Identifying The Eight Kings Of Revelation 17:10

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

tgwprophet

Jul 9, 2011
Lehigh Acres, Florida
The holy place can be israel, Jerusalem, or the Temple - while the Holy of holies should be considered the inner-sanctum of the Temple???

Veteran wrote: " The "abomination of desolation" prophecy from the Book of Daniel specifically involves the placing of an idol abomination in the temple at Jerusalem. Antiochus IV served as a pattern for that event, though he was not the pseudo-Christ which Jesus was warning His servants about in Matt.24. "

I am not sure how you arrived at the Abomination of Desolation involving placement of an IDOL? When the Beast (possibly Satan - but most likely not ) enters the inner-sanctum of the Temple (meaning the Temple must be built ) it is then that an un-clean thing has committed this Abomination of Desolation. 3 1/2 Days later Satan will emerge in all his glory from the inner-sanctum. Satan will have a request that an image of the Beast which received the mortal wound be built and Satan will give that Image life. At least this is my tail.. and I am waggin' it.

Richard Neal

Oct 3, 2012
Raeneske said:
The Catholic Church is not Christ's church. When Christ said, "Upon this rock", he was not referring to the person. He was referring to the faith Peter professed. "Thou art the Christ" is what a Christian church is built upon. That is what saves people. When you are in danger, and Satan comes to torment you, what is your faith in, the stable rock? That Christ is the Son of God. That is the chief stone of the Christian faith, which most the world rejects. Not Peter, but Christ.
It is ridiculous to say that "The Catholic Church is not Christ's Church." Really, that statement is so blasphemous and out of touch with Church history that it doesn't even deserve comment - and I'm not a Catholic...Nevertheless, you are wrong when you say "Upon this rock means the faith Peter confessed." It actually refers to the orthodox Christological claim/statement Peter made - It had nothing to do with faith...Christology is the foundation stone upon which the Church rests - Jesus Christ is God. All heresies - all heretical movements have, as their foundation, heretical christologies. It is the heretical christology of Gnosticism that will empower the Antichrist when he comes...That is why you guys have such fanciful eschatological interpretations, because you know nothing about Gnosticism - the historical archenemy of the Church, or the part its heretical christological beliefs will play in end time events....

Guestman

Nov 11, 2009
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Richard Neal said:
"Jehovah" is a Latin name invented for God (Hebrew = Yahweh) by the Masoretes in the 11th century A.D. Consequently I fail to understand why some Christians insist on using it?...

I'll tell you the same thing I told another Christian brother the other day - I agree with you, no Christian wants or demands a 3rd Jewish Temple in Jerusalem. With that being said, however, you insist on looking at Scripture through Christian eyes as if there are no other religious groups who will play a part in eschatological events. Looking at things through a Christian prism only causes you - and so many others - to misinterpret so many eschatological prophecies....The whole point of the drama we know as end time events is that two heretical groups - Rabbinic Judaism and Islam - force the whole world into Armageddon. The Jews, because of their rejection of Christ, demand a 3rd Temple, and they will get it. The muslims, because of Muhammad's hatred for the Jews, will try to annihilate the Jewish nation...The Antichrist will be empowered by the heretical Christologies of Gnosticism, which Islam is the most dominate form of Gnosticism the world has ever known...So these two heresies, for various reasons, will build a 3rd Temple and will perform the "abomination that causes desolation" act, and, in the process, force all the world - including Christians, into the worst time humanity has ever known (The Great Tribulation Period) and, as a result, Armageddon...Learn to look at prophecy, not just through the eyes of a Christian, but through the eyes of others as well. Doing so will help you better understand the end time paradigm Scripture is trying to give you...
Jehovah is Latin as is Jesus as is all the rest of the names in the Bible. In fact, the name Jesus means "Jehovah is Salvation", for the first two letters Je are derived from Jehovah. If Jehovah is to be cast aside, then so should the name Jesus as well as all other Latin names.

Many of the names of the Hebrew Scriptures that we are familiar with, Joseph, Jeremiah, Joshua, etc are Latin. For example, what would you do with all the names that have an attachment to Jehovah ? For example, (1) Jehoiachin means "Jehovah Has Firmly Established", (2) his father Jehoiakim possibly meaning "Jehovah Raises Up", or (3) Jehoram meaning "Jehovah is High [Exalted] ", or (4) Jehoshaphat meaning "Jehovah is Judge", with the first four letters being Jeho, the first four letters of Jehovah, that literally means "He Causes to Become" and that was expressed as "I Shall Prove to Be What I Shall Prove to Be" at Exodus 3:14 by Jehovah himself, and that comes from the root word hawah meaning "to become".

