"IF I BE LIFTED UP FROM THE EARTH" - Denominationalism, Congregationalism, And Pluralism

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes your right Farouk. But I don’t believe it is good to hound and dominate someone.

What are your thoughts on this @amigo de christo , @farouk, and anyone else?

Say you have a Mormon and they explain to you how they see Jesus and it may take months to really get them to see the truth, however they tell you they believe that Jesus Christ died, was buried and rose again?

What do you do then?

What about a Jehovah witness person, and they. Tell you they believe that Jesus was the Word of God who came died on the cross and was buried and risen again? What do you do then?

Okay try both scenarios and they are actually confused to who Jesus is? How would you convince them who Jesus really was? Wouldn’t you take time to sit down, and maybe over time have Bible studies with them and slowly gently lead them to truth?

Or do you demand and dominate them and say if you don’t believe my way your going to hell and you poke them in the eye?
I have met many well meaning Christian whom have indeed try to dominate me to “save me”. No, I don’t feel “loved” as/after they attempt to spiritually assault me that way. Nor motivated to become their disciple. Rather, I turn the other cheek, quietly walk away with a prayer for them in my heart.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Fair enough @amigo de christo. Thank you for sharing your perspective with me and time.
Plant thyself in that bible . My , yours , or anyones persective matters not . ONLY WHAT GOD SAYS MATTERS .
Man is nothing , we all are worthy of one thing . SECOND DEATH . NOW excuse me for a bit , WHILE I PRAISE GOD
FOR HIS MERCY IN JESUS . And when i say JESUS i mean the one in the bible . Cause no other PERSPECTIVE OF HIM matters .
ONLY the biblical version . Be encouraged , i aint the monster demon that most think i am . I Actually DO LOVE
its why i warn . LOVE DESIRES NONE TO PERISH .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don’t know about anyone else but the above is important never forget these things please. This is what life with abundance in Christ Jesus is about.

Freedom. Freedom to be able to have your own individual relationship. Be free to share what is on your heart when you asked about God or the Lord Jesus Christ.

Just don’t dominate over people. Allow freedom and it will help you be free in Christ to have love for God and others in this life with him giving the abundance.

Of course share the truth if it is something going against Gods will or if they reject don’t cut them off have love, and have forgiveness, with mercy.

Philippians 3:14-16 KJV
14) I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.
15) Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.
16) Nevertheless, whereto we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us mind the same thing.

I think it's good to keep in mind, we're trying to give a gift of love, and it's up to God to change someone's heart.

I've found you and I seem quite far apart on some understandings, but it equally seems to me that you've entrusted yourself to Jesus, and are trusting Him for your life, which makes us brothers. Your spirit shows me the same thing.

God will give the increase.

Much love!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Philippians 3:14-16 KJV
14) I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.
15) Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.
16) Nevertheless, whereto we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us mind the same thing.

I think it's good to keep in mind, we're trying to give a gift of love, and it's up to God to change someone's heart.

I've found you and I seem quite far apart on some understandings, but it equally seems to me that you've entrusted yourself to Jesus, and are trusting Him for your life, which makes us brothers. Your spirit shows me the same thing.

God will give the increase.

Much love!
I am sticking with pointing folks to the BIBLCAL CHRIST and that SOUND DOCTRINE .
What ever happend to what true christains taught .
To learn that open those bibles . Too many folks are abondoning TRUE CHRISTANITY for todays version of said christanity and said love .
WE better NOSE DIVE FAST INTO THE DEEP GLOROUS POOL called the bible . JUST leap up on that diving board
and do a swan dive head first into the waters in that bible .
Folks seem more concerned these days with just finding common ground . NOT too much in biblical truth .
SWAN DIVE IN THAT BIBLE and SEE what paul and others said and taught .
A gift of love . LOVE POINTS TO JESUS not emotions or feelings . LOVE desires none to perish , THUS LOVE FOLLOWS BIBLE TRUTH .
HECK we all call ourselves christain . SO LEARN THE FIRST FIVE LETTERS OFTHAT WORD . AND LEARN from the FIRST
CHRISTAINS in that bible aswell . BIBLE JESUS TIME . I have no plans of getting caught up on this sensual love stuff .
FOR ME , ITS BIBLE TRUTH , that JESUS and the truth IN that bible that the fIRST christains actually taught .
IF i be hated or seen as a monster for that , WELL at least i am in good company .

