some very important insight.Most of the Christian Church IS Israel. Most of Israel doesn't know who they are at this time.

Super Kal

Nov 27, 2007
I agree with that, tom... but Romans 11 even talks of in-grafted branches onto that olive tree... even Paul was both a Benjamite and a Jew, and he still spoke that there was no difference in Jews or Gentiles when it came to Christthat's fine and all, tom... I can understand that, and I can agree to an extent.but when it comes to insight, we just have to remember that Mormonism, Calvinism, Hinduism, Buddhism, Islam, and every other religion has important insight on how their belief is based, but that necessarily doesn't it make it right or correct... so why would Christianity be any different?you know, now thinking about it, this just came to my mind just now... a family has a biological child and then adopts another child a few months later... is that adopted child still part of the original family? no, that adopted child is now part of the family that adopted him/her, and that new family will treat that child the exact same as their first.