Since certainty of pronunciation is not now attainable, there seems to be no reason for abandoning in English the well-known form “Jehovah” in favor of some other suggested pronunciation. If such a change were made, then, to be consistent, changes should be made in the spelling and pronunciation of a host of other names found in the Scriptures: Jeremiah would be changed to Yir·meyah´, Isaiah would become Yesha‛·ya´hu, and Jesus would be either Yehoh·shu´a‛ (as in Hebrew) or I·e·sous´ (as in Greek). The purpose of words is to transmit thoughts; in English the name Jehovah identifies the true God, transmitting this thought more satisfactorily today than any of the suggested substitutes.

The name Jehovah is an established name just as Jesus is. Would it be prudent to remove Jesus name just because it has attachment to Jehovah and just call him "lord" ? Or Jehoshaphat or Jehoram ? These have become established names in the Bible and there is no need to exchange them for another name just because you are in disfavor of Jehovah. And who are you to say whether or not it is accurate ? Because it is not possible to firmly establish how God's name was written or pronounced, can a person rightly remove Jehovah and replace it with titles "Lord" or "God" and still follow Jesus model prayer that teaches us to pray: "Let your name (not title) be sanctified" ?

The Tetragrammaton (YHWH, which is a rendering into English characters from the Hebrew יהוה) is in the Bible over 7000 times, more times than the combined titles Lord and God that apply to him. He wants us to know and use his name, of which genuine Christians will continue to do so.

veteran said:
Regardless who one thinks it's 'backed' by, it's Bible prophecy from The LORD, and that's what matters. Some can speculate all the way up to the event of why God would allow it, but they won't be any closer to understanding His warnings about it in relation to the coming false messiah that's to sit in it. For His servants in the lands of Jerusalem for that time He said to flee it, and for those of the countries to not enter in.
Where does the Bible say that the temple is to be rebuilt in literal Jerusalem ? The nation of natural Israel was rejected by Jehovah God, for you can read at Matthew 21, whereby Jesus said to Jewish religious leaders: "Did you never read in the Scriptures (at Ps 118:22), ' The stone that the builders rejected is the one that has become the chief cornerstone. From Jehovah this has come to be, and it is marvelous in our eyes' ? This is why I say to you, The kingdom of God will be taken from you and be given to a nation producing its fruits."(Matt 21:42, 43)

Thus, natural Israel has been cast aside in favor another "nation" that produces the "fruits" of the kingdom, spiritual Israel.(Gal 6:16) The apostle Paul wrote to the Romans: "For not all who spring from Israel are really "Israel". Neither because they are Abraham's seed are they all children......That is, the children in the flesh are not really the children of God, but the children by the promise are counted as the seed."(Rom 9:6-8)

Natural Israel has been replaced with a "nation" that truly follows Jehovah's laws, for Jeremiah wrote: "For this is the covenant that I shall conclude with the house of Israel after those days, " is the utterance of Jehovah. "I will put my law within them, and in their heart I shall write it. And I will become their God, and they themselves will become my people."(Jer 31:33)

Concerning the Jews, of which Paul was one, he wrote: "For I bear them (natural Jews) witness that they have a zeal for God, but not according to accurate knowledge; for because of not knowing the righteousness of God, but seeking to establish their own, they did not subject themselves to the righteousness of God."(Rom 10:2, 3)

Jesus further told the Jewish religious leaders: "Serpents, offspring of vipers, how are you to flee from the judgment of Gehenna ? " Jesus then places the blood of all the righteous prophets as well all the righteous men from Abel to Zechariah at their feet.(Matt 23:33-35) The nation proved to be wicked, deserving of destruction, and which occurred in 70 C.E. when General Titus came against Jerusalem, destroying it over the course of April 3-August 30.

Raeneske

Sep 18, 2012
veteran said:
YOU'RE the one taking the Dan.9:27 outside it's context in the Book of Daniel by implying it's about Christ Jesus.

Those saying the Dan.9:27 verse is about Christ are on a false agenda, because those Dan.8 and 11 events show it's impossible for those things to be done by Christ. It's pretty close to blasphemy to say that's Christ who places that abomination of desolation.