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am sticking with pointing folks to the BIBLCAL CHRIST and that SOUND DOCTRINE .
What ever happend to what true christains taught .
To learn that open those bibles . Too many folks are abondoning TRUE CHRISTANITY for todays version of said christanity and said love .
WE better NOSE DIVE FAST INTO THE DEEP GLOROUS POOL called the bible . JUST leap up on that diving board
and do a swan dive head first into the waters in that bible .
Folks seem more concerned these days with just finding common ground . NOT too much in biblical truth .
SWAN DIVE IN THAT BIBLE and SEE what paul and others said and taught .
A gift of love . LOVE POINTS TO JESUS not emotions or feelings . LOVE desires none to perish , THUS LOVE FOLLOWS BIBLE TRUTH .
HECK we all call ourselves christain . SO LEARN THE FIRST FIVE LETTERS OFTHAT WORD . AND LEARN from the FIRST
CHRISTAINS in that bible aswell . BIBLE JESUS TIME . I have no plans of getting caught up on this sensual love stuff .
FOR ME , ITS BIBLE TRUTH , that JESUS and the truth IN that bible that the fIRST christains actually taught .
IF i be hated or seen as a monster for that , WELL at least i am in good company .
Another person/s thinking you are a monster or a hell bound deceived does not make you such. Nor does it make you a hero or martyr. Another person’s perception of you doesn’t make you anything.

Same with me, Marks, and everyone else.

As to interacting with others: I recommend taking the time to get to know each person, their strengths, weaknesses, love of Christ, etc.

Reactions: marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As to interacting with others: I recommend taking the time to get to know each person, their strengths, weaknesses, love of Christ, etc.
Absolutely!

So much interaction seems like ping-pong, or dodgeball, or skeet shoot! I love it when we can really connect, and find our unity in Christ.

Much love!

Reactions: Jane_Doe22

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another person/s thinking you are a monster or a hell bound deceived does not make you such. Nor does it make you a hero or martyr. Another person’s perception of you doesn’t make you anything.

Same with me, Marks, and everyone else.

Very well spoken . I dont judge what i am or what i aint based upon the views or words of men .
HOW GOD sees us is what matters .
Now excuse me for a second while i remember i am but naught , but a man worthy of the second and if there was a THIRD death .
PRAISE GOD FOR JESUS . That is , HE IS , the only GOODNESS , the only reason i am even counted worthy of GOD .
GOD who alone is the only one worthy as was the SON .
But thank you for that reminder anyway . IT was true . Its not how you or any other sees me that matters .
what matters is HOW GOD SEES ME . Mind excusing me again , WHILE I KEEP MYSELF HIDDEN IN CHRIST .
CAUSE were it not for CHRIST , GOD would see only the wicked thing i am . PRAISE GOD FOR HIS MERCY
As for me , BIBLE TIME . That is how , BY THE SPIRIT , take note i said by the SPIRIT , i view all things .
Yeah , ME STICKS TO BIBLE . Not what man says about bible , BUT TO the bible itself .
I have seen many folks get deceived by trusting in men .
I dont know what denomination you are , but my advice is , FLEE denominations of men and learn JESUS , YEH LEARN GOD
for yourself , THE BIBLICAL ONE . our churches are tanked . tanked . big time tanked .
Trust not in the baptist denomination . trust not in the methodist , the calvinist , trust not in the angelican
trust not in nar , trust not in emergent , trust not in prosperity gospel , trust not in THE Catholic church .
Follow not the jeohvas witness , follow not the mormon religoin , follow not adventist .
BETTER LEARN THE BIBLE FOR Yourself . I could sum it up by saying TRUST NOT AT ALL IN TODAYS CHRISTENDOM
TURN TBN OFF . LEARN BIBLE . cause all groups are tanking fast and fast tanking .
ITS JESUS FOR ME MY FRIEND . AND THE ONLY TRUE JESUS IS THE BIBLICAL ONE . I SHUN TODAYS UNITY TO HELL FIRE .
not the people but the doctrine .
MARK MY WORDS , no matter what denomination you are of , YOUR LEADERS ARE ALREADYING LEADING YOU INTO
this lets get along and find common ground . NOT FOR ME .

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Very well spoken . I dont judge what i am or what i aint based upon the views or words of men .
Now excuse me for a second while i remember i am but naught , but a man worthy of the second and if there was a THIRD death .
PRAISE GOD FOR JESUS . That is , HE IS , the only GOODNESS , the only reason i am even counted worthy of GOD .
But thank you for that reminder anyway . IT was true . Its not how you or any other sees me that matters .
what matters is HOW GOD SEES ME . Mind excusing me again , WHILE I KEEP MYSELF HIDDEN IN CHRIST .
CAUSE were it not for CHRIST , GOD would see only the wicked thing i am . PRAISE GOD FOR HIS MERCY
As for me , BIBLE TIME . That is how , BY THE SPIRIT , take note i said by the SPIRIT , i view all things .
Yeah , ME STICKS TO BIBLE . Not what man says about bible , BUT TO the bible itself .
I dont know what denomination you are , but my advice is , FLEE denominations of men and learn JESUS , YEH LEARN GOD
for yourself , THE BIBLICAL ONE . our churches are tanked . tanked . big time tanked .
Trust not in the baptist denomination . trust not in the methodist , the calvinist , trust not in the angelican
trust not in nar , trust not in emergent , trust not in prosperity gospel , trust not in THE Catholic church .
Follow not the jeohvas witness , follow not the mormon religoin , follow not adventist .
BETTER LEARN THE BIBLE FOR Yourself . I could sum it up by saying TRUST NOT AT ALL IN TODAYS CHRISTENDOM
TURN TBN OFF . LEARN BIBLE . cause all groups are tanking fast and fast tanking .
ITS JESUS FOR ME MY FRIEND . AND THE ONLY TRUE JESUS IS THE BIBLICAL ONE . I SHUN TODAYS UNITY TO HELL FIRE .
MARK MY WORDS , no matter what denomination you are of , YOUR LEADERS ARE ALREADYING LEADING YOU INTO
You completely missed the point of my post.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Am I being unreasonable or idealistic?
Unfortunately, yes. Unity begins with unity around the true Christ, the true Gospel, and true Bible doctrine. Since this is only possible within a local church (ideally) that is all one should expect. But Christendom has been divided for a very long time and that will not change. Also, fake unity under the pope (which is the dream of the Vatican) is totally meaningless.

