"IF I BE LIFTED UP FROM THE EARTH" - Denominationalism, Congregationalism, And Pluralism

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@BarnyFife , so thinking about just the title post.

Im at the point where I’ll love anyone, who wants to simply talk to me. Know my heart loves God and from my heart desire to be humble towards others. Trying not to be prideful or try to dominate another persons way they believe.

I have flaws and faults and am not perfect and being perfect doesn’t exist. I fail from time to time to time in my flesh. I do believe that it is good to speak truth to another person, and share with them. However if they oppose the notion it is fine, people should be allowed to believe what they are going to believe.

If you have an issue with a persons belief that manner should be conducted privately in an open discussion if they are willingly to and you may both learn from each other while doing so however it is no reason to cut them off or out of the picture completely even if you come to a disagreement in the first place

All relationships that are involving the Gospel of Christ faith, include their relationship being private between the person and God. There should be no policing over a persons life, and they should be free to live their life anyway they want to.

Im someone who believes in ultra liberty, and that is not a political take. Everyone is free when it comes to their liberty in Christ to make and do whatever decisions they decide to.

I believe also it is a good thing to study the word, and see what it has to say, and it is helpful for a person in this life.

As stated previously everyone should have their own beliefs and relationship with God on a individual level and love people from the heart having love for people who believe differently than yourself, however not to become prideful over others and policing them as though they should believe their way, that seems dangerous to me and our flesh is capable of doing it.

Thoughs are my thoughts as an approach to Christianity. Not a denomination.

Reactions: marks

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don’t know about anyone else but the above is important never forget these things please. This is what life with abundance in Christ Jesus is about.

Freedom. Freedom to be able to have your own individual relationship. Be free to share what is on your heart when you asked about God or the Lord Jesus Christ.

Just don’t dominate over people. Allow freedom and it will help you be free in Christ to have love for God and others in this life with him giving the abundance.

Of course share the truth if it is something going against Gods will or if they reject don’t cut them off have love, and have forgiveness, with mercy.

Reactions: marks

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don’t know about anyone else but the above is important never forget these things please. This is what life with abundance in Christ Jesus is about.

Freedom. Freedom to be able to have your own individual relationship. Be free to share what is on your heart when you asked about God or the Lord Jesus Christ.

Just don’t dominate over people. Allow freedom and it will help you be free in Christ to have love for God and others in this life with him giving the abundance.

Of course share the truth if it is something going against Gods will or if they reject don’t cut them off have love, and have forgiveness, with mercy.
Read your last line again . What did JESUS say to do if folks did not receive the truth . He said shake the very dust off ya feet against them .
What did paul say if one does not hear after the first or second admonition . HE said REJECT THEM .
Learning the bible has been a tremenous blessing . I praise GOD he put me in that book with A love from HIM to read it and stay in it .
Many folks have fallen away due to todays means of evangelism and todays means of love . Neither of which are biblical .
we must do all now to point folks to THE JESUS . For as paul once said , there is such a thing as ANOTHER jesus .
WE got to get built up in those bibles and dire fast too or many wont make it .

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes your right Farouk. But I don’t believe it is good to hound and dominate someone.

What are your thoughts on this @amigo de christo , @farouk, and anyone else?

Say you have a Mormon and they explain to you how they see Jesus and it may take months to really get them to see the truth, however they tell you they believe that Jesus Christ died, was buried and rose again?

What do you do then?

What about a Jehovah witness person, and they. Tell you they believe that Jesus was the Word of God who came died on the cross and was buried and risen again? What do you do then?

Okay try both scenarios and they are actually confused to who Jesus is? How would you convince them who Jesus really was? Wouldn’t you take time to sit down, and maybe over time have Bible studies with them and slowly gently lead them to truth?

Or do you demand and dominate them and say if you don’t believe my way your going to hell and you poke them in the eye?

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Yes your right Farouk. But I don’t believe it is good to hound and dominate someone.

Say you have a Mormon and they explain to you how they see Jesus and it may take months to really get them to see the truth, however they tell you they believe that Jesus Christ died, was buried and rose again?

What do you do then?

What about a Jehovah witness person, and they. Tell you they believe that Jesus was the Word of God who came died on the cross and was buried and risen again? What do you do then?