Moreover, it's gross ignorance to say one of Dan.9:27 is Christ, since Jesus well warned of the "abomination of desolation" from the Book of Daniel.

There is no... mention of a False Prophet in Revelation 13. It's only in Rev.16, 19, & 20.

Like I've said many times to many brethren here on this forum, you're listening to a doctrine of men with the idea of that "false prophet" being some flesh born man.

WHEN is God's Judgment of flesh men into the "lake of fire"?

SHOW me in God's Word where any flesh born man is already judged and sentenced to perish in the "lake of fire".
Not even, but I'm not gonna argue about it. Learn to discern what scripture is talking about please.

Rethink that same sentence. It is blasphemy to attribute Christ's character to that of an anti-christ.

I've heard about the abomination of desolation, when idolatry should be exalted. This already happened. And then Jerusalem was quickly destroyed. Remember when Christ said those that are in Jerusalem should flee? Every Christian took the sign and knew to flee Jerusalem. None of them died. But the Jews did, many did. Their house was left unto them desolate.

I've showed you who the "he" is consistently. As my knowledge understands, your interpretation is the one that abounds in these last days. Even the reformers knew of Catholocism being anti-christian. We should be done talking about this though, I shared my views, and you shared yours.

Richard Neal said:
It is ridiculous to say that "The Catholic Church is not Christ's Church." Really, that statement is so blasphemous and out of touch with Church history that it doesn't even deserve comment - and I'm not a Catholic...Nevertheless, you are wrong when you say "Upon this rock means the faith Peter confessed." It actually refers to the orthodox Christological claim/statement Peter made - It had nothing to do with faith...Christology is the foundation stone upon which the Church rests - Jesus Christ is God. All heresies - all heretical movements have, as their foundation, heretical christologies. It is the heretical christology of Gnosticism that will empower the Antichrist when he comes...That is why you guys have such fanciful eschatological interpretations, because you know nothing about Gnosticism - the historical archenemy of the Church, or the part its heretical christological beliefs will play in end time events....
Man-made church history. Read the scriptures. What is the entire Christian faith based upon? That Peter is the Pope? Or that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God.

Thank you.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Raeneske said:
Not even, but I'm not gonna argue about it. Learn to discern what scripture is talking about please.
Pretty obvious you're the one here that needs to read your Bible as it is written, instead of playing around with agendas of men, especially agendas against Christ Himself, like the false teaching you have about Dan.9:27, saying that's about Christ.

Raeneske said:
Rethink that same sentence. It is blasphemy to attribute Christ's character to that of an anti-christ.
That's exactly what you're doing with wrongly assigning Christ to that he of Dan.9:27 that places the "abomination of desolation".

Since you obviously don't care if you do that, it shows the false agenda you are on. All the more since you refuse to address that 'he' in respect to the rest of the story about the false one later in Dan.11. Because you make the Book of Daniel end... at Chapter 9 to keep your false doctrine, that also reveals the falseness you adhere to against Christ Jesus.

Raeneske said:
I've heard about the abomination of desolation, when idolatry should be exalted. This already happened. And then Jerusalem was quickly destroyed. Remember when Christ said those that are in Jerusalem should flee? Every Christian took the sign and knew to flee Jerusalem. None of them died. But the Jews did, many did. Their house was left unto them desolate.
NO, it did not already happen. But those idiots you listen are telling you it has, and they've got you right where they want you, deceived.

The Roman army did not setup ANY abomination idol in the temple at Jerusalem in 70 A.D., simply because the temple burned down before the Romans could get control of it. Try reading a little history from the Jewish historian Josephus about that; might suggest those idiots you're listening to do the same.

Raeneske said:
I've showed you who the "he" is consistently. As my knowledge understands, your interpretation is the one that abounds in these last days. Even the reformers knew of Catholocism being anti-christian. We should be done talking about this though, I shared my views, and you shared yours.
You've not shown anything except unwillingness to complete the Dan.9:27 subject per other Scripture in the Book of Daniel that 'directly' relates to it, like Dan.11. That's why your words are nothing but hot air.

Man-made church history. Read the scriptures. What is the entire Christian faith based upon? That Peter is the Pope? Or that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God.

Thank you.
Now you can't even stay on topic. Go ahead, get the fill of the Preterist lies that's trying to deceive believers into thinking that the events of Matthew 24 are already past history, and that Christ's second coming has already happened. Those on that kind of doctrine are following a 'cult.'

