If Baptism could save then there is no need for the shed Blood of Jesus.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not so.

Look how both the same Greek words are translated (KJV) in the following passage spoke by Jesus:

“And I say unto you my friends, Be not afraid [φοβέω] of them that kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do. But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear [φοβέω]: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear [φοβέω] him”.

Afraid certainty does not mean “respect”.
Be Afraid!
Be deathly afraid!
Run for your life!!

If I was on the other side of salvation I would be scared, real scared.
Some think God don't get angry.
Some think God always turns the other cheek.

Have you read the book of revelation???
He aint messing around.

It is appointed unto man once to die.
That's the verdict.
It's a stiff sentence too.
No one wants to die.

That's round 1.
You still have a chance.. it's called a 2nd chance... (isn't that amazing)
and you can get a "get out of jail free" card and you don't have to die a second time.

If you don't take that card.... you need to be afraid.
Because there aint no coming back for 3rds.

Least that's how I understand it.
HUGS

Reactions: justbyfaith

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Be Afraid!
Be deathly afraid!
Run for your life!!

If I was on the other side of salvation I would be scared, real scared.
Some think God don't get angry.
Some think God always turns the other cheek.

Have you read the book of revelation???
He aint messing around.

It is appointed unto man once to die.
That's the verdict.
It's a stiff sentence too.
No one wants to die.

That's round 1.
You still have a chance.. it's called a 2nd chance... (isn't that amazing)
and you can get a "get out of jail free" card and you don't have to die a second time.

If you don't take that card.... you need to be afraid.
Because there aint no coming back for 3rds.

Least that's how I understand it.
HUGS

Believe and be caught up (raptured) that is very near and never die!!

Reactions: Ziggy

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Believe and be caught up (raptured) that is very near and never die!!
Raptured...
Kind of like fish in a net.. caught up.

Mat 17:24
And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute?
Mat 17:25
He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers?
Mat 17:26
Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free.
Mat 17:27
Notwithstanding, lest we should offend them, go thou to the sea, and cast an hook, and take up the fish that first cometh up; and when thou hast opened his mouth, thou shalt find a piece of money: that take, and give unto them for me and thee.

Peter, oh Peter.. what a guy..
Only strangers have to pay taxes. Does your master pay? umm yup.

Peter still don't know who Jesus is.
He may be confessing with his mouth, but his heart just aint in it.

Imagine calling the Creator of the earth a stranger..
But for Peter's sake Jesus let it slide....

GISMYS 7,
I have no idea where that came from or what it has to do if anything with being caught in a net..
I mean raptured..
So many ways of looking at that.. kinda like a prism or kaleidoscope

I know what you mean though..
I love getting caught up in the Lord.
I can't wait to be walking on clouds..

cloud 9, 9 cats. crazy..

Jesus Loves us SO MUCH!!
HUGS

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yep he did in all the passages I showed about not being given the spirit of fear

if you teach fear you do not teach the gospel plan and simple. Because you are teaching the opposite of rest. You are teaching labor
Don't you think we should WORK out our salvation with FEAR and TREMBLING?

Reactions: Michiah-Imla

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dude
Go study it yourself. It has
Been shown multiple times here by multiple people. I am sick of games.

the Greek does not say it. The Greek can be trusted no English translation is
Infallible. Period
38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

The highlighted was faked?

By whom?

What translation correctly eliminated the highlighted?

Also...which "Greek" omitted he highlighted?

Jimmy the Greek?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did John's baptism provide remission of sins (see Mark 1:4)?
No, if so, then the rebaptism in the name of Jesus Christ of John's disciples would not have been necessary per Acts 19.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually no translation should be trusted completely they are not God breathed and no English translation I know of interprets completely what the Greek says it’s impossible

Psalm 119:42
... I trust in your word.

You should consider a change of attitude. Your high mindedness could cause some to stumble in the word.

For if any man see you dismissing English translations of the Bible, shall not the conscience of him which is weak be emboldened to dismiss them as well? And through your knowledge shall the weak brother perish, for whom Christ died? (See Corinthians 8:10-11).

The word is the sword of the Spirit. The moment you doubt the word, you end up in the hands of corruptible man and in the hands of Satan who is ready to devour the weak among us.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, if so, then the rebaptism in the name of Jesus Christ of John's disciples would not have been necessary per Acts 19.
I think I disagree with you there. Mark 1:4 says clearly that John's baptism was for the remission of sins.

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
John 5:24 (kjv) tells us that we have passed from death unto everlasting life from the moment of first faith.

Fair enough. I don't want to get into a scripture tennis match but u would know that scripture supports other views as well and with so many i can't see how anybody be so certain about it... I don'y claim to know and i don't think the knowledge is really that important...

Faith begins at the edges of understanding

For me personally when i had a OSAS mentality i found that i was always being invited by the evil one to do wrong and would often use OSAS to excuse myself...

I was away from God for so long, i persecuted him like Paul did but in my heart... And so now, like Paul, i have a thorn in my flesh, a cross to carry, evil follows me every step of the way... And so I cannot ignore sin and evil... I must wear the full armour of God to combat the evil one one cos my spiritual war is real and i must stand firm in my armour of God.

