If I was Jesus.... and other songs he might have sung.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here's a tongue-in-cheek thread introducing songs with a message beyond the words....

His was the original clash.....

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If I fail to come to a complete stop at a four-way intersection with posted signs, have I committed a crime?

I guess that depends on circumstances... or does it? How about if I can clearly see that there are no other cars coming from any direction.... so why stop? --so I don't and there are absolutely no consequences for disregarding the law that says I should have.

Ah-- but what if I saw no cars coming from any direction and neither did I see the cop car in the bushes, but he saw me? Now there is a witness to my offense and one who has the authority to take me to task for it, so he turns on his lights, pulls me over and writes me a ticket for breaking the law. Different picture right? Yet the very same law existed whether anyone saw me or not, took me to task or not.... in all scenarios I broke the exact same law twice, once without consequence, once with a penalty attached. I broke the law, but did I sin?

Here's another circumstance in which I didn't see any cars approaching, neither did I see the cop in the bushes so I don't stop at the sign and go right on through, but this time it was my own shortsightedness that kept me from seeing that there was indeed a car approaching at a high rate of speed and I pulled out right in front of him, causing him to swerve into the bushes, killing the cop who was hiding there.

Now my minor offense has dire consequences-- and rather than a simple traffic infraction, I'm charged with manslaughter. Still the very same law that I broke as before.... it's the result of breaking the law that I broke that makes my crime and punishment worse. Do you see? The law seems almost silly when it's just me rolling on through with no ill intent and no consequence, but the law was for a purpose. You don't keep the law for the sake of the law, but because the same law that is in effect covers a multitude of sins and consequences that can be avoided by keeping it in whole, not in part. The spirit of the law is greater than the law itself. To be perfect, I would have to completely follow the law at all times and in all ways and not just the law itself, but the purpose and full effect of the law in all ways.