Raeneske

Sep 18, 2012
veteran said:
Pretty obvious you're the one here that needs to read your Bible as it is written, instead of playing around with agendas of men, especially agendas against Christ Himself, like the false teaching you have about Dan.9:27, saying that's about Christ.

That's exactly what you're doing with wrongly assigning Christ to that he of Dan.9:27 that places the "abomination of desolation".

Since you obviously don't care if you do that, it shows the false agenda you are on. All the more since you refuse to address that 'he' in respect to the rest of the story about the false one later in Dan.11. Because you make the Book of Daniel end... at Chapter 9 to keep your false doctrine, that also reveals the falseness you adhere to against Christ Jesus.

NO, it did not already happen. But those idiots you listen are telling you it has, and they've got you right where they want you, deceived.

The Roman army did not setup ANY abomination idol in the temple at Jerusalem in 70 A.D., simply because the temple burned down before the Romans could get control of it. Try reading a little history from the Jewish historian Josephus about that; might suggest those idiots you're listening to do the same.

You've not shown anything except unwillingness to complete the Dan.9:27 subject per other Scripture in the Book of Daniel that 'directly' relates to it, like Dan.11. That's why your words are nothing but hot air.

Now you can't even stay on topic. Go ahead, get the fill of the Preterist lies that's trying to deceive believers into thinking that the events of Matthew 24 are already past history, and that Christ's second coming has already happened. Those on that kind of doctrine are following a 'cult.'
"Since you obviously don't care"

Another accusation with no merit.

Correction, I refuse to acknowledge your interpretation of scripture. You saw 483 years plus a huge bonus in the middle and then 7 more years, and I stick to God's word which gives the Israelites 490 years left.

Did Israel repent, and all accept Jesus? Nope.

So, do they then run out of time? Yes.

I have shown you plenty Veteran. Your assaults upon me, and my views "those idiots", and the accusations are annoying. We addressed this all on the topic "the he in Daniel 9:27". If you need to see them again, go back and reread my posts.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Raeneske said:
"Since you obviously don't care"

Another accusation with no merit.

Correction, I refuse to acknowledge your interpretation of scripture. You saw 483 years plus a huge bonus in the middle and then 7 more years, and I stick to God's word which gives the Israelites 490 years left.

Did Israel repent, and all accept Jesus? Nope.

So, do they then run out of time? Yes.

I have shown you plenty Veteran. Your assaults upon me, and my views "those idiots", and the accusations are annoying. We addressed this all on the topic "the he in Daniel 9:27". If you need to see them again, go back and reread my posts.
You don't know what you're sticking to, and it's certainly not The Word of God.

tgwprophet

Jul 9, 2011
Lehigh Acres, Florida
The real question is Will Israel repent and accept Jesus? answer - yes. Will there be an Abomination of Desolation in the future? Absolutel;y and it will occur mid-point of Tribulation. Will Satan set himelf up claiming himself a god? Yes. Will this happen in the near future? Yes

Many in this thread are fumbling over the 8 Beasts and who or what is the 8th Beast... You find hioles in each others understanding that is becasue there are holes. Go read what I wrote in the Thread labeled the Beast that was and is not and yet is...

Richard Neal

Oct 3, 2012
Guestman said:
Jehovah is Latin as is Jesus as is all the rest of the names in the Bible. In fact, the name Jesus means "Jehovah is Salvation", for the first two letters Je are derived from Jehovah. If Jehovah is to be cast aside, then so should the name Jesus as well as all other Latin names.

Many of the names of the Hebrew Scriptures that we are familiar with, Joseph, Jeremiah, Joshua, etc are Latin. For example, what would you do with all the names that have an attachment to Jehovah ? For example, (1) Jehoiachin means "Jehovah Has Firmly Established", (2) his father Jehoiakim possibly meaning "Jehovah Raises Up", or (3) Jehoram meaning "Jehovah is High [Exalted] ", or (4) Jehoshaphat meaning "Jehovah is Judge", with the first four letters being Jeho, the first four letters of Jehovah, that literally means "He Causes to Become" and that was expressed as "I Shall Prove to Be What I Shall Prove to Be" at Exodus 3:14 by Jehovah himself, and that comes from the root word hawah meaning "to become".