Okay try both scenarios and they are actually confused to who Jesus is? How would you convince them who Jesus really was? Wouldn’t you take time to sit down, and maybe over time have Bible studies with them and slowly gently lead them to truth?

Or do you demand and dominate them and say if you don’t believe my way your going to hell and you poke them in the eye?
Simply and politely giving them something Scriptural to think about is better than any long, complicated strategy, imho...

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

What do you do then?

We cant hound anyone . We simply speak the truth . If one does not receive the truth or correction , we then do as Jesus said to do .
We dont have to hound a soul . Jesus never hounded anyone to come to HIM . We are to be serious , sincere , grave ,
but we dont hound anyone . Now , as for folks who Claim to be brethren , those , if in sin or teaching falsehoods
we do as the apostles taught to do . Aka , if you are with a christain who claims HE is one and yet supports sin
or is gay , for example , or a theif , or a liar , we rebuke them . AND if they heed not the correction
well paul said dont even eat with them .
But seeker friendly says otherwise . AND ITS FALSE my friend . Seeker friendly IS what destroyed what was left of the churches
that went under it . I can be friendly to all , but when one is in grave danger of sin , They must be corrected .
And if they dont heed , i would even cast them OUT of the church till they did heed and repent of sin .
Does this make me seem as a monster . If so , i guess paul and others were as well , cause its who i get this from .
We are destroying our own churches cause we wont correct said people who do err in said churches and the leaven goes viral .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and ps , praying to saints , to mary , to angels is deadly blasphemous .
Yet todays church just eats and has fellowship with those who do so . Talk about deceptoin .
If we love them , we would CORRECT them , not just hug and get along and over look deadly dangerous sin .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

What do you do then?

or a catholic that prays to mary , to saints , to angels .
Lets not leave them out of that list .
I would do to the catholic , the same as i would to a mormon or a JW .
Try and expound the deadly dangerous they teach and do .
And if they dont and wont hear it , well , I MOVE ON . The problem with the church is they went all out seeker friendly
and that has led to this all big UNITY move which is totally destroying and reshaping the entire church .
WONT be long now till all faiths are as ONE and so are all other religions . Folks got no idea
what this whole false love unity move is all about nor where , nor who its leading them all right too .
We better all wise up and fast . The best way to do this , lets simply start afresh and anew
in the BIBLE and ONLY the bible . Learn this and learn it well and fast too . The more i love , though , the less i be loved .
Cause love corrects , for love desires the death of none . BUT most folks NO likey correction .

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
We cant hound anyone . We simply speak the truth . If one does not receive the truth or correction , we then do as Jesus said to do .
We dont have to hound a soul . Jesus never hounded anyone to come to HIM . We are to be serious , sincere , grave ,
but we dont hound anyone . Now , as for folks who Claim to be brethren , those , if in sin or teaching falsehoods
we do as the apostles taught to do . Aka , if you are with a christain who claims HE is one and yet supports sin
or is gay , for example , or a theif , or a liar , we rebuke them . AND if they heed not the correction
well paul said dont even eat with them .
But seeker friendly says otherwise . AND ITS FALSE my friend . Seeker friendly IS what destroyed what was left of the churches
that went under it . I can be friendly to all , but when one is in grave danger of sin , They must be corrected .
And if they dont heed , i would even cast them OUT of the church till they did heed and repent of sin .
Does this make me seem as a monster . If so , i guess paul and others were as well , cause its who i get this from .
We are destroying our own churches cause we wont correct said people who do err in said churches and the leaven goes viral .
Except Jesus was constantly being denigrated and abused because throughout His 3.1/2 year ministry He chose to eat with sinners.