Godspeed and God bless

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Fair enough. I don't want to get into a scripture tennis match but u would know that scripture supports other views as well and with so many i can't see how anybody be so certain about it... I don'y claim to know and i don't think the knowledge is really that important...

Faith begins at the edges of understanding

For me personally when i had a OSAS mentality i found that i was always being invited by the evil one to do wrong and would often use OSAS to excuse myself...

I was away from God for so long, i persecuted him like Paul did but in my heart... And so now, like Paul, i have a thorn in my flesh, a cross to carry, evil follows me every step of the way... And so I cannot ignore sin and evil... I must wear the full armour of God to combat the evil one one cos my spiritual war is real and i must stand firm in my armour of God.

Godspeed and God bless

My take on OSAS is that OSAS is not the reality but that POTS is...

1 John 3:6 and 1 John 2:17 being the key verses for this doctrine.

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't you think we should WORK out our salvation with FEAR and TREMBLING?
Notice that Paul said to work OUT your salvation and NOT work FOR. Works salvation is not being taught here. The idea is to progress to the finish or completion in spiritual growth and maturity. This process is referred to as ongoing sanctification. The Greek word translated "fear" is in regards to "reverence" or "respect." Paul uses the same phrase in (2 Corinthians 7:15) in which he refers to Titus as being encouraged by the Corinthians reception of him "with fear and trembling," in other words, with great humility and respect for his position as a minister of the gospel of Jesus Christ. Paul himself came to the Corinthian church in "weakness and fear, and with much trembling" (1 Corinthians 2:3), with great respect of the work in which he was engaged.

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That word there is about respect not about fearing God as a dictator.

Strong's Concordance
phobos: panic flight, fear, the causing of fear, terror
Original Word: φόβος, ου, ὁ
Part of Speech: Noun, Masculine
Transliteration: phobos
Phonetic Spelling: (fob'-os)
Definition: panic flight, fear, the causing of fear, terror
Usage: (a) fear, terror, alarm, (b) the object or cause of fear, (c) reverence, respect.

Strong's Greek: 5401. φόβος (phobos) -- panic flight, fear, the causing of fear, terror

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One thing i do believe is that we get saved after we die...

What is the supporting scripture for the belief that we are saved before we die?
For by grace we "have been" (past tense with ongoing present results) saved through faith.. (Ephesians 2:8) There are 3 tenses to salvation. 1. We have been saved from the PENALTY of sin (justification) 2. We are being saved from the POWER of sin (ongoing sanctification) 3. We will be saved from the PRESENCE of sin (glorification)

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, you are judging the hearts.

The baptized folks fall under the category of the sower.

The wayside, stony, thorny and good ground folks.

You are saying the folks that don't walk with God after baptism are some other unmentioned ground type that Jesus never described.
Only the seed that fell in the good soil are the ones who having heard the word with a good and virtuous heart, and hold it firmly, and produce fruit with perseverance. (Luke 8:15)

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think I disagree with you there. Mark 1:4 says clearly that John's baptism was for the remission of sins.
Which was symbolic of the future lamb to be buried in a tomb for 3 days.

Just like the sacrifices were.

They all fell short of making the comers perfect.

This is why the disciples of John had to be rebaptized in the NAME of Jesus Christ in Acts 19.

Jesus' name baptism is the fulfillment of the sacrifice.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Notice that Paul said to work OUT your salvation and NOT work FOR. Works salvation is not being taught here. The idea is to progress to the finish or completion in spiritual growth and maturity. This process is referred to as ongoing sanctification. The Greek word translated "fear" is in regards to "reverence" or "respect." Paul uses the same phrase in (2 Corinthians 7:15) in which he refers to Titus as being encouraged by the Corinthians reception of him "with fear and trembling," in other words, with great humility and respect for his position as a minister of the gospel of Jesus Christ. Paul himself came to the Corinthian church in "weakness and fear, and with much trembling" (1 Corinthians 2:3), with great respect of the work in which he was engaged.
Nice try, but that does not resemble what Paul said...

12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

Reactions: Michiah-Imla

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You caught nothing. I was harmonizing Acts 2:38 with Acts 3:19, so it wasn't about skipping the middle of Acts 2:38. Now go back and read all of post #154.
I read what you did and you made this....

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Into this....

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and DELETE, DELETE, DELETE, DELETE, DELETE.... ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please don't be bashful and try to answer===There are most likely more unbelievers baptized than believers!!!
Why no answer to this little question???
Do you say that if an unbeliever gets baptized to please his wife or mother that that baptism saves him??= face the truth!

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please don't be bashful and try to answer===There are most likely more unbelievers baptized than believers!!!
Why no answer to this little question???
Do you say that if an unbeliever gets baptized to please his wife or mother that that baptism saves him??= face the truth!
Wishy washy is not unbeliever.

You are the biggest judge I know.

You think if a person flops in their commitment to God, they don't believe in God.

Don't judge a man until you walk in his shoes.