Since certainty of pronunciation is not now attainable, there seems to be no reason for abandoning in English the well-known form “Jehovah” in favor of some other suggested pronunciation. If such a change were made, then, to be consistent, changes should be made in the spelling and pronunciation of a host of other names found in the Scriptures: Jeremiah would be changed to Yir·meyah´, Isaiah would become Yesha‛·ya´hu, and Jesus would be either Yehoh·shu´a‛ (as in Hebrew) or I·e·sous´ (as in Greek). The purpose of words is to transmit thoughts; in English the name Jehovah identifies the true God, transmitting this thought more satisfactorily today than any of the suggested substitutes.

The name Jehovah is an established name just as Jesus is. Would it be prudent to remove Jesus name just because it has attachment to Jehovah and just call him "lord" ? Or Jehoshaphat or Jehoram ? These have become established names in the Bible and there is no need to exchange them for another name just because you are in disfavor of Jehovah. And who are you to say whether or not it is accurate ? Because it is not possible to firmly establish how God's name was written or pronounced, can a person rightly remove Jehovah and replace it with titles "Lord" or "God" and still follow Jesus model prayer that teaches us to pray: "Let your name (not title) be sanctified" ?

The Tetragrammaton (YHWH, which is a rendering into English characters from the Hebrew יהוה) is in the Bible over 7000 times, more times than the combined titles Lord and God that apply to him. He wants us to know and use his name, of which genuine Christians will continue to do so.
To begin - there is no letter 'J' in the Hebrew language, thus "Jehovah" could never have been the true name for God the Father...Because His name was/is so obviously important to Him, one would think that we should honor that name as best we can, rather than attempting to appear "spiritual" by rendering an 11th century Latin invention of His name?...You go on to write "He wants us to know and use his name, of which genuine Christians will continue to do so"...This merely shows how puffed up you are because you base your theology on the "proper use" of an 11th century Latinized form of the ancient Tetragrammaton as if doing so in some way magically makes you more spiritually worthy than any other Christian?...
Guestman said:
Where does the Bible say that the temple is to be rebuilt in literal Jerusalem ? The nation of natural Israel was rejected by Jehovah God, for you can read at Matthew 21, whereby Jesus said to Jewish religious leaders: "Did you never read in the Scriptures (at Ps 118:22), ' The stone that the builders rejected is the one that has become the chief cornerstone. From Jehovah this has come to be, and it is marvelous in our eyes' ? This is why I say to you, The kingdom of God will be taken from you and be given to a nation producing its fruits."(Matt 21:42, 43)

Thus, natural Israel has been cast aside in favor another "nation" that produces the "fruits" of the kingdom, spiritual Israel.(Gal 6:16) The apostle Paul wrote to the Romans: "For not all who spring from Israel are really "Israel". Neither because they are Abraham's seed are they all children......That is, the children in the flesh are not really the children of God, but the children by the promise are counted as the seed."(Rom 9:6-8)

Natural Israel has been replaced with a "nation" that truly follows Jehovah's laws, for Jeremiah wrote: "For this is the covenant that I shall conclude with the house of Israel after those days, " is the utterance of Jehovah. "I will put my law within them, and in their heart I shall write it. And I will become their God, and they themselves will become my people."(Jer 31:33)

Concerning the Jews, of which Paul was one, he wrote: "For I bear them (natural Jews) witness that they have a zeal for God, but not according to accurate knowledge; for because of not knowing the righteousness of God, but seeking to establish their own, they did not subject themselves to the righteousness of God."(Rom 10:2, 3)

Jesus further told the Jewish religious leaders: "Serpents, offspring of vipers, how are you to flee from the judgment of Gehenna ? " Jesus then places the blood of all the righteous prophets as well all the righteous men from Abel to Zechariah at their feet.(Matt 23:33-35) The nation proved to be wicked, deserving of destruction, and which occurred in 70 C.E. when General Titus came against Jerusalem, destroying it over the course of April 3-August 30.
Your archaic "replacement theology" has been rejected by main-stream Christianity for many decades now...Yahweh made two promises to a man - Abraham - which were unconditional and eternal. One was that all the world would be blessed through his offspring, which it has been through Yeshua Ha Mashiach, and the second was/is that his descendants - The Twelve Tribes of Israel - would inherit the land grant Yahweh gave to Abraham...The Church, which, as you regurgitate the teachings of others, was never promised to fulfill either of these two vitally important promises as you believe...Israel is Israel - It will inherit the promises made to Abraham, not because the Jewish people merit any special love, but rather - because Abraham merited such special love...Yahweh made two promises to "His friend," one promise has already been fulfilled just as promised, and you can believe the second one will be also....