Reactions: amigo de christo

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Except Jesus was constantly being denigrated and abused because throughout His 3.1/2 year ministry He chose to eat with sinners.
Not exclusively of course, but He held no qualms concerning sitting down and eating, drinking, and talking with those who not only opposed Him in everything He said and did, but we're considered as outcasts of society.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Indeed, John 17.17.
Very good my friend .
Since we are on the topic of truth lets talk about something that so few want to talk about today .
Do remember paul once wrote the colossians and warned them not to let any man beguile you of your reward
in a what ...........worshipping of angels . YET todays church wont bother correcting catholics who pray to angels , to saints , to mary .
Where is the so called love in that . I dont see it . If my child was going down a path that led him to his death ,
yet i said no warning to him , just let him skip along and have fun , hugged him , yet at the end he died . WHERE was the love in that .
SO where is the love in this so called lets over look our differences and have unity and get along .
Its deadly my friend . Did you know that any time JESUS was invited to a dinner , HE corrected even those who invited HIM
if he saw error . But most folks wont dare teach that part .
WE cant leave them in that blindness . Mormons worship a whole other jesus. If folks even bothered to research their teachings
THEY would see this . NO way do they follow the same GOD we do , nor the same JESUS .
But today its , OH they beleive we all one family. There is such a thing as another jesus . PAUL made mention of it .
I see many churches that teach and preach another jesus , one that cant save . Yet , oh lets just hug and find common ground
is todays motto . DONT you all realize what has been going on . ITS been the plan to infiltrate our churches
THEY DID . They have been at work for years on this . ITs all about having a one world social gospel religion
Soon enough what i warned about long ago will blossom , truth is , it already is .
I warned folks , years back , about rick warren and his brand of evanglism . And seeker friendly , emergent .
I also warned this will end up SILENCING the voices of those who preach the one true gosple .
WELL we are almost there . Already in rings and circles churches are seeing prolestyzing as not good
Pope francis says we aint even real chrsitains if we do so . Rings are seeing it as non loving , as causing divsions .
\THE CHURCH WENT BANKRUPT . THIS was and is the plan . ONE BIG LOVEY RELIGOIN that IS SOCIAL GOSPLE
GREEN agenda , all faiths and all religons as one working together for the common good of mother earth .
BUT FOLKS cant see this . ITS where this is all headed . AND they all in bed with ROME . We got to return to the bible
to the FIRST LOVE , teh FIRST Faith and CONTED FOR THAT FIRST FAITH . And do it NOW .

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Not exclusively of course, but He held no qualms concerning sitting down and eating, drinking, and talking with those who not only opposed Him in everything He said and did, but we're considered as outcasts of society.
And I'm glad He didn't give up on me. It took years to finally convince me to accept Him. In the meantime I rejected Him several times, and yet He saved my life at least twice that I know of during those years.

Reactions: BarneyFife

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They came to HIM . and he always corrected Error . So lets not forget that part either .
JESUS was not being unequally yoked by partying like they did and speaking like they did . HE TUAGHT THEM .
SO we must too . Todays version of evangelism the gospel is DEAD . We need to return to the original pattern .
Be sincere , be grave , actually OPEN the mouth and talk about JESUS . Look at how peter witnessed .
Look at how paul witnessed . Learn from that . Rick warren , the emergent church , YEAH they BANKRUPT
and its killing and killed most all churches who go under it .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The pharisees called everything but themselves SINNERS .
BUT if you take note these sinners were COMING TO and LISTENING TO JESUS .
AND HE was teaching , and yes REBUKING too . Now lets not forget that part .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And I'm glad He didn't give up on me. It took years to finally convince me to accept Him. In the meantime I rejected Him several times, and yet He saved my life at least twice that I know of during those years.
all we can do , my friend , is march onward in the LORD . JESUS once warned , But if the light that is in you be darkness
how great that darkness is . SATAN APPEARS as an angel of light and has captivated so many churches .
Satan uses the name of JESUS to them , but the jesus he sells the church , is his own self .
And folks are supping up this as though it is the LIGHT OF GOD , when in truth ITS DARKNESS and HOW GREAT that DARKNESS has become .
WE must stand and contend for the truth more than ever . Praying souls will hear . DOing all , as did the early church , to be fellow helpers
to the truth . WE MUST STAND NOW and CONTEND like never before . Some will hear , BUT MOST are gonna attack and call us haters .
BUT , so long as the LORD is glorified and maybe some are saved , ITS ALL we can do now . THIS world , these churches
and this new social religoin , AINT GONNA LOVE US . BUT endure faithful to the end and CLING to the LORD and LET the TRUE LIGHT SHINE .