If Baptism could save then there is no need for the shed Blood of Jesus.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Addressing the OP, good topic, Don't get water baptize, and bon't believe that God sheded his blood, and see what happend? two scriptures,

Mark 16:15 & 16, these are our two witness that confirm our salvation......... :D

PICJAG
101G The "Spiritual Saboteur"

Reactions: WaterSong

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Addressing the OP, good topic, Don't get water baptize, and bon't believe that God sheded his blood, and see what happend? two scriptures,

Mark 16:15 & 16, these are our two witness that confirm our salvation......... :D

PICJAG

Think!! If Baptism could save people then there is no need for the shed Blood of Jesus.

Reactions: Jim B

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
If Baptism could save then there is no need for the shed Blood of Jesus.

I answered this in the other thread:
You seem to be ascribing magical properties to water. It is not the water itself that saves us. We are saved in baptism because it is then that God acts - regenerates us, forgives our sins, brings us into the New Covenant. All that was won for us by Jesus shedding his blood. It is applied to us in baptism. That is why baptism saves us.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Think!! If Baptism could save people then there is no need for the shed Blood of Jesus.
one word, obedience

now you think!! if a rope can save you, why would you need a recure worker, if you have fell into a ravine?. well.....

PICJAG

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Water baptism is an initiation into the faith of Jesus Christ and we appropriate the blood of Jesus through it.

Just compare Acts of the Apostles 22:16 and Hebrews 9:22; and you will see that the blood of Jesus is applied at baptism.

Reactions: 101G

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Think!! It won't hurt very much!!! Tweak!! Do you say that if an unbeliever gets baptized to please his wife or mother that that baptism saves him==Think some more and face the truth!

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I answered this in the other thread:
You seem to be ascribing magical properties to water. It is not the water itself that saves us. We are saved in baptism because it is then that God acts - regenerates us, forgives our sins, brings us into the New Covenant. All that was won for us by Jesus shedding his blood. It is applied to us in baptism. That is why baptism saves us.

Exactly, it is not us that do anything it is God that imparts Grace to us in Baptism.

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why no answer to this little question???
Think!! It won't hurt very much!!! Tweak!! Do you say that if an unbeliever gets baptized to please his wife or mother that that baptism saves him==Think some more and face the truth!

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why no answer to this little question???

No, it does however put him on to the journey of Salvation and puts an indelible mark on his soul. Remember baptism is an act of God not of man

Reactions: Mungo

Yan

Jun 15, 2020
City of David
the-land-of-hope.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Indonesia
Jesus shed his blood not by his own will, but the Evil One who captive mankind did it, and the Evil One who captives Israel since the fall of Solomon always seek innocent one as a burnt offerings to their master. Baptism is the sign God of Noah who use dove in the flood (Genesis 8:1-22) & by baptism the spirit of God fulfilled and protect our soul just like Jesus was baptised in Jordan river.
And the law of God had been fulfiled thru baptism (Acts of the apostles 10:34-48).

Mark 1:9-11
9. Now in those days Jesus came from Nazareth in Galilee and was baptized by John in the Jordan River.
10. And just as Jesus was coming up out of the water, he saw the heavens splitting apart and the Spirit descending on him like a dove.
11. And a voice came from heaven: “You are my one dear Son; in you I take great delight.”

Last edited:

Yan

Jun 15, 2020
City of David
Faith
Christian
Country
Indonesia
It was the will of the Father
Their demon Ifrit (gods of Eupherates river worshiped by Terah - Joshua 24:1-28) always seek innocent people to burnt offerings (1 Peter 5:6-10). That's why Jesus used Beelzebub to cast out evil spirits from men (Matthew 12:22-30), because Beelzebub is Ifrit's master and the ruler of Friday, this Eupherates gods was worshiped by Philistine people of Ekron (2 Kings 1:1-18). Friday was the day which Adam & Eve eat from the forbidden tree (The book of Adam & Eve in the Lost books of bible apocrypha was wrote about this).

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Yan,

Jesus did not use Beelzebub to cast out demons; He was accused of doing that by the Pharisees as a disparagement on His ministry. And Jesus responded by saying that they were in danger of committing the unpardonable sin.

He actually cast out demons by the Spirit of God.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The actual application of water has salvational value.

Eze 36:25, Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.
Eze 36:26, A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.
Eze 36:27, And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

If anyone does not want to be truly born again, I would warn them not to be baptized in Jesus' Name; because receiving that sacrament will save them...it will change the direction and inclination of their hearts.

Luk 7:29, And all the people that heard him, and the publicans, justified God, being baptized with the baptism of John.
Luk 7:30, But the Pharisees and lawyers rejected the counsel of God against themselves, being not baptized of him.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Baptism is to be done by believers whom have faith in Christ.
A non believer getting baptized doesn’t do much.

Yan

Jun 15, 2020
City of David
Faith
Christian
Country
Indonesia
@Yan,

Jesus did not use Beelzebub to cast out demons; He was accused of doing that by the Pharisees as a disparagement on His ministry. And Jesus responded by saying that they were in danger of committing the unpardonable sin.

He actually cast out demons by the Spirit of God.
If Jesus was God, so he was God who also put Cherubim at garden of Eden (Genesis 3:20-24). Cherubim was represent Babylonian gods, whereas cherubim was also feared by Ezekiel (Ezekiel 1:1-28) and all prophets was believed God's throne is above Cherubim (2 Samuel 6:2; 2 Samuel 22:10-12; 2 Kings 19:15; 1 Chronicles 13:6; Isaiah 37:16), no wonder Holy Spirit always came with Flames because Holy Spirit itself was the spring water of life. And that will convincing us why did the Moses ark of covenant built with Cherub symbol, Cherubim mentioned on Ezekiel was represent those seven angels who ruled our world as seven spirit of God (Revelation 4:1-11), so if you have 7 gifts of Holy Spirit then you have fulfilled with God's protection in daily basis in a week. That's why Jesus as God himself has a power and authority to command Beelzebub as a punisher to mankind and evil doers as a warning to make them repent.