Marvelloustime

Sep 15, 2020
Heaven bound
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yep. Doctrine matters.
Praise the glorious biblical Lord Jesus.

Reactions: amigo de christo

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Everyone has to live their own individual life. Always be gentle and humble before all people is what the scripture says. Live by and in the spirit and ask God to help you. God does see our heart and all the secrets that one may keep to themselves. Jesus can set us free from the bondage of sin and death, and knowing God is eternal life, I believe it says.

Love to God is what is important, love for your neighbor, and to have love for yourself too. To love your neighbor is to love yourself, I believe. Also to be wise and understanding is another way to love yourself so you don’t treat yourself badly.

If one treats themselves badly they may reflect that treatment on to others and that is not good.

Any thoughts on this?

Reactions: Jane_Doe22

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Everyone has to live their own individual life. Always be gentle and humble before all people is what the scripture says. Live by and in the spirit and ask God to help you. God does see our heart and all the secrets that one may keep to themselves. Jesus can set us free from the bondage of sin and death, and knowing God is eternal life, I believe it says.

Love to God is what is important, love for your neighbor, and to have love for yourself too. To love your neighbor is to love yourself, I believe. Also to be wise and understanding is another way to love yourself so you don’t treat yourself badly.

If one treats themselves badly they may reflect that treatment on to others and that is not good.

Any thoughts on this?
Amen.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So does how we treat each other. Many people whom “are defending the Biblical truth” are in reality just being clanging cymbals (Cor. 13:1).
I find being spoken at difficult to take seriously....in fact I don't.
I see the 'speaking at' phenomena an attempt to force ones view......a principle I have been guilty of and one I have come to find repugnant on various levels.....however, just as God has been patient with me so I am obliged to be patient with attitudes and dispositions of what gets up my nose.

Through the mouths of others and my thinking processes I have heard a still small voice that is recognisable.....and it moves something in me. I long for the company of others who have trod a similar path.....for in it, love develops.

Last edited:

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Absolutely!

So much interaction seems like ping-pong, or dodgeball, or skeet shoot! I love it when we can really connect, and find our unity in Christ.

Much love!
But what happens when our connection is not spiritual but based rather on the world . This is a major problem that has long
developed in the church . Our connection is Christ . When i was not a follower of Christ i could connect with anyone of the world .
Had the same common interests and all . But the connection was not spiritual .
Our connection should be Christ , which means His doctrine . I can be nice to all folks , but i have no connection with the world .
My true family are those who love JESUS .

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But what happens when our connection is not spiritual but based rather on the world . This is a major problem that has long
developed in the church . Our connection is Christ . When i was not a follower of Christ i could connect with anyone of the world .
Had the same common interests and all . But the connection was not spiritual .
Our connection should be Christ , which means His doctrine . I can be nice to all folks , but i have no connection with the world .
My true family are those who love JESUS .
I recommend starting the conversation by asking a person about their love of Christ & listening to their answer :)

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just let the LORD lead . He always gives me words .
Amigo, I'll be direct here. I love you passion for Christ. That is totally awesome. However, I see you frequently rant about other beliefs/persons. As a "Mormon", I'm a regular target of those rants and they are very inaccurate. I love Christ, though of course I do not sit in the same pew as you and disagree with you on theological points. Do you want to talk with me about Christ and have thinking conversation? Or get this pitch fork out and recite the same old inaccurate "warnings" at me straight out of an "anti-cult" book? The latter comes across as pure hypocrisy to you "don't follow other people" stance and devoid of actual charity. And it deeply bothers me to see that behavior from you over and over again, let alone your preach it as being a good thing. It's not Christ-like, it's not interested in truth, it's not interested in sharing the Gospel. It's only pitch-folk boundary maintence. And I'm not special this way-- there's a very long list of people you